The Financial Situation (24 Viewers)

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
It's a nice increase in terms of Serie A but it just doesn't compare to the EPL which is about 6 times more at €7b from next yr.
La Liga's new Tv deal will also be higher than Serie A at €2b apparently.
Forget about the EPL, they are out of our reach in financial terms and have been for years. Absolutely no point worrying about what they get.

Our obvious direct rivals are from La Liga and Bundesliga, now lets hope we can start increasing our commercial revenue as well soon.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I worry about what they get because I believe wages now will go off the roof with all the money.
A year ago I wasn't worrying much about keeping our stars but I might get seriously worried in the upcoming years.
Top teams are simply going to set a higher wage cap so they can lure the best players.
There might be a lot of arrogant twats on that Arsenal forum but they might be speaking something which could be closer to reality.Imagine losing your best players to Arsenal..That could actually become reality...
Our numbers are good for Serie A level but I'm struggling to think how we gonna put up with the big clubs...Even the shirt sponsorship deals are getting 2x-3x higher for epl and other big clubs..
This is why I'm very realistic about our future..That is , I don't expect us to compete for the CL again anytime soon.
Though, I'm looking forward to see how this management will combat these obvious obstacles in sight.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
The money shared between the EPL clubs more equaly,not like other leagues,but yeah,it still means TOP EPL clubs we'll get over 200M euro a year.
while we'll get 110-120M....
bottom table epl clubs we'll have our numbers.

Barca and Real are on 140M-150M even with the new deal.(they were actually supposed to have less,but they found out an agreement for not HURTING Barca and Real,the rest will get much much lesser...)
Ligue 1 way below Serie A even with their new deal (700M~)
BUndesliga have not signed a new one yet.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I worry about what they get because I believe wages now will go off the roof with all the money.
A year ago I wasn't worrying much about keeping our stars but I might get seriously worried in the upcoming years.
Top teams are simply going to set a higher wage cap so they can lure the best players.
There might be a lot of arrogant twats on that Arsenal forum but they might be speaking something which could be closer to reality.Imagine losing your best players to Arsenal..That could actually become reality...
Our numbers are good for Serie A level but I'm struggling to think how we gonna put up with the big clubs...Even the shirt sponsorship deals are getting 2x-3x higher for epl and other big clubs..
This is why I'm very realistic about our future..That is , I don't expect us to compete for the CL again anytime soon.
Though, I'm looking forward to see how this management will combat these obvious obstacles in sight.
More money just means theres a chance they will overpay (in transfer fees and wages) for mediocre players. You worry too much about things that are out of our control anyway, EPL clubs have been outspending Serie A clubs for years, its hardly a new thing. We'll be fine.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It's a slight improvement, but completely disproportionate. Palermo get 1/3 of the revenue Juve receive, yet have 1/10 the number of fans. Carpi get 1/5 and the entire city consists of 70,000 people.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
It's a slight improvement, but completely disproportionate. Palermo get 1/3 of the revenue Juve receive, yet have 1/10 the number of fans. Carpi get 1/5 and the entire city consists of 70,000 people.
Again it's the collective deal bullish that we have agreed to is what's hurting us most.

Our only chance was doing what Real and Barca had been doing for years and negotiating our TV rights ourselves. We'd have a chance to catch up with the top 5-6 EPL clubs, but right now we can't even get close to these teams financially.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
More money just means theres a chance they will overpay (in transfer fees and wages) for mediocre players. You worry too much about things that are out of our control anyway, EPL clubs have been outspending Serie A clubs for years, its hardly a new thing. We'll be fine.
:agree:

Things will continue as before - English clubs will overpay among themselves and will overpay by more when dealing with clubs outside of Europe. Exactly as it is now.

- - - Updated - - -

Like when sellers demand high fees from clubs who have just made a big sale. In fact it's the exact same scenario.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
:tup: it is almost exactly the same.

And he fails to mention that this new deal of theirs just doesn't affect us - obviously the Spanish and German clubs who are also in direct competition with the EPL will "feel the pinch" so to speak.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009

And he fails to mention that this new deal of theirs just doesn't affect us - obviously the Spanish and German clubs who are also in direct competition with the EPL will "feel the pinch" so to speak.
Things are definitely not the same they were before the financial gap appeared between the EPL and Serie A and it wont be the same when that gap grows even larger with this insane rule. We do not have the wallets to compete in the transfer market over ready made stars and the more english clubs can do that the worse our situation is. Juve's project has been exceptionally successful but Juve is not Serie A. Consider the rest of the Serie A teams and how they have been broke for so long. We built a winning team out of nothing but its not easy for every italian club to do the same.

This new deal is bad news for every league that is not the EPL. When do the other leagues renegotiate their deals?

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
that's exactly why we need Milan as our rival and not Inter for a stronger Serie A

Inter is a joke, hope Berlusconi leaves soon so Milan can recover
We're long past that. Our rivals in general aren't Milan and Inter anymore, but Real, Barcelona and Bayern.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012

Yes, it will affect clubs like Atlético, Dortmund, Valencia, Schalke etc , not the ones that are already big like Bayern, Barça, Madrid, PSG etc.
Bayern just signed a new Adidas deal worth €65m a year.
Barça and Madrid's next deals are going to be insane.Both clubs are also going to get insane money from naming rights of their stadiums in the vicinity of €150m.PSG are funded by the Qatari's and they no more have FFP going against them.These clubs will remain big, it's not going to affect them one bit.
I really wouldn't say it would stay the same.One thing's for sure , this gonna be a huge challenge for us.We are even more dependent now than ever on consistently good CL performances to enhance our brand.Thats probably how we gonna attract larger sponsorship deals as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)