The Financial Situation (22 Viewers)

AriG

Feb 17, 2019
Transfer market Over the last 10 years, the total costs of the teams in Serie A from the 2011-2011 season till now. No team in Serie A has spent as much as Juventus.
Juventus: 1.45 billion euros
Inter: 1.03 billion euros
Rome: 1.01 billion euros
Milan: 922 million euros
Napoli: € 814 million

Well, we spent the $ well?
9 out of 10 Seria A Champions, 2 CL finals while Inda and the rest :lol2::rofl::lol:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
Transfer market Over the last 10 years, the total costs of the teams in Serie A from the 2011-2011 season till now. No team in Serie A has spent as much as Juventus.

Very primitive (don’t want to offend anyone by saying stupid) to look at it

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017

Atalanta
Lazio

ilmetronome

Sep 16, 2020
The stadium sold out most weeks pre-covid and tickets were difficult to get. There will always be a few seats empty because some ticket holders may not be able to attend when the match takes place.

I read an article by the architect who said Juve preferred a stadium where 2k of fans were stuck outside than 10k of empty seats inside. Based on the Delle Alpi it was hard to predict how big to build the new stadium. I think they underestimated the popularity of the stadium though and could have gone slightly bigger. We have been mainly successful over the past 10 years, if we had 5 poor seasons in that time maybe attendances would have been lower, it is hard to tell though.
if we have let's say up to 45k capacity i think it's okay then if the article is true
the additional cost would'nt be much compared to revenue

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
The Empoli game was a good test case. Only 50% of the capacity allowed, but we didn't even come close to selling all available seats. Let's see what the turn out for Milan is going to be. Ticket prices are even more of a joke, so it's another interesting test case.
Well, looks like that game won't come close to "selling out" either. What a surprise!

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
The Juventus Board of Directors approved the draft financial statements and consolidated financial statements for the year ended 30 June 2021 showing a loss of 210M€(Calcio Finanza)
that's some surprising news as the loss was only 190m when the exor report was discussed by the press a couple of weeks ago

i really, really hope that some guys like ramsey, tek, berna and sandro will have an outstanding season and will have offers somehow. we'd need to get rid of most players on high wages. not very likely though. we're probably stuck with tici's overpaid bunch.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Wait, so the revenues went even lower this season and we're again below 500m?
yeah, i was just wondering what could have been behind that drop in revenue. the missing matchday revenue due to a full season behind closed doors isn't the full explanation. 40-something million in the previous season, and 66m in a full season after cr's arrival were our matchday revenues from the previous 2 seasons, and we fully lost that. the revenue from player sales dropped too. i don't remember the exact dates for the sales, but during the previous financial year we sold can, portanova, cancelo and kean iirc, so that's some 125-130 millions too, while during this recent financial year we only sold pjanic and romero (75m). missing matchday revenue and quiet player sales will explain most of the difference.

Mar 3, 2014
The large drop in revenues is a bit complicated - yes part of it was due to match day revenues those fell from €49M to €7M. Usually those are €70M+. But those are mostly offset by the fact that we played more games last year in the late summer, which is basically a wash…

So why did revenues crater? Capital gains. We had €172M in capital gains related to player sales = aka = fake revenue.

We plugged the losses related to Ronaldo even pre-pandemic with just a ton of sales designed to prop up profit. It’s one of the reasons why our depreciation expense is also so high (player swaps). While the loss is ugly, the cash flow situation is better. And net debt (debt less cash) was actually better year over year and while most of that was due to them selling receivables owed from teams for cash up front, the cash flow situation is much better than the accounting profit situation. And guess what? Without FFP, accounting profit is much less important because due to all the crap we did to prop it up, it’s a garbage number that hardly reflects the financial situation at the club. What I learned from reading the release:
- commercial revenue continues to steadily grow. It was up €16M
- Exor fronted €75M of the €400M on August 27 (makes you wonder if that was in reaction to Ronaldo leaving - allowing for potential late market opportunities)
- they expect a loss next year - which isn’t surprising given the massive amortization expenses they still have.
- they expect a cash flow deficit - that means they’re going to be investing based off their current levels of cash profit.
- they expect 2022/2023 to be when accounting profits will start to improve big time.

I still believe 2022’s summer will be one of heavy investment. I know a lot of Twitter accounts are obsessed with the “losses” but a lot of these charges are non-cash meaning that the situation is better than it looks.

My forecast for next year is:
Revenues that will be slightly up. They won’t be a lot higher because last year had a bunch of late summer games that increased TV revenues. I would expect mid €440-450M + whatever capital gains they realize on players sales but I ignore that because it’s fake revenue. I would expect the wages to be significantly down…probably from €298M to about €250M. I expect operating profit before player amortization to improve from €-12M to €30M. Given that the Juventus is guiding to a cash flow deficit this year, I can only assume they’re planning to invest…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)