The Financial Situation (22 Viewers)

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Look at Barca's stadium and commercial revenue.

Without Messi and no fans, that comes down significantly.

I read a stat which says 70% of the Barca jerseys sold worldwide are Messi's. It explains why despite him burdening their wage bill, they are desperate to hang on to him for the commercial benefits that he brings.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015

I read a stat which says 70% of the Barca jerseys sold worldwide are Messi's. It explains why despite him burdening their wage bill, they are desperate to hang on to him for the commercial benefits that he brings.
And yet you found some "journalist" saying Messi is in debt with Farca. I'm not taking anyone side but it's pretty clear that statement is pretty idiotic

Jun 16, 2020

Sells from jerseys are really a small part of the commercial revenues if I’m not mistaken.

Premier League clubs, Barca and Real Madrid have a big advantage in domestic tv revenue. PL clubs for that insane deal obviously, and in La Liga there is no (or at least a lot less) ‘fair share’ between clubs, meaning that both Real and Barca get significantly more than all the other clubs, where the money in Serie A is shared more equally. That’s the first advantage.

There’s also the gap between Barca and Real in club coefficients, meaning they get more money from the CL based on performances last 10 years.

And the way those clubs have positioned themselves post-Calciopoli, during times that foreign (non-EU) investors invested a lot in Europe is paying off, Serie A has killed itself and was sleeping after that, we became a sleeping giant where other leagues and clubs are more modern structured, reaching a very big audience all around this world.

Those stadium revenues are also insanely different. So hard for us to keep up. We want to surpass them and that’s the exact reason why the board made unpopular choices like changing our logo and selling the stadium name.

I should take some time to study Bayern, if I’m not mistaken they have great commercial revenues aswel.

Hopefully good times wil come with the new tax rules and the new Serie A tv deal. And we invested a lot to sell our own merchandise, the hotel etc, curious when those things will really pay off.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
It's not just jersey sales I'm referring to. Its the overall visibility of the club and Messi plays a big part in ensuring that. Even this washed up Barca is probably the most popular football team among fans. That's how strong Messi's commercial appeal is.

Our commercial revenue significantly rose once we signed Ronaldo.

Now if Barca lose Messi and subsequently, fail to achieve sporting objectives, that's going to hold a significant bearing on their sponsorships.

But having said that, with the money and the revenues they've generated over the past decade, it would be hard to keep them down for too long.

Jun 16, 2020
It's not just jersey sales I'm referring to. Its the overall visibility of the club and Messi plays a big part in ensuring that. Even this washed up Barca is probably the most popular football team among fans. That's how strong Messi's commercial appeal is.

Our commercial revenue significantly rose once we signed Ronaldo.

Now if Barca lose Messi and subsequently, fail to achieve sporting objectives, that's going to hold a significant bearing on their sponsorships.

But having said that, with the money and the revenues they've generated over the past decade, it would be hard to keep them down for too long.
Ah sorry, I misunderstood you in that case.

It would be a massive blow for them indeed.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Stadium wil reopen for the first match. Not yet clear for how many fans, but good news.
It will still be a bleeding wound.

They might get creative with the ATP and use the social distancing and limited capacity measures to their advantage to falsely create scarcity. Firms typically do that to generate false demand. However, they won't come close to stop the bleeding unfortunately.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Aggregate loss of ~€42M over a 3 year period.

Borderline in terms of FFP but shouldn't matter this season obviously.

Some plusvalenza this mercato and getting rid of the big wages would certainly help in cutting down the costs tho

Beki

Jul 9, 2012
Aggregate loss of ~€42M over a 3 year period.

Borderline in terms of FFP but shouldn't matter this season obviously.

Some plusvalenza this mercato and getting rid of the big wages would certainly help in cutting down the costs tho
Hmm, there is some kind of change in FFP rules for this year, right? I mean, how they will see it.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Those don't seem that bad considering the circumstances. There was always going to be some loss because of the spending on personnel and salaries these past two seasons.
Yeah.
It's obviously not sustainable in the long run, but it's better than I would have expected.

Didn't Agnelli say we had lost €70m because of lockdown?
But that seems like an extreme exaggeration. I don't see how it possibly could have been a break-even without the pandemic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)