The Formula 1 thread - Season 2005 (5 Viewers)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Marion ] ++
I guess i made a mistake
(i would be happy if) Schumacher hit Webber = .. -i'm not Ferrari fan

Yeah. Actually, Webber was in the pits to change the tyre before that and he was a lap down to Michael and a long way from the points, and IMO there was no need to try to unlap himself in such a corner. If he was faster he should have done it in a safer place, possibly the straight.

Tom:
Code:
Driver   	Pts
F Alonso 	95
K Raikkonen 	71
M Schumacher 	55
J Montoya 	40
J Trulli 	39
G Fisichella 	35
R Schumacher 	32
R Barrichello 	31
N Heidfeld 	28
M Webber 	24
J Button 	23
D Coulthard 	21
F Massa 	 8
A Wurz 	         6
Monteiro 	 6
J Villeneuve 	 6
C Klien 	 5
Karthikeyan 	 5
de la Rosa 	 4
C Albers 	 4
Friesacher 	 3
V Liuzzi 	 1
T Sato 	         1

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Cheers, Z man :)

amazing how secure Schumi is in third place, even though he never seems to get particularly high finishes, I think he's having a better year than many people realise.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
But I think it's taking him a lot more than people think to be there.

Just look where Rubens is, thats the real state of Ferrari. Schumacher is getting more out of the car than it can realistically go.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #326
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    But I think it's taking him a lot more than people think to be there.

Just look where Rubens is, thats the real state of Ferrari. Schumacher is getting more out of the car than it can realistically go.
    He always does, this is why he is superior than all other drivers out there.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Exactly, completely agree.

When he first got to Ferrari they were nowhere. He took an uncompetitive car and fought for the title until the last day for 4 years. He played a huge part in making the team what it is, because a good driver isnt simply about being fast and winning races. It's about being able to notice small changes in the car's behaviour and being able to convey that to the mechanics and engineers, working to improve the car, testing, giving input in setups etc. And that, along with his speed, is what makes him the best there is. When he broke his legs in Silverstone, first thing he said when they got him out of the car was "Tell the team to check Irvine's brakes".

This season, Ferrari's overall package is probably 5th, maybe even 6th best. McLaren and Renault have the best packages on the grid, but IMO BAR Honda and perhaps even Toyota or Williams have at least equal if not better cars. Yet, whith an objectivly mediocre middle of the grid car he's 3rd in the drivers championship standings.

Where's Barichello? He's eight, only 3 points infront of Nick, who would have probably overtaken him had it not been for his problems today. Button would also have more points if not for BAR's problems with the disqualification and deduction of points. Thats where the Ferrari drivers should really be, between 8th and 10th, yet Schumacher is 3rd.

Thats what makes him the best driver on the grid, the fact that he is always able to bring the most possible out of the car, and thats why he ran away with the championship on the last few years. Remember, Rubens was never really safe in second place, there was always someone that could endanger him. Schummi was so fast because he is the best.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    Jean Todt once said, that with Eddie Irvine or Barrichello you could never know when testing car setups if times were due to driver error.

But if Schumi dropped a couple milliseconds you'd know the problem was with the car, not Michael.

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
    Aug 12, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
    Jean Todt once said, that with Eddie Irvine or Barrichello you could never know when testing car setups if times were due to driver error.

But if Schumi dropped a couple milliseconds you'd know the problem was with the car, not Michael.
    Agree completely. But in fairness to Barrichello--no one on the grid is MS---no F1 driver ever was/is MS (as the whole package:driver, tech input, fast laps when his rival was in the pits, etc)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    Schumi's so good he's almost mechanical sometimes.

There was a time when he'd been asked by the team to make up 10 seconds within 4 laps and he gave them 13.Needless to say, he won the race.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ...When he broke his legs in Silverstone, first thing he said when they got him out of the car was "Tell the team to check Irvine's brakes"...
    :touched: That's cool.

++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
    Schumi's so good he's almost mechanical sometimes.
    People are always saying that, and I don't disagree, but it always makes me think of all those times I saw him miles out in front, just grinding out another 0.1s onto his lead every single lap. No mistakes, not failures - he could push that car to within a hair of its limits and no further.

I remember a time in Barcelona I think it was a few years ago when he broke the lap record for almost 15 consecutive laps.
    Yeah, like that.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #333
    There is no doubt that the build of any sportsman has a big effect on the performance, and personally I think Schumi's body is perfect for the sport.

Zlatan, I remember that event in Barcelona, it was amazing.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #336
    ++ [ originally posted by Juve_The_Best ] ++
    Damn unlucky Kimi !

It's over.. Fernando is the champion of 2005 season.
    I felt really sorry for Kimi, he tried a lot today but it his bad luck since the beginning of the season continued with him today.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #338
    I know, and that was luck. And the penalty? And the penalites that he got earlier....Alonso was so lucky this season.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Well, considering that he has by far the superior car it shouldnt be hard.

Anyways, latest creative rumours say that Raikonnen and Rossi will drive for Ferrari in 2007, when MS retires.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)