The Financial Situation (8 Viewers)

Oct 23, 2011
I'm sure COVID negatively impacted our finances, but if we are operating at such a thin line that a $70mm loss forces us to sell a big player, then the Ronaldo transfer was real a travesty from a financial point of view. Having said that, GDS is reporting that we need to sell either Dybala or Ronaldo but according to them Inter already found penthouse for Messi in the middle of the city. They make it sound as if we are the only team facing financial difficulties due to the pandemic.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
I'm sure COVID negatively impacted our finances, but if we are operating at such a thin line that a $70mm loss forces us to sell a big player, then the Ronaldo transfer was real a travesty from a financial point of view. Having said that, GDS is reporting that we need to sell either Dybala or Ronaldo but according to them Inter already found penthouse for Messi in the middle of the city. They make it sound as if we are the only team facing financial difficulties due to the pandemic.
GDS started shovelling shit on Juve again as soon as we won our second Scudetto in this current series. They try to rock the boat with anything they can.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Kind of read this every year...we never seem to be in a position to buy significant players without having to sell according to media. True or not....i just think we are a selling club. Whether finances are adequate or not if a big offer comes we take it. How we managed to keep Del Piero for all those years is beyond me.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Kind of read this every year...we never seem to be in a position to buy significant players without having to sell according to media. True or not....i just think we are a selling club. Whether finances are adequate or not if a big offer comes we take it. How we managed to keep Del Piero for all those years is beyond me.
The media knows nothing

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
We raised 300m in equity. There's money out there or someone is doing monkey business.... now, I wouldn't go out saying I have money as wel, in a Post Covid market, we should play the saving card and only move if there's big opportunities

Jun 16, 2020
Calcio e finanza released a incredible long article about our finances. Too much to translate (and a bit hard to understand, I’m no financial guru), and a lot of red flags.

Positives: debt decreased because of the capital increase, new contracts with Jeep and Adidas came at the right time. Because of plusvalenze and the wages that we didn’t paid during the crisis, we can expect a ‘break even’ for 19/20. The debt that we have is sustainable.

Negatives: the crisis will cost a lot. We still need to pay the salaries and our operating costs are wayyyy to high. We need to sell asap. Pirlo seems like a financial choice, Ronaldo weights heavy and I wouldn’t be surprised if we sacrifice a big player in the summer of 2021 if we have disappointing sells this year.

Apparently there are some tricks that we can use, don’t account the tv money for this year, effectively making a loss and put the money in the books for next year. Or ask Exorr to sell some of their shares and invest that money in the club (apparently City did that). But the wages that we didnt pay in 19/20, we have to pay in 20/21, meanwhile receiving less money from selling tickets, apparently less tv money, etc.

Overal a De Ligt or Ronaldo is unthinkable this year. We got really lucky with the new contracts and capital increase, situation seems sustainable, but things need to drastically change.

Have to say tho that they don’t talk about “getting 10m for De Sciglio, 30m for Costa, 20m for Bernardeschi”, as they say that those players have to be replaced.

And there’s a new tv deal from 2021 and onwards in the making, something we shouldn’t forget and that also could be really important of course. And you never know what’s in the making in the background, as we’re adding some sponsors every year.

For now, let’s hope stadiums will hopen soon and that we have good sells. Getting far in CL is very important. My guess: we will sign some players on a loan (maybe 2 years loan) to spread the costs.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Calcio e finanza released a incredible long article about our finances. Too much to translate (and a bit hard to understand, I’m no financial guru), and a lot of red flags.

Positives: debt decreased because of the capital increase, new contracts with Jeep and Adidas came at the right time. Because of plusvalenze and the wages that we didn’t paid during the crisis, we can expect a ‘break even’ for 19/20. The debt that we have is sustainable.

Negatives: the crisis will cost a lot. We still need to pay the salaries and our operating costs are wayyyy to high. We need to sell asap. Pirlo seems like a financial choice, Ronaldo weights heavy and I wouldn’t be surprised if we sacrifice a big player in the summer of 2021 if we have disappointing sells this year.

Apparently there are some tricks that we can use, don’t account the tv money for this year, effectively making a loss and put the money in the books for next year. Or ask Exorr to sell some of their shares and invest that money in the club (apparently City did that). But the wages that we didnt pay in 19/20, we have to pay in 20/21, meanwhile receiving less money from selling tickets, apparently less tv money, etc.

Overal a De Ligt or Ronaldo is unthinkable this year. We got really lucky with the new contracts and capital increase, situation seems sustainable, but things need to drastically change.

Have to say tho that they don’t talk about “getting 10m for De Sciglio, 30m for Costa, 20m for Bernardeschi”, as they say that those players have to be replaced.

And there’s a new tv deal from 2021 and onwards in the making, something we shouldn’t forget and that also could be really important of course. And you never know what’s in the making in the background, as we’re adding some sponsors every year.

For now, let’s hope stadiums will hopen soon and that we have good sells. Getting far in CL is very important. My guess: we will sign some players on a loan (maybe 2 years loan) to spread the costs.
Dude stadiums won't open.
Juventus didn't even start to talk about season tickets or anything.

There are rumors about 25% capacity for next season... but just rumors for the moment

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
https://www.calcioefinanza.it/2020/08/17/budget-mercato-juventus/

Summary of the financial situation at Juve (translated from the following
very detailed
@CalcioFinanza
article: https://calcioefinanza.it/2020/08/17/budget-mercato-juventus/…) that will definitely give you more hints about what we should expect in the coming years.

Juventus is not in dramatic conditions (despite Covid emergency) because it has a financial solidity built thanks to the latest capital increase (concluded just in time before the pandemic).However,it has a cost structure with an inertial tendency to absorb large amounts of cash.

This business organization will not be able to be easily carried out in the current perspectives. The Covid epidemic will produce structural and lasting effects on turnover, having already triggered a repricing of the prices of players.

Pirlo’s engagement is a clear signal of a change. It is difficult to continue the path of pharaonic investments, such as Ronaldo and De Ligt, but it is difficult to think that it will also be possible to maintain a list of players as expensive as the current ones for a long time.

To achieve the goal of bringing management back to sustainability, Pirlo's choice allows for the launch of a technical project aimed at enhancing young people, seeking the growth of players who can then be monetized on the market.

This does not mean that Juventus will no longer be competitive, especially on the national scene. Even if the competition is fierce, the Juventus team remains highly competitive for the Scudetto.

It means then that we will probably have a more balanced championship. Also in Europe technical projects built with less use of financial means (Atalanta, Leipzig, Lyon but in the past also Ajax) show that any goal is not impossible.

It is however not difficult to realize that all the last 15 editions of the Champions League have been won by clubs that were stationed in the top ten of the Money League and giving up the champions could prove to be a boomerang that would end up penalizing the turnover.

n this the club is certainly penalized by the low attractiveness of Serie A compared to other major European leagues. Covid could reshuffle the cards, for example by penalizing the Premier League and La Liga which have made pharaonic investments a cultural model.

But the economic imbalance of the Italian football system, with a general business model poorly equipped to intercept revenues in a global market, does not seem to be a prelude to the possibility of bridging the gap.

However, the alternative of maintaining the status quo is not feasible, because Juventus does not have a shareholder with unlimited resources (such as City or PSG) and not even a widespread governance structure like Barcelona and Real Madrid.

It must necessarily place value at the center of the project but, to do so, it can no longer follow the path of asset value growth. The income statement will have to return to central and with it the control of the cash.

@Dru

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)