The Financial Situation (50 Viewers)

TueF

Jun 4, 2003
they don't. that's point. who cares if it looks empty as long as club get paid. we are ages behind in terms of revenue as we are playing in smallest stadium as if we are penalized for something.
That’s simply not true.

Match day revenue in 2019 (pre-Covid) was €71m. Milan was 34m, Inter 47m.

Man Utd was 111m, Man City 55m (!!), PSG 116m, Barcelona 159m, Real 145m.

Broadcasting and commercial revenue are vastly more important than the size of the stadium. Not to mention that it hasn’t been paid off yet and you want to expand it or build another? That’s just idiotic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 2, 2006
i don't expect them to build a new stadium. they just made a huge mistake making it big as a lego. if making 40 - 60 million € less per year because of that mistake doesn't bother you, losing quality players to these teams shouldn't bother as well.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Do you think season ticket holders get their money back for not showing up or what?
they don't. that's point. who cares if it looks empty as long as club get paid. we are ages behind in terms of revenue as we are playing in smallest stadium as if we are penalized for something.
=>

You really don't have a clue, do you?

Fyi: Season ticket holders can sell their place for games they don't want to attend, through the official ticketing system. They will not get full price, of course, but their tickets are added to the ones on general sale. And if their place doesn't get sold, they won't get anything, but that goes without saying.
(For this season, they didn't sell season tickets obviously, so currently there's no such option.)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Fyi: Season ticket holders can sell their place for games they don't want to attend, through the official ticketing system.
yeah, not an option everybody knows about, especially not those who never or rarely attend matches. i have a buddy who's a season ticket holder since the new system has been established along with the new stadium, and the ticket cost him next to nothing this way. he lives in hungary, visits 1-2 matches per season, sells his place for all other occasions.

btw official attendance numbers only consider those who effectively attended the matches. and we had seasons with average attendances of well over 90%. turk is somehow right about the stadium being small, but nobody could have predicted that a team with an average attendance of ~20k after calciopoli could easily fill a 40k stadium on a weekly basis.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
btw official attendance numbers only consider those who effectively attended the matches. and we had seasons with average attendances of well over 90%. turk is somehow right about the stadium being small, but nobody could have predicted that a team with an average attendance of ~20k after calciopoli could easily fill a 40k stadium on a weekly basis.
Yup, even if attendance numbers had been dropping the last 2 seasons before COVID. But that's obviously due to the insane prices they're charging. I don't think there's a lot less interest, in general.

I really am wondering what they're going to do when/if full capacity is allowed again. I expect a pretty serious drop in prices. If not, we just may be back to average attendances of about 20k.
The Empoli game was a good test case. Only 50% of the capacity allowed, but we didn't even come close to selling all available seats. Let's see what the turn out for Milan is going to be. Ticket prices are even more of a joke, so it's another interesting test case.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Yup, even if attendance numbers had been dropping the last 2 seasons before COVID. But that's obviously due to the insane prices they're charging. I don't think there's a lot less interest, in general.

I really am wondering what they're going to do when/if full capacity is allowed again. I expect a pretty serious drop in prices. If not, we just may be back to average attendances of about 20k.
The Empoli game was a good test case. Only 50% of the capacity allowed, but we didn't even come close to selling all available seats. Let's see what the turn out for Milan is going to be. Ticket prices are even more of a joke, so it's another interesting test case.
bad thing is that international travels aren't back to normal at all. the local fan clubs (i know two of them) used to bring dozens of people to the stadium for every match, be it weekend or mid-week, afternoon or evening, coppa or cl. they basically ran two travel agencies. they all but stopped organizing trips due to covid, even now when some of the restrictions are lifted. international fans will return, and they don't really care about money. if hungarians can afford 2-3 matches per seasons with the profit margin of the organizers, imagine those from a wealthier country.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Ticket prices increased by 30% after Ronaldo was signed, besides that Agnelli had some problems with the ultra's, banning banners and stuff. That made the visitors drop.
Fyi: it's more than 30%

bad thing is that international travels aren't back to normal at all. the local fan clubs (i know two of them) used to bring dozens of people to the stadium for every match, be it weekend or mid-week, afternoon or evening, coppa or cl. they basically ran two travel agencies. they all but stopped organizing trips due to covid, even now when some of the restrictions are lifted. international fans will return, and they don't really care about money. if hungarians can afford 2-3 matches per seasons with the profit margin of the organizers, imagine those from a wealthier country.
While all that is true, you can't fill an entire stadium with only international fans/tourists. Not even close to half of it, for that matter, so you need the locals as well. And I keep hearing more & more people saying that they have stopped going.
Hell, how many sold out games did we have in the last 2 seasons before COVID? Not a single one in the last season, if I'm not mistaken. (And 1 or 2 the year before? I'm not sure.)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Hell, how many sold out games did we have in the last 2 seasons before COVID? Not a single one in the last season, if I'm not mistaken. (And 1 or 2 the year before? I'm not sure.)
average attendance was still high, even higher than some seasons before with more sold out matches. >39k average for a 40k stadium is impressive, regardless of the number of the sold out nights (which dropped way before cr arrived; might be some change in the methodology or reporting, not that it matters at all)

1631173596180.png

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
average attendance was still high, even higher than some seasons before with more sold out matches. >39k average for a 40k stadium is impressive, regardless of the number of the sold out nights (which dropped way before cr arrived; might be some change in the methodology or reporting, not that it matters at all)

1631173596180.png

Of course, attendances weren't bad. That goes without saying.

For what it's worth: stadium capacity is 41 507. (I don't remember if the away section's capacity is 1000 or 1500.)
(Also, capacity was increased slightly after the 12/13 season, so the first 2 seasons had a lower max.)

ilmetronome

Sep 16, 2020
I know that fans want bigger stadium compared to other european giant. But to built something you hve to consider revenue vs cost.
I think it's well calculated because in 10 years our own stadium barely got full capacity.
Bigger stadium means bigger maintenance cost.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Transfer market Over the last 10 years, the total costs of the teams in Serie A from the 2011-2011 season till now. No team in Serie A has spent as much as Juventus.
Juventus: 1.45 billion euros
Inter: 1.03 billion euros
Rome: 1.01 billion euros
Milan: 922 million euros
Napoli: € 814 million

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I know that fans want bigger stadium compared to other european giant. But to built something you hve to consider revenue vs cost.
I think it's well calculated because in 10 years our own stadium barely got full capacity.
Bigger stadium means bigger maintenance cost.
The stadium sold out most weeks pre-covid and tickets were difficult to get. There will always be a few seats empty because some ticket holders may not be able to attend when the match takes place.

I read an article by the architect who said Juve preferred a stadium where 2k of fans were stuck outside than 10k of empty seats inside. Based on the Delle Alpi it was hard to predict how big to build the new stadium. I think they underestimated the popularity of the stadium though and could have gone slightly bigger. We have been mainly successful over the past 10 years, if we had 5 poor seasons in that time maybe attendances would have been lower, it is hard to tell though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)