The Financial Situation (28 Viewers)

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
0. Man Utd has a lot of debt because the Glazers dumped their loan to buy the club on the club itself. It's not because a football club by definition has a large debt. They are paying over 60m quid a year of interest alone, not counting the 700m quid of actual debt, I think that's what it is. If I'm not mistaken, they also make a lot more money than we do, and they don't have enough money to buy any good players without selling a good player. That is also due to the Glazers' noninvestment...but anyway, back to the point. Debt is bad if foisted on you suddenly and not well planned for in advance. Our debt payment was probably hastily financed.

1. What are these additonal assets, exactly? The tv channel maybe...but what else? I have no idea.

2. I think [not sure] that our 20m income came from selling our players. Operating loss doesn't count the owner's injections; that's why Chelsea's operating at a loss. Besides, is 20m income actual hard cash? Like I said, we might be getting paid in installments that don't accrue interest but trying to pay off a debt that does.

3. Profit = in - out, and that's it. Since sales went down, this shows we also cut costs a lot aka player wages. Maybe transfer fees also went into the "in" column.

Edit: I just checked the past financial statements. While I might be wrong, since they seem to be written to be deliberately obfuscating, I think at the end of 2004 our debt was only 3m. End of 2005 and 2006, the debt was around 10-15m. But this could be incorrect, the reports are so confusing. They even change format completely from year to year...
That last comment about Juventus position at end of 2004/2005 is entirely correct.

Since then the so called 'fire-sale' of players to Fiorentina, Inter, Real and Barca netted enough to compensate for other lost revenues. Once back in Serie A we will be back on track to financial stability.

Ignore Chelsea. The recently announced loss of £80m is about 8 weeks interest on Abramovich's investments - mere drop in the proverbial ocean. Contrasted against this the Glazers debt at Manchester United grows each week, by a lot!! Current debts there now have climbes avove £800M

Buy on AliExpress.com

fender06

Sep 16, 2006
i think Juve can buy 1-2 players from Japan or China, then many of the Japanese and Chinese would buy more and more Juve's shirt and other accessories. I know Man U is doing this kind of thing, they have a Korean player , and now they are going to buy a Japanese player playing in Celtic~

Jul 2, 2006
i think Juve can buy 1-2 players from Japan or China, then many of the Japanese and Chinese would buy more and more Juve's shirt and other accessories. I know Man U is doing this kind of thing, they have a Korean player , and now they are going to buy a Japanese player playing in Celtic~

I want these players for Juve

Tsubasa,Misaki,Matsuyama,Jito,Soda

Hyuga is already Juventino

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Maybe the cream of "Sum Yung Guy"?
:D :lol:
Well, that's something to consider. If it brings in the cash.......

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
the financials dont look as bad as i would have expected but they dont exactly make for great reading, we have to get back in to europe to change this. Saying that though the management has done a very good job in cutting costs lets just hope they can sort a sponsor out with a nice logo for the front of our shirts... tamoil was ugly anyway

Jul 5, 2005
Every year the same financials are good but not anything delightful for funs. There aren't the funs who gain money, aren't they?

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #29
    Soccer Team Values, Led by Man. United, Rose 15%, Forbes Says

March 29 (Bloomberg) -- Soccer's biggest teams rose in value by an average 15 percent in the past year as France's Lyon climbed the most and Manchester United retained its No. 1 status, Forbes magazine reported.

United, ranked fourth by revenue, is worth $1.45 billion, up 6 percent on its 2006 value, Forbes said in an e-mailed statement today. Real Madrid is second with a valuation of $1.04 billion, followed by London's Arsenal at $915 million and Bayern Munich at $838 million.

United was one of 10 English teams in the top 25, which featured four from Italy and Germany, two from Spain, France and Scotland and one Dutch club. Half the English teams, whose league is the world's most-watched, have changed ownership since 2003 and two have held takeover talks this year. Chelsea and Manchester United have Chinese language Web sites.

``A big reason why these teams are attracting suitors is their growth potential in all of Asia, but China is the key,'' Salvatore Galatioto, president of New York-based Galatioto Sports Partners, said in the release. ``You have great brands with these soccer teams that have not been fully exploited.''

Lyon's value rose 65 percent to $343 million after it became the first French team to sell shares to the public in February. Ranked 12th, Lyon's only fellow French club on the list is Marseille, which said today it ended talks to be taken over by Canadian businessman Jack Kachkar.

United and Arsenal were joined in the top 20 by fellow English teams Chelsea, ranked eighth, 11th-place Liverpool, Newcastle, Tottenham and Manchester City. Everton, West Ham and Aston Villa feature lower down.

Decline in Italy

The Premiership last year signed new broadcasting agreements in 190 countries that will almost double the league's television revenue to 2.3 billion pounds over three seasons from August.

The most valuable Italian teams slumped in value after being punished for their part in a match-fixing Scandal.

The value of A.C. Milan, which was docked eight points this season, fell 10 percent to $824 million. The six-time European champion ranked fifth, one place above Turin-based Juventus, which was demoted to the second tier. Inter Milan, top of the Italian league, is seventh on the list and Roma 15th.

Bayern Munich, winner of four European Cup finals, is Germany's top team, rated fourth with a valuation of $838 million. Schalke 04, currently top of the national standings, follows in 10th place, above Hamburg and Borussia Dortmund.

Barcelona, Spain's only other representative, is worth 22 percent more than last year after winning Europe's elite Champions League in May. It's worth $535 million, placing it ninth. Glasgow rivals Celtic and Rangers are Scotland's representatives, while Ajax of Amsterdam, a four-time European champion, completes the line-up.

Bloomberg

-----------------------------

And here's the full list:

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2007/34/biz_07soccer_Soccer-Team-Valuations_Rank.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)