The Formula 1 thread - Season 2005 (6 Viewers)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Massa already has a contract for next season.

Perhaps Kimi is becoming a bit tired with McLaren. They have the fastest car but it seems to be very unreliable. Ferrari on the other hand are the definition of reliability and you know that they'll find the speed sooner or later. IMO Kimi will drive for Ferrari. Rossi, on the other hand, might not, but that too is a possibility. He's already had 2 or 3 tests for Ferrari and AFAIK even more are scheduled for next season. He already has 5 Moto GP titles, he'll get the 6th this season, 7th next year, and he might very well want a change of scenery.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #343
    Concerning Rossi, our very own Elkkan was repeatedly spotted in Moto GP races alongside Vale.

In addition to what you said about Ferrari's reliability they always try to get the best drivers for their team and it is definitely Kimi after Michael's retirement. Another thing about finding the speed, their car for next season is already ready and the testing has already started.

Concerning Michael himself, it is always known that drivers try two last seasons before retiring, I see him driving next season as his last. He will not win the championship if Kimi was driving alongside, but he will set the Pole Position record and retire as the absolute legend.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    Well, considering that he has by far the superior car it shouldnt be hard.

Anyways, latest creative rumours say that Raikonnen and Rossi will drive for Ferrari in 2007, when MS retires.
    Tough words there Z. I'd say Montoya would be more than a match for Michael if he had a McLaren himself.

Rossi and Raikonnen sounds like an exciting line up. Personally though, I'd have to say JPM was the more likely of the two to get that Ferrari seat, because Kimi's style is better suited to McLaren. JPM is the more out and out sorta driver that Ferrari would like as a replacement for MS.

Ahh, in a perfect world, they'd just hand JV a two year deal. :greedy:

Gep

The Guv'nor
    Jun 12, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++

Tough words there Z. I'd say Montoya would be more than a match for Michael if he had a McLaren himself.

Rossi and Raikonnen sounds like an exciting line up. Personally though, I'd have to say JPM was the more likely of the two to get that Ferrari seat, because Kimi's style is better suited to McLaren. JPM is the more out and out sorta driver that Ferrari would like as a replacement for MS.
    Kimi has bags of talent, and i'd love to see him in the Ferrari. JPM is good too but i dont see him with Ferrari.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    I'm not talking about the talents at hand, I'm actually referring to their characteristics and temperaments. And while we're at it, I'd even go as far to say that I wouldnt perceive any of this news to be certain just yet. My contenders for the Ferrari seat would be: (in no particular order)

Juan Pablo Montoya
    Kimi Raikonnen
    Fernando Alonso
    Jacques Villeneuve (Sentimental favourite)
    Narain Karthekeiyan (Indian, test driver if not more :heart: )
    Felipe Massa (Already confirmed)

Gep

The Guv'nor
    Jun 12, 2005
    I'm not talking about the talents at hand, I'm actually referring to their characteristics and temperaments. And while we're at it, I'd even go as far to say that I wouldnt perceive any of this news to be certain just yet. My contenders for the Ferrari seat would be: (in no particular order)

Juan Pablo Montoya
    Kimi Raikonnen
    Fernando Alonso
    Jacques Villeneuve (Sentimental favourite)
    Narain Karthekeiyan (Indian, test driver if not more :heart: )
    Felipe Massa (Already confirmed)
    Alonso is not aggressive enough for Ferrari. Montoya is too aggressive at times which leads to errors. And my boy Kimi has the balance of both.

KIMI + MASSA @FERRARI 2007.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003

Ahh, in a perfect world, they'd just hand JV a two year deal. :greedy:

I dont think si. IMO Montoya is not the man for Ferrari. They've had the best driver in the world for the last 9 years, and I think Montoya's temperament and error proness would not be welcomed at Ferrari. Schummi might have been agressive, but he was cool headed, something Montoya is not.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #353
    I agree with Zlatan, Montoya lacks the class that is recquired in Ferrari.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003

Not the temperament.

Think Michael, back in the day.

Everybody thinks that Ferrari should have a hot headed, temperamental driver because they're Italian and have that image, but I disagree.

Michael was never hot headed like Montoya was, in fact he was nothing like Montoya. Yes, he was arrogant and aggressive, but he was never as reckless or unconsistant (I dont think he was reckless in that Villeneuve crash) like Montoya, never made many unneccessary misstakes and was always very proffesional, both in testing, races and car setup, and he helped Ferrari make their car better. He was nothing like Montoya. I personaly think that Kimi, maybe even Alonso, is much more like Michael than Montoya.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #358
    Preach Zlatan, preach.

ANd another thing Michael has class, and this is what Ferrari looks for.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

Everybody thinks that Ferrari should have a hot headed, temperamental driver because they're Italian and have that image, but I disagree.

Michael was never hot headed like Montoya was, in fact he was nothing like Montoya. Yes, he was arrogant and aggressive, but he was never as reckless or unconsistant (I dont think he was reckless in that Villeneuve crash) like Montoya, never made many unneccessary misstakes and was always very proffesional, both in testing, races and car setup, and he helped Ferrari make their car better. He was nothing like Montoya. I personaly think that Kimi, maybe even Alonso, is much more like Michael than Montoya.

Ferrari is all about passion. Their choice of drivers reflect that. Montoya is just as arrogant and agressive as Schumacher was in his heyday, but the comparison doesnt end there. Yes, he is also inconsistent, but I dont know if he deserves to carry all the blame for that. There has been more than one occasion that his car has let him down, be it at Williams, his first season especially and a couple of races with McLaren this year. I think you're being biased in your views on Michael, because I think apart from the arrogance, agressiveness, he too had a certain reckless streak, and I strongly beg to differ as regards the Villeneuve incident, which was quite clearly Schumacher's mistake. I dont think Michael is the gentleman he is made out to be. And when you say he was very professional in testing, races and car setup to enabel Ferarri do better. I really dont see why he should be praised for that given that the team was built around him and his needs, with a teammate to play support.

Kimi could be more likened to Mika. And as regards Alonso; its still too early to predict the similarity of his style to any champion. I'll conclude by saying Juan Pablo may not have all of Michael's talent but he has his temperament, one that will make him champion someday. His overall set of skills may not be as refined as those of Schumacher's is at this point of time, but I can assure you, experience is all he needs to even out those rough edges, which played no small part in bringing Michael to the fore, before he joined Ferrari.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005
    Actually Michael's temper in channelled differently that Montoya's. Remember the first seasons with Ferrari, i was pulling my hair out, Horrendous pit staff, engine parts fallin off in the middle of the race. And at the time he was a double champ. I am not sure Montoya has the poise and patience to endure things like that. And if Todt leaves in 06, trust me it will be like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)