The Financial Situation (12 Viewers)

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Wasn't there a billionaire owner in Serie A about 5-6 years ago who bought a mid table club, I wanna say Cagliari, but then sold them because the stadium situation in Italy is $#@!ed? I might be wrong.
who knows but ye this is another reason why international bilionaires don't buy in Italy... bureaucracy toons of it! no freedom to do anything.
I mean it's not like Us. You find a place,buy it and then build whatever you want. Not at all. I mean you can't even open shops unless you have license.

I mean look at us we were supposed to hold a multiplex cinema and a bowling but it went straight to the trash bin cause others multiplex and bowling went to Tar claiming that if it was allowed they would suffer losses and so it was cancelled.

Would you as investor buy in Italy? being allowed only to splash money without return? What italians want's are mecenates like Berlusconi/Moratti were.
Sadly this is a model only if the investors were arabs oil lords who want to make a name for themself.

Going for the business model (unless you're juventus) won't work

Buy on AliExpress.com

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
I'm actually surprised more overseas billionaires haven't been buying Italian clubs. Seems like an obvious sell, you'd not have to build up the international prestige with Milan or Roma to the same extent as with Man City or PSG. Italian clubs already have worldwide recognition. They just don't have the team to play in the Champions League all the time.
It all boils down to bureaucracy. Getting a stadium built in Italy is essentially some close to a miracle, most of the clubs are in debt and you robably won't ever make a profit out of italian clubs.

As Maldini said once " how can clubs expect to make money on merchandise when you have stalls right outside the stadium selling fake shirts? This wouldn't be allowed in other countries."

And he's right.

May 22, 2007
I'm actually surprised more overseas billionaires haven't been buying Italian clubs. Seems like an obvious sell, you'd not have to build up the international prestige with Milan or Roma to the same extent as with Man City or PSG. Italian clubs already have worldwide recognition. They just don't have the team to play in the Champions League all the time.
I don't think you can blame anyone for not getting into Milan or Roma. Silvio has refused to sell that club when there is the faintest sign of interest. Roma were recently sold and their project is underway, although stuttering. Inter was the better opportunity, and they ended up in Thohir's hands.

There have been too many issues with the league otherwise. Just look at Tavecchio as a person, and the amount of power Lotito and Galliani have in the league, the amount of criminals that run top flight football clubs. The stadium issue is slowly turning a corner but look at all the failed (or slow-moving in Roma's case) projects, Milan's being the most recent. Juve are dragging the rest of these clubs along by example, whether they like to admit it or not.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Roma announced their stadium 3 years ago, and still not a brick has been laid. Italy.
dude i agree with you but the reason because they don't build new stadiums it's not because you can't.
It's because they won't get the money the spend back.
Roma want to build a new stadio.... together with a new city around it. Over 1.000.000 of tons cement.
If you simply wanna build the stadio you can do it. If you wanna build it and at the same time get back all the money you spend by building flats,shops,skyscrapers it's way harder.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I remain optimistic that we can hold on to our best players for the coming yrs but i am not sure how we are going to do it.
With our existing sponsorship deals,there is no hope we can latch on to them for the longer term.
Wage cap is going to inevitably increase among all these top clubs.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
and we'll still beat barcelona next season, with chelsea missing out on european football

:beppe:

btw those numbers are fucking depressing. agnelli and beppe are working their asses off to get juve above 350m euros of income, while barcelona/real/mu are easily nearing 600m very soon. at least we have pogba and dybala to make us look fancy.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
All those hoping for Milan to get relegated/become totally irrelevant,think again.
No competitive rival for the long term=slow death of the league which will affect our finances too.
Bayernisation of this league would kill us in the long term.
Psg are in the same boat but they have 200M deal from Qatar to bail them out.

Really hope the Chinese can come and have significant impact on this league.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I want investors in Serie A, I just argue that it doesn't have to be Milano trannies that get resurrected. Roma would make a great long-term rival.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
It wont be Roma and Milan is 10x the club/brand than Roma.

Having a bigger club as your long term rival matters.Ffs just think about it,we can have our own clasico with Milan which would inevitably attract a larger audience.Now thats what this league needs.

It just pains to me to see Arsenal,Liverpool and Chelsea barely compete and yet attract ludicrous sponsorship deals.

Anyone know if our Adidas deal can be renegotiated?

- - - Updated - - -

Bayern are in a COMPLETELY different situation than us.
I've repeated this many a times.Their commercial earnings is so high coz they're backed by plenty of German sponsors.
Juventus does not have the same provision.Hence we cant afford this to become a 1 team league.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005

Having a bigger club as your long term rival matters.Ffs just think about it,we can have our own clasico with Milan which would inevitably attract a larger audience.Now thats what this league needs.

It just pains to me to see Arsenal,Liverpool and Chelsea barely compete and yet attract ludicrous sponsorship deals.

When we had that, I had ignorant fucks annoying me all the time, claiming Milan is the greatest Italian club (because of their 7 CLs). I don't miss those times. Fuck Milan!

Roma has the potential. They are a bigger brand than PSG or City was before Arabs, and perhaps even Chelsea before Abramovich.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
I read somewhere that Adidas is going to sponsor less teams. My guess is that perhaps Nike and Adidas have come to the conclusion that you are better off sponsoring the best teams and forget everyone else. It means more sponsorship dollars for the big teams and less for everyone else.

It is usually a chicken and the egg situation. If you win lots of trophies, you get more sponsorship which helps you win more trophies etc. Juve are in a good cycle at the moment - we need to maintain it until we do a new sponsorship with Adidas which would be 4-5 years away (from memory) I think.

Putting the Leicester City miracle aside, it would only be a matter of time where leagues such as Ligue 1, Serie A, Portugese league etc will struggle to stay afloat and the concept of a super league comes back. Teams like PSG, Juventus, Porto etc have more to gain from a super league than teams like Manchester United and Chelsea as they are already in the EPL which is the most lucrative.

Serie A is dragging Juventus down. I love seeing us win it every year but at the same time, I really want to see 2 or 3 other Serie A clubs really lift their game and give us some competition. If we didn't have such a terrible start, this year would have really been embarrassing.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
But the Chinese or Arabs wont buy Roma,thats my point

Hope the Chinese buy Milan, spend 200M and lose to us :agree:

2 top clubs is enough to make this league great again.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012

It always can as long as both parties agree on it, which won't happen obviously.

You're right about Milan and the rivalry thing but Milan is the most unlikely to be 'the' rival for us though. They are in deep shit, mismanaged by a bunch of old idiots who don't see their time in football's world is up.

At this point Roma and Napoli have the upper hand and are a few steps ahead. Hell, even Inter and ambition-less Fiorentina are. It could all change if bunga-bunga sells the club but won't be enough. The new owner has to be loaded but also smart at managing a club or just hire people like that. It won't be easy at all. At this point it'd say it's highly unlikely that they'd get all those things right in short amount of time. Which obviously will hurt their image, finances and fan base even more. It could get to the point of no turning back, because competition keeps moving, while they're still going backwards. We lament EPL's advantage over us, so try to imagine what Milan fans feel like.

In all honesty I'd rather put my money on Inter ahead of Milan as for now. Yeah, they're in deep shit as well, but they seem to get decent players every now and then. A few proper signings could make them move ahead of Roma I guess. The main rival for now is Napoli though. They're managed very well I'd say and their revenue will grow. They build their team in a smart way and if they sell big, they reinvest the money (unlike Milan). Yes, they're much smaller than Milan but everything else is on their side, they clearly have a plan and management.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
If we wait for 4-5 yrs to renegotiate Adidas deal,we'd probably end up being Dortmund having to sell 2-3 players every yr.

Just to give some perspective,
Juve earn €47M from both shirt and kit sponsors.

Chelsea will be earning €130M from both their shirt and kit deals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)