The Financial Situation (41 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
According to @CalcioFinanza , #Juve are expected to pocket over €550m in revenues for the 2016/17 season
fuck me, that's a lot. it would be an increase of 150m compared to the previous season, and it would put us above last year's psg, city, arsenal, 'pool and chelsea.

:shifty:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

Beki

Jul 9, 2012
Do we have a financial "expert" here who can make a quick calculation about how much money we can spend during this summer for transfers and wages?

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Madrid, but still earned more from the tournament this season than any other club: €109m.

The Bianconeri were beaten 4-1 in Cardiff last night and a victory would’ve generated income of €113m from UEFA, sponsors, TV rights and ticket sales.

Defeat proved to still be very lucrative indeed, as Calcio E Finanza note they pocketed €109m through their participation in the Champions League.
http://app.football-italia.net/?ref...2%AC109m-europe#article/footballitalia-103651

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
On the other hand, if Serie A was in a much better shape, we would've made more money from TV rights both domestically and globally. It goes both ways.
i don't think so. first off we benefit from being the only proper italian team in the champions league. if another italian team performed well we would have to share the rewards that are allocated for italy.
you might think that a overall better performing serie A would increase the TV/media money, but since this money is not really weighted heavily towards the performing clubs the only ones that would benefit really are the lower clubs of serie a.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
i don't think so. first off we benefit from being the only proper italian team in the champions league. if another italian team performed well we would have to share the rewards that are allocated for italy.
you might think that a overall better performing serie A would increase the TV/media money, but since this money is not really weighted heavily towards the performing clubs the only ones that would benefit really are the lower clubs of serie a.
For argument's sake, if Serie A was as popular a product as la liga, it would've caused a domino effect of not only improved tv deals but also improved sponsorship deals, more visibility globally etc. We would be benefiting in multiple ways as opposed to benefiting from the market pool only because other Italian teams fail. The latter is merely a short term thing but the former would yield long term benefits.

Besides there'll be 4 Italian teams in cl from next year. We would no longer have the market pool advantage like we have now.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
it all depends on how the italian teams do in the champions league. if they drop out after the group stages not much would change.

I do not think that the sponsorship deals would improve, because we are pretty good on that already.
i would even say that it could even get worse for us if we are not the only big fish in italy anymore.

sponsoring companies will not magically create more funds to spend on sponsorships just because there are more proper teams in italy, but simply reallocate what the plan to spend on sponsoring, so instead of us getting the biggest offers a sponsor like Nike could say "dear juve, we give you 90millions over 5 years and if you don't take it there is ac milan (that is in CL too) waiting around the corner to take that deal.".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)