The Financial Situation (49 Viewers)

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Hello, analysts.

I'm reading the annual report and the biggest source of revenue, apparently, is Players' registration rights. What on earth is this??? What exactly is the revenue stream from having a bunch of signed contracts? Could this be revenue from sale of shirts?
EDIT: Found it in the notes. It's capital gains. Amounts to 172m for 19/20.
It's capital gains from asset disposal, shouldn't be classified as revenue (in the future atleast). Deloitte Football Money League always excludes it when they do the club-wise revenue comparison

IFRIC quoted paragraph 113 of IAS 38, which states: ‘The gain or loss arising from the derecognition of an intangible asset shall be determined as the difference between the net disposal proceeds if any and the carrying amount of the asset. It shall be recognised in profit or loss when the asset is derecognised… Gains shall not be classified as revenue.’

IFRIC decided that as the payment had been made in respect of extinguishing the registration right, it represented compensation for disposing of an intangible asset. Therefore neither the proceeds nor the gain on disposal could be recognised within revenue by applying IFRS 15.
https://cdn.ifrs.org/-/media/projec...ts/ias38-player-transfer-payments-june-20.pdf

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Jun 16, 2020
Gracias

Will read this tonight
Im quite happy with the report. Nothing shocking and only losses due to this covid situation.

Hopefully next summer there’s more room to breathe and hopefully we’ll be able to sell the deadwood. Also reaching the QF or semi-finals in CL is important.

Im still waiting for the new tv deal, hopefully some news soon.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
agnelli quoted by athletic on corona effects:
https://theathletic.com/news/juventus-agnelli-coranavirus-football-losses/nVdvqQx6nO0K

Juventus chief predicts up to €8.5bn losses for European football due to COVID
2021. január 27.Updated 10:58 CET

nVdvqQx6nO0K_Gnn0xCcN8N6K_1440x960.jpg

Juventus chairman Andrea Agnelli has warned European football might lose up to €8.5 billion due to the COVID-19 crisis, reports James Horncastle.

The pandemic has, barring brief periods, seen football played in empty stadiums across the continent since March 2020.

Speaking at the News Tank Football seminar on Wednesday, Agnelli painted a grim picture of the state of club finances across Europe.
What did Agnelli say?
He said: “My firm opinion that we will have a real understanding of what this crisis has meant for clubs only at the end of the season.

“I have seen the Deloitte study that came out yesterday. I was looking at data for the top 20 clubs whereby we had a €1.1 billion hit in the 19-20 season and the estimate for those 20 clubs alone is a €2 billion hit for the combined two years.

“I think it's going to be much worse than that. The 2019-20 season only has three or four months of crisis, of empty stadiums, no fans of stadiums, commercial rebates, broadcasting rebates, whilst as it seems right now from my point of observation 2020-21 will be a full season without fans in stadiums.

“We are in the middle of (broadcast) tenders. Some have been out, the Germans have been out, they've had a loss of value 10 per cent. We are seeing international broadcasters not paying their dues.

“And so I think this season will be much worse. So I mean, it's gonna be much worse than what we've seen there.

“When I look at the best information I've had so far, we're looking at a bottom-line loss for the industry in the region of €6.5 billion to €8.5 billion for the combined two years, and about 360 clubs in need for cash injections, whether it's debt or equity within those two years, for an amount of €6 billion.”
What did Deloitte predict?
The professional services firm predicted that the top 20 richest clubs in the world will lose out on over €2 billion by the end of the current season.

This revenue decline — 12 per cent — is largely due to the impact of COVID-19 on clubs’ finances with most around Europe set to play over a season of football without fans in stadiums.
What else did Agnelli say?
The 45-year-old also spoke favourably about the ‘Swiss system’ — which has been mooted as a possible new format to be used in the Champions League from 2024. It would see more games played between Europe’s elite clubs.

The Swiss system would have all 32 or 36 qualifying clubs in a single division, where each would play 10 matches against teams of varying strength according to seeding. The top 16 would qualify for the knockouts, where ties would be played much the same way as American playoffs — first would play 16th, second would play 15th and so on.

Agnelli cited the 1826 games played in Europe’s top five leagues compared to only 125 played in the Champions League as a flaw in the current system that means clubs are not maximising their potential revenue streams.

He also noted that the “great” Swiss system would help reignite interest in football and keep the sport ahead of its competitors.

He added: "I think what's dear to our hearts at the moment is mostly the governance of the entire system, that that is what we should be looking at most. And when I talk about the governance of the system, it's the governance and the right management system.

"And that is to create a better balance within the existing stakeholders in which clubs and national team football align, sharing objectives, we can talk about the sporting matters of competitions, whereby we as the ECA, evidently, we're looking at a quality versus quantity kind of approach.

"Just to give you an example, talking about the most viewed games in Europe, we take the top five leagues, we play one 1826 games every year in the top five leagues, versus only 125 in Champions League alone.

"We can look at the governance aspect in terms of financial management, and that is we've always had a profit and loss approach. So we're looking at total turnover we're looking across, we want to really focus on balance sheet management and value creation. I can give you some examples there.

"A revision of the transfer system, a collective bargaining agreement with the player that will leave us with the tools in order to operate in a moment of crisis."

Jun 16, 2020
From C&F:

Il Fatto Quotidiano has revealed the details of the contract that will be signed by Serie A, which will give life to a Media Company, which will bring together the marketing of TV rights, the management of commercial contracts, marketing and merchandising, everything that generates business.

90% will remain with the Lega, 10% will be sold to Salieri Investimenti: Spa based in Milan divided between the three funds, Cvc (50%), Advent (40%) and Fsi (10%, there is also Cassa deposits and loans). The deal - as is known - is worth 1.7 billion, for a partnership at least until 2026, then the partner will be able to stay, sell or go public.

As for the distribution of resources, at the beginning the funds will pay an entry fee of 250 million, with the bulk coming later: 1.4 billion non-repayable in six tranches, 350 million in 2021-2023, 117 million in 2024-2026.

In practice, between the entrance fee and the annual fee, the clubs should have immediately available 600 million euros, even if the League's plans foresee to distribute 250 million a year to the teams, with 400 million (Covid bonus) in 2021. using the criteria of the Melandri law: the big winners and the others survive.

However, the additional 1.2 billion credit line is in doubt: the clubs should have guaranteed jointly, but they do not trust each other. In exchange, the partner will receive 10% of future revenues from TV rights: considering that they are worth over a billion per season, we are talking about at least 100 million a year

Jun 16, 2020
According to the latest reports, the Lega Serie A clubs were unable to agree on introducing funds and a media company because of finances and archive footage.
A vote was again postponed during today’s Lega Serie A meeting, so will be discussed in next Thursday’s summit instead.
According to Calcio e Finanza, there are two main issues holding up the vote on whether to introduce outside funds to Italian football for the first time and the creation of a media company to deal with their image and television rights.
The first problem is waiting to see what the offers are for national broadcast rights to Serie A for the 2021-24 era, which are due to start discussion in earnest from tomorrow.
The other larger concern is who will have ownership and rights over archive footage.
This could be a huge problem going forward, not just for the creation of clips used on social media, but also potential Amazon-style documentaries.
The clubs want guarantees that they will be able to profit from the footage without needing to pay extra to the media company.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that this is some bullshit rumor

Jun 16, 2020
Andrea Agnelli and Urbano Cairo are satisfied with the new deal for the broadcast of Serie A games. Digital broadcast DAZN are reportedly close to securing the domestic rights for the 2021 to 2024 cycle.
Several reports claim DAZN have made an €850m bid for the latest rights tender, bettering the offer from Sky Italia by €100m.
The Lega Serie A is expected to confirm the agreement on Thursday with the sport streaming service ready to broadcast seven out of 10 Serie A games each weekend, starting next season.
“We’ve got an excellent result. No other league has been able to negotiate at this level. We must be really careful not to miss out on these figures,” Andrea Agnelli told Il Corriere della Sera.
Torino President Urbano Cairo seems satisfied too.
“I think we’ve all done a good job, the offer from DAZN looked at carefully.
“The general assembly has the final say but it should be highlighted that if there is a fall in the value of TV rights worldwide, Italian football is proving itself to be on an upward trajectory, displaying an interest that other leagues have lost".

We rich? @s4tch

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Andrea Agnelli and Urbano Cairo are satisfied with the new deal for the broadcast of Serie A games. Digital broadcast DAZN are reportedly close to securing the domestic rights for the 2021 to 2024 cycle.
Several reports claim DAZN have made an €850m bid for the latest rights tender, bettering the offer from Sky Italia by €100m.
The Lega Serie A is expected to confirm the agreement on Thursday with the sport streaming service ready to broadcast seven out of 10 Serie A games each weekend, starting next season.
“We’ve got an excellent result. No other league has been able to negotiate at this level. We must be really careful not to miss out on these figures,” Andrea Agnelli told Il Corriere della Sera.
Torino President Urbano Cairo seems satisfied too.
“I think we’ve all done a good job, the offer from DAZN looked at carefully.
“The general assembly has the final say but it should be highlighted that if there is a fall in the value of TV rights worldwide, Italian football is proving itself to be on an upward trajectory, displaying an interest that other leagues have lost".

We rich? @s4tch
no we're simply not losing 30-40% of tv money unlike Ligue 1 just did. Getting 50% to get some money from Canal+

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 7, Guests: 39)