The Financial Situation (68 Viewers)

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Interesting little read from ft

https://www.ft.com/content/7e944a50-ff6e-11e7-9650-9c0ad2d7c5b5

Our "Global appeal" is too weak (among the big ten). We need to keep competitive in CL and hope for a nimproved Serie A if we are ever to match the big guys - our new ugly logo won't do the trick. FC Bayern is admirable despite being a disgusting club.
Being able to keep hold of 'star' players would make up for a lot of that appeal aswell as you rightly mentioned being competitive in late stages UCL.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Interesting little read from ft

https://www.ft.com/content/7e944a50-ff6e-11e7-9650-9c0ad2d7c5b5

Our "Global appeal" is too weak (among the big ten). We need to keep competitive in CL and hope for a nimproved Serie A if we are ever to match the big guys - our new ugly logo won't do the trick. FC Bayern is admirable despite being a disgusting club.
Just need to keep winning. Forget the manner in which it's done. Our stars like Khedira and Higauin will bring dat appeal

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
I wonder why kids don't choose Juventus as their team anymore. We have chosen Juve despite such boring players as Zidane and Del Piero too, so why can't they?
No trolling, but the style of play is what attracts many to become fans of a certain club, and thats mostly clubs who play a quite offensive/attacking kind of football.

A match like that one yesterday is not really something that gives a good appeal. Also other clubs being much better to sell themselves name wise.

Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich and United all managed to create an enormous hype just around their name, which attract millions of new fans.

Especially United (as much as i dislike them), have been really good to sell themselves.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
No trolling, but the style of play is what attracts many to become fans of a certain club, and thats mostly clubs who play a quite offensive/attacking kind of football.

A match like that one yesterday is not really something that gives a good appeal. Also other clubs being much better to sell themselves name wise.

Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich and United all managed to create an enormous hype just around their name, which attract millions of new fans.

Especially United (as much as i dislike them), have been really good to sell themselves.
:tup:

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

I can understand why Barca and especially Real Madrid are so popular, but can't understand how Man United still manage to attract new fans after Fergie. Their football is utter dross, not any more entertaining than Chievo Verona or Stoke City.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I wonder why kids don't choose Juventus as their team anymore. We have chosen Juve despite such boring players as Zidane and Del Piero too, so why can't they?
I have a 11 year old cousin who changed from being Real Madrid fan to Juve fan recently, because of Dybala (and he's tired of La liga bs with his mates lol).

I dont have the heart to tell him about how Marotta operates, or he'll be like this

Immediately instead of when the inevitable actually happens.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
I can understand why Barca and especially Real Madrid are so popular, but can't understand how Man United still manage to attract new fans after Fergie. Their football is utter dross, not any more entertaining than Chievo Verona or Stoke City.
Because of their appeal. They sold themselves so good, and that pays off still today.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012

Nah. You're not in the league of the other three. You have relatively lower international appeal compared to English clubs.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Nah. You're not in the league of the other three. You have relatively lower international appeal compared to English clubs.
Not at all. United is in a league of their own fan wise, but Bayern got the same or bigger appeal internationally than all other english clubs. Its relative close though.

Bayern is also the club in the world with most members nearly 300.000.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Because of their appeal. They sold themselves so good, and that pays off still today.
So you think it has nothing to do with them buying players like Ibrahimovich , DiMaria , Pogba , Martial and now Alexis?

Tbh they been investing huge amounts of money to be where they at in terms of marketing, lately it has very little to do with how the team plays and more about what players you have, kids become fans of certain star players at first...

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
So you think it has nothing to do with them buying players like Ibrahimovich , DiMaria , Pogba , Martial and now Alexis?

Tbh they been investing huge amounts of money to be where they at in terms of marketing, lately it has very little to do with how the team plays and more about what players you have, kids become fans of certain star players at first...
I never said that is not part of it. But if you first managed to create a name, then people hold on to it. And yes like I said it has not much to do with how they are playing atm. But offcourse they cant go on like this forever. If they turn into the new Liverpool they will lose a lot of what they created.

Its probably just a matter of time before United are back though.. A club with that economy is impossible to hold back.

- - - Updated - - -
@Xperd

For the talks about appeal you can see here. Bayern have a huge appeal worldwide definitely in the league with those I mentioned before

https://fcbayern.com/en/news/2017/03/press-release-fc-bayern-opens-china-office-220317

http://www.latimes.com/sports/soccer/la-sp-bayern-munich-20170808-story.html

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
Dybala has shitloads of young admirers falling for him. That mask celebration is being imitated around the world. Even in Lithuania where Italian football is not interesting to anyone I've recently come across a few very young Dybala fanboys. You know, if Dybala stay here for a long time, one day they'll say that the Argentinian made them fall in love with Juventus just like it was with Baggio, Del Piero, Buffon for the current 25-35 year olds.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Dybala has $#@!loads of young admirers falling for him. That mask celebration is being imitated around the world. Even in Lithuania where Italian football is not interesting to anyone I've recently come across a few very young Dybala fanboys. You know, if Dybala stay here for a long time, one day they'll say that the Argentinian made them fall in love with Juventus just like it was with Baggio, Del Piero, Buffon for the current 25-35 year olds.
Yep. Its about to hold on to stairs/players with appeal. Even if they are cringe like Pogba :p Many kids/young fans like such players and dont see it that way. No wonder most of them are Ronaldo or Messi fanboys.

Dybala is well known and good for marketing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 64)