the future number.10 (2 Viewers)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Could Mutu do it?I don't see why not - although of course he ain't Italian so its not gonna please the traditionalists, but he's got all the attributes to become #10

OP
HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #3
    i think being an italian has got a lot to do with it.
    so when he joins,cassano shud have the best chance.
    but right now id go for zlatan.

Jul 28, 2002
    as long as it isnt cassano for starters :fero:

Mutu would be my favourite at the current time, considering Platini was french, i would have to say there is a chance.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    Fair point about Platini. And cassano for that matter - I like to think there has to be something extra special about a player for them to become Juventus number 10. Whether thats true or not I don't know since I've been a fan only about 12 years. Cassano for me still has the spoilt brat image and that seriously puts me off despite his obvious raw talent - which remains to be utilised btw.

Mutu would be fine by me though, perhaps thats a little c0ontradictory after his drugs ban but there you go.

Great avatar btw of Wasim :cool: u getting into the ashes too?

OP
    HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #6
    platini was a legend of the game my friend.one of the finest midfielders the world ever saw.
    mutu doesnt fall into that category of greatness.
    so it will have to be an italian,or the best non-italian player in the world,something which zlatan might become in the coming years.

maybe juve shud start a new tradition and give their keeper the #10 jersey.
    buffon:D

OP
    HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #7
    offtopic :
    ashes remind me..
    the english ALMOST whipped australia's sorry ass..i HATE mcgrath

and im really proud of wasim.he's my countryman:)

Jul 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Tom ] ++
    Fair point about Platini. And cassano for that matter - I like to think there has to be something extra special about a player for them to become Juventus number 10. Whether thats true or not I don't know since I've been a fan only about 12 years. Cassano for me still has the spoilt brat image and that seriously puts me off despite his obvious raw talent - which remains to be utilised btw.

Mutu would be fine by me though, perhaps thats a little c0ontradictory after his drugs ban but there you go.

Great avatar btw of Wasim :cool: u getting into the ashes too?
    been to two days of the old trafford test which were amazing. It has been a top class summer of cricket for me, and england finally competeing with the aussies jus caps it all off.:cool:

Totaly agree with the #10 part of the post :angel:

Jul 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by axlrose85 ] ++
    platini was a legend of the game my friend.one of the finest midfielders the world ever saw.
    mutu doesnt fall into that category of greatness.
    so it will have to be an italian,or the best non-italian player in the world,something which zlatan might become in the coming years.

maybe juve shud start a new tradition and give their keeper the #10 jersey.
    buffon:D
    We have had brilliant men who are number 10's and cassano doesnt fit that bracket (yes we kno u love cassano)

Gigi with number 10...somehow i can see his ego fitting the jersey :D

Off: Wasim akram, the greatest play i have ever had the honour to watch.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    Awesome, hope you didn't go to the day that was rained off though mate. We were going to turn up to the last day's play but as soon as we heard about the huge demand for tickets we decided not to bother this time. I'll be trying to sneak into the monday of the Trent Bridge test if possible though, its only 15 miles from my house.

Such a shame we couldn't wrap up the victory this wek, though it leaves the last 2 tests a mouthwatering prospect :cool: - hate to say it but I do blame Vaughan to some extent - he wasn't really attacking enough with the slip cordon. i honestly reckon we'd have won had he been a little more adventurous.

OP
    HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #11
    rain destroyed england's chances mate.it almost wipes away an entire day.and then the bloody umpire didnt give brett lee lbw,where he shudve been given out.

anyway..
    i reckon england will win 2-1.

Jul 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Tom ] ++
    Awesome, hope you didn't go to the day that was rained off though mate. We were going to turn up to the last day's play but as soon as we heard about the huge demand for tickets we decided not to bother this time. I'll be trying to sneak into the monday of the Trent Bridge test if possible though, its only 15 miles from my house.

Such a shame we couldn't wrap up the victory this wek, though it leaves the last 2 tests a mouthwatering prospect :cool: - hate to say it but I do blame Vaughan to some extent - he wasn't really attacking enough with the slip cordon. i honestly reckon we'd have won had he been a little more adventurous.
    Thankfully i missed the rain soaked day, but it did rain on sunday.

If u can, try and get to the monday test, it would be a brilliant atmosphere if anything like the old trafford. The banter with the aussie fans is gr8 and watching freddie destroy the likes of hayden and co is beautifull.

I totaly agree about vaughan, he didnt look like he had the balls to try and push for the win, prefering to defend the lead imho.

The biggest fuk up was strauss and bell on sunday.

Yes they scored there centruy and 50, but it took them that long to do so it didnt give us the maximum time to bowl out the aussies. The batsmen were not aggressive enough.

Kp got bowled with a perfect yorker first ball by mcgrath, imho thats where it started to slip away. If he had got a quick fire 40 earlier it would have allowed more time to bowl out the aussies.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by axlrose85 ] ++
    rain destroyed england's chances mate.it almost wipes away an entire day.and then the bloody umpire didnt give brett lee lbw,where he shudve been given out.

anyway..
    i reckon england will win 2-1.
    Yeah but to be honest there was also a big lbw decision that should have been not out, given against simon Katich I think on the last day - so it all evens out.

2-1 is fine by me :D

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    John, must say I agree with pretty much all of that. Was pretty disappointing to see both FF & KP get out for total of about 5 in the second innings too. If anybody is gonna score runs quick its those two.. KP is quickly becoming my favourite player by the way, after Thorpey retired!

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    I don't recognize anyone yet....the guy must be something special,but in the incoming years maybe the situation will rapidly change,and maybe the number 10 will not be so significant.The whole football system changes very fast,everything is about the money,and the institution of number 10 is losing the significance.
    A long time ago,you could know in which position the player is,but now you have large numbers for defenders (27 Zebina,28 Cannavaro) and also some silly examples (Zamorano 9+1).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)