The Financial Situation (12 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
According to Footballitalia, he's been a regular at their stadium for years.

It doesn't matter anyway, I was just curious. No wonder though that piece of shit Della Vale suddenly grew a pair of balls.
Yeah he's always there.

Della Vale is doing his usual socio-democrat voice of the Italians routine, it's the only gig he has, to try to turn the average working Italian against the Agnelli family. What John Elkann said was true and has been for some years, even people outside of Italy know, that a portion of Italians in the under 35 generation are content to stay at home and not work.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Yeah he's always there.

Della Vale is doing his usual socio-democrat voice of the Italians routine, it's the only gig he has, to try to turn the average working Italian against the Agnelli family. What John Elkann said was true and has been for some years, even people outside of Italy know, that a portion of Italians in the under 35 generation are content to stay at home and not work.
I agree, its not what he said though, its how he said it. Publicly calling Elkann an imbecile? That's the work of a disgusting prick right there.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Yes, Fiat-Chrysler will be ran from the Netherlands as a holding company, registered in London, on the NY stock exchange, but doesn't affect jobs in Turin or elsewhere. I don't think it'll create any loss of interested in Juve or identity with Turin.

Joga Bonito

Jul 28, 2010
Yes, Fiat-Chrysler will be ran from the Netherlands as a holding company, registered in London, on the NY stock exchange, but doesn't affect jobs in Turin or elsewhere. I don't think it'll create any loss of interested in Juve or identity with Turin.
Sounds good mate! I was worried that Turin would loose many joobs, less local firem ect. and it would hurt Juve.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Yeah he's always there.

Why would they not want to work?

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
I completely agree with Elkann. Huge group of young people prefer to sit their asses next to their mamas and papas than work for making a living. They are fed and sheltered by their parents. What's more, many of them even gets money for parties and stuff like this. They don't want to work because they are spoiled as hell and find it disrespectful to be offered less prestigious jobs at the begining of their careers. Fucking disgrace.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
I completely agree with Elkann. Huge group of young people prefer to sit their asses next to their mamas and papas than work for making a living. They are fed and sheltered by their parents. What's more, many of them even gets money for parties and stuff like this. They don't want to work because they are spoiled as hell and find it disrespectful to be offered less prestigious jobs at the begining of their careers. Fucking disgrace.
You find people like this in every country, I know plenty of them myself. People in their mid-20s who have never really held a real job in their lives & aren't even looking to try. So yeah, he's definitely right. Though I think at the same time it's also discouraging to young people to hear a person from a family with a lot of money & prestige say that.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
That's an undifferentiated view. I don't know how it's in Italy, but curling children is a growing tendency here, but that doesn't mean they don't want to work.

An Italian superintendent said this :

"The kids we got in Villamarina 5-6 years ago, they were structural different from those we get now. Today, they are good with computers and mobile phones, but psychological speaking they're much weaker; e.g. they don't like to write with a pencil. They think they know everything, but in fact, they don't know much." - Giampietro Lippi

Edit: Oh, he said this in 1998 :lol:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
what ever happened to that Mutu stories??? apparentlly we had to pay Chelsea 21M if I'm correct? if we end up paying that it couzld greatly influence our summer mercato...

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Think it's awaiting an appeal.

And I believe Juve said they had alread set aside money to cover any potential liability so having to pay up wouldn't impact on future budgets.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
http://www.afr.com/p/lifestyle/sport/juventus_weighing_sponsorship_deals_hEZZlx0dvVo9T243BgKwEL

Italian football giant Juventus intend using their tour of Asia in August, which includes a match in Sydney, to gauge the potential for more commercial sponsorship deals in the region.

Juventus will play the A-League All Stars in Sydney on August 10. Seven West Media will be revealed as the broadcaster at a launch event featuring Juventus officials and former players on Tuesday in Sydney, during which further ticketing and commercial details will be announced.

The club’s commercial director, Francesco Calvo, told The Australian Financial Review Juventus will investigate demand for sponsorship while on tour, which will also allow existing sponsors to leverage their partnerships with the team.

“Italian clubs generally are quite reluctant to move too far and want to stay focused on training for the season. But Juventus are trying to break the rules of the game in that sense. Italian clubs are behind English clubs in terms of having [commercial] partners around the world and that is something we are analysing to do [in the future].”

“We have a very strong and, we think, a prestigious brand, so perhaps we will look to do things a little differently to other clubs. But Asia is a developing and moving region and we think there could be commercial opportunities there.”

An important part of the strategy has been expanding the club’s social media presence across Asia, some of which is managed by Australian firm Tribal Sports Management.

STRONG FOLLOWING IN CHINA AND JAPAN
Juventus, for example, is the most popular club in terms of social media followers in countries such as Indonesia, and also has a strong following in China and Japan.

“It is important to give as much coverage to our fans around the world, because sometimes not all have rights to the [Italian first division] Serie A,” Calvo says. “So we are working to increase the fan engagement across YouTube, Facebook and so on.

“It is great platform to engage with fans and we are very happy and satisfied with it.”

Calvo expects sponsors such as Jeep and Samsung to promote their brands as part of the tour given they also want to sell their products in the Asian market.

Juventus ranked the ninth richest football club in the world on the 2014 Deloitte Football Money League list released in January, with annual revenue of €272.4 million ($505 million).

That figure puts it above any other Italian club and only behind several English Premier League clubs and the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona. Unlike most Italian clubs, Juventus owns its stadium and is able to negotiate its own broadcast deal in Italy.

It is understood the club will make about $1.5-$2 million profit from the Sydney match, after which it will play another two games in Asian markets such as Singapore and China.

Football Federation Australia will make up to $2 million from the broadcast rights, signage and ticket sales. The NSW government and ANZ Stadium are also providing as much as about $4 million funding for the match.

The tour will come after the World Cup in Brazil in June and July, but Juventus management have committed to bringing as strong a squad as possible to Australia for the All Stars match, which may also feature former Juventus legend and current Sydney FC player Alessandro Del Piero.
Interesting stuff. Very good to see the club trying to take advantage of opportunities in the ever growing and important Asian market. Edgar Davids, and Francesco Calvo will both be at the Marconi Club here in Sydney to talk all about Juventus' in the Australian and Asian areas :)

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
http://www.afr.com/p/lifestyle/sport/juventus_weighing_sponsorship_deals_hEZZlx0dvVo9T243BgKwEL

Interesting stuff. Very good to see the club trying to take advantage of opportunities in the ever growing and important Asian market. Edgar Davids, and Francesco Calvo will both be at the Marconi Club here in Sydney to talk all about Juventus' in the Australian and Asian areas :)
:tup: nice read, Juve is trying but the Juve fans have to put up a show too, especially after the standards Liverpool set in Australia.

--- --- ---

Article from tifosobilanciato.com estimating current year loss to be 33million and showing that Juve will just about met the 45million loss guidance after adjustment
http://tifosobilanciato.it/2014/02/...iamo-perche-e-necessario-andare-avanti-in-el/

deducting wages of Del Piero, Buffon, Chiellini, Marchisio, Iaquinta e Manniger which the writer has estimated at 29 milioni.

wages totalling €180m, player wages+ammortization is nearly €220m which is odd given that Agnelli said Juve can only sustain around €200m. selling one of Quag and Vuci was really necessary to give Juve's financials some breathing space imo.

p.s. Juve's Half Yearly report expected tomorrow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)