The games are afoot: general Euro 2004 discussion thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
I edited the post in question. I appreciate it was a provocative post but responding in the manner you did will only escalate the situation. Its in the forum rules, no foul or abusive language.

You are not, in the main, in the wrong here so lets leave it at that.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Sep 14, 2003
I don't believe Nedved would intentionally try to have someone sent off. He made alot more of the tackle than it actually was, but as I've already said, the ref is the idiot for giving him the 2nd yellow when it wasn't anything like worth a booking.

Freddy

Feb 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Holdon ] ++
I don't believe Nedved would intentionally try to have someone sent off. He made alot more of the tackle than it actually was, but as I've already said, the ref is the idiot for giving him the 2nd yellow when it wasn't anything like worth a booking.
That spanish Referee was bad..he's an idiot

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
I agree with you Torks. I'd say he "made a meal out of it" but it was hardly a particularly bad dive by any stretch, plus he'd been cruelly fouled twice already and I wouldn't blame him if he was getting a tad pissed off with the dutch defending and decided to dive!

As for the match, that was probably the best match I have ever seen, eclipsing even the 4-3 Spain win over Yougoslavia at Euro 2000 and maybe even the second half of Inter Roma the season before last, ending 3-3. Truly awesome to behold :cool:
Ok so maybe I was too harsh. Point is Nedved made a meal out of it and the ref decided to send off Heitinga for a tackle that didn't deserve a yellow.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #725
    Yeah, I dont think Neddy wanted him sent off. I mean, he probably didnt even see who fouled him, and if he did like he would think: Hmmm, I'm sprinting towards the goal at fuul spped, but look it's Heitinga behind me. Maybe he'll try to foul me. But wait, he laready has a yellow card, if I fall down maybe he'll get a red one. Let's try that."

Not enough time. When you play you dont think. You just... play.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Fact is that the referee screwed up.

The match was so great it deserved a winner - but it never deserved a loser. Figures though that we should be it...

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++

Idiotic Italy?? Please explain would you mean by this..sorry but I'm not familiar with branding names before a nation...how does it work? Angry Albanians? Freaky French? Evil English?? :rolleyes: real mature Donny...real classy.

nick nobody talked shit about Milan when they won. becoz we knew they deserve it. but now that italy is playing like it was expected to play you are throwing crap at a juve player.

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    Fact is that the referee screwed up.

The match was so great it deserved a winner - but it never deserved a loser. Figures though that we should be it...

erik. true. looks like holland deserves it more than germany. hopefully the czechs wont let germany win that game.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    Nedved sometimes is like some kids that play football with my little brother. When someone touches them they go to the floor and stay there saying how much it hurts and wasting time, instead of going up and keep playing because we all know nothing happened.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++
    watching the Czech-Holland game I can't believe how on one hand he moves brilliantly up the field and contributes massively to his team and on the other how he dives at every opportunity he gets. The Holland player received a second yellow and as a result a RED CARD for a supposed tackle on Nedved when the replay CLEARLY demonstrated he did not even TOUCH Nedved. This is not new for Nedved as he has this habit of diving every time he senses a player around him. DISGUSTING. His brilliance is over-shadowed by this unsportsmanlike display and CHEAP strategy. SHAMEFUL.
    And so I find myself agreeing with you. Interesting development to say the least... :D

River

Jun 15, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++

And so I find myself agreeing with you. Interesting development to say the least... :D
    Nedved went down easily. That hardly warrants branding of CHEAP, DISCUSTING and SHAMEFUL. And there was a touch, im sure he could have stayed up of he really wanted to but not like its something new. And to say he dived to try to get the player sent of is a longshot. Its especially rich coming from an Italian fan :rolleyes:

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    i have no idea. He was brought on as a sub tho, with little time left. why cant spain actually win? player for player, they can very easily win this tournament!!! Great goalie, good defence, amazing midfield, and totally on form morientes!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Yeap.... nedved tends to do that crappy dive in all the games... and this is not something new...

But this is not overshadowed by his great temper and figthing spirit.... :D NO way!.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Hey but thoise nedved divings not overshadows the monster he was on the field yesterday ;)

He is a dievr we know... but he can take the time on his shoulders when he really wants ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)