The Financial Situation (115 Viewers)

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Dybala has shitloads of young admirers falling for him. That mask celebration is being imitated around the world. Even in Lithuania where Italian football is not interesting to anyone I've recently come across a few very young Dybala fanboys. You know, if Dybala stay here for a long time, one day they'll say that the Argentinian made them fall in love with Juventus just like it was with Baggio, Del Piero, Buffon for the current 25-35 year olds.
Yep.
But we can also sell him next season to see those children turn into Barca fans. :beppe:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
Yep.
But we can also sell him next season to see those children turn into Barca fans. :beppe:
That's what I am fucking talking about. It'll be a disaster if we let him go and give away potential future benefits for marketing just to bring more talented youngsters who'd be sold again and again.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Our global appeal is completely tied to the league we play in. Utterly and completely.

This is not a perfect example but look at Salah. Yes, he has improved his output a bit moving to Liverpool. But he was on a better team in Roma, and he was still scoring goals. And no one knew who he was. Now he's in an arguably worse team and scoring slightly more and he's a god.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Our global appeal is completely tied to the league we play in. Utterly and completely.

This is not a perfect example but look at Salah. Yes, he has improved his output a bit moving to Liverpool. But he was on a better team in Roma, and he was still scoring goals. And no one knew who he was. Now he's in an arguably worse team and scoring slightly more and he's a god.
That's only because Liverpool fans are obnoxiously loud and boisterous. If he was playing for Spurs or Everton no one would care.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009

We have recently overtaken Liverpool on the main social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter)with all followers combined even though Premier league and Serie A have 41 and 5 million of followers respectively. Juve is one the up after those two finals and big success domestically.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
We have recently overtaken Liverpool on the main social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter)with all followers combined even though Premier league and Serie A have 41 and 5 million of followers respectively. Juve is one the up after those two finals and big success domestically.
Yes of course. Our board is very intelligent with these things. Easily the most progressive Italian team. But as you noted, we are fighting with Liverpool at the moment, not Man U. And therein lies the point.

41 and 5 million followers respectively. England has modern stadiums, every game in HD, english commentary. I get Italian games on my TV here in Canada but the quality is so poor that I still choose to stream from my laptop ffs.

I can watch Bundesliga and full match analysis in HD though.

- - - Updated - - -

Point is that you can stand alone in a shitty league just fine. Bayern do it too
PSG was pretty anonymous even with Ibra while winning titles year over year. I think Lyon won 7 straight years in the early 2000s and were largely anonymous.

But ya, if we bought Neymar, we would sky rocket in popularity.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Yes of course. Our board is very intelligent with these things. Easily the most progressive Italian team. But as you noted, we are fighting with Liverpool at the moment, not Man U. And therein lies the point.

41 and 5 million followers respectively. England has modern stadiums, every game in HD, english commentary. I get Italian games on my TV here in Canada but the quality is so poor that I still choose to stream from my laptop ffs.

- - - Updated - - -

PSG was pretty anonymous even with Ibra while winning titles year over year. I think Lyon won 7 straight years in the early 2000s and were largely anonymous.

Players do a lot. After we got James our spanish twitter account also skyrocketed with nearly 200.000 new followers and increasing all the time. That guy is HUGE in social media.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009

- - - Updated - - -
That's right. Serie A must go global. To be concrete that Facebook page doesn't even have 5 million, it's 4.6 and it's gonna take ages to reach 5 because they post in Italian.

Actually more or less everything is being produced in Italian but when the league always have the likes of Tavecchio or Lotito who wanna be in charge, it's complicated as fuck. They need a young face with clear mind who could do the simplest things like giving a bit more attention to non-italian community. Starting with match analysis and ending with new accounts in social media that could help people be more familiar with the league.

Juve though do more than we could expect for. That netflix thing is really nice.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012

- - - Updated - - -

Say that again? Serie A has been broadcast in Poland in HD ever since hd existed.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
The league and Italy in general does absolutely nothing to increase its own brand appeal. Take the national team, for example. Years of epic failures because of archaic coaching mentalities and zero ideas since what was successful in 2006.

Half our stadiums are crumbling, outdated (with running tracks in them lol ). Clubs are filing for bankruptcy left and right. Serie A has become a stepping stone for SA players to make the next big jump. Destination for young players vs destination for star players...

When you have former great clubs running massive debts, can't bloody get the city to agree to new stadium agreements, coupled with joke/laughable buyouts by random people in Asia, marketing fiascos (i.e. Hello Kitty)...what else would people expect?

Juventus is pulling the weight of the league. Napoli does its minimal share of "beautiful football" and that's pretty much it. The league is more compeitive this year but lets be honest...people around the world don't care about Napoli/Fiorentina/Lazio...the teams that matter for brand recognition is Juventus, Milan and Inter (ugh).

The league leadership is always arguing and playing politics instead of putting their egos aside and actually building a brand people want to pay for. Some people said it...only way to watch Serie A in HD is the occassional BEIN sports lineup here in the states...best and easiest way for HD is stream online lol. Too much effort for the casual fan.

I mean come on...

- - - Updated - - -

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Be fucking thankful you support a club that has an actual plan and meaningful guidelines to maintain steady growth. When the era of CR7 and Messi concludes is when I see us taking off even further. Money can only buy you so much...those two fuckers are so damn good they are aliens against men.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
That's Liverpool's revenue without CL money btw and Chelsea too, this despite us having as good a season anyone can have last year. So really, money wise, our competition are Spurs and Dortmund. We are closer to them than the ones in the top half. In fact I expect us to drop out of the top 10 soon once Spurs move into their new stadium.

Basically, we are never gonna catchup with the top clubs but we'll try our best to remain competitive like we doing right now. Calciopoli damaged us and this league for good.

- - - Updated - - -

That's only because Liverpool fans are obnoxiously loud and boisterous. If he was playing for Spurs or Everton no one would care.

Everyone gets noticed in the PL whether you play for a relegation team or a top club.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Everyone gets noticed in the PL whether you play for a relegation team or a top club.
:lol: Calm down man. Why you are trying so hard to persuade people into your pov? I don't like Premier League not because I'm bitter and envy their money but it is simply not attractive to me. And I'm not alone. Oh, and that point of yours, every player gets noticed in bpl is nonsense. Majority of international fans find it hard to know every team that plays in bpl let a lone some scrubs from Swansea or other Brighton.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 114)