The Financial Situation (72 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Actually it isnt. Started in a diferent way, ended up the same.

EPL first had Man Utd beeing top dog in EPL for several years , with arsenal mainly challenging, and very competitive in europe
United was mostly the richest team in the world for that time beeing
What happened was that they invested in their stadiums, and then chelsea was added, wich created 4 good teams with excellent surroundings
EPL became filthy rich cause these top4 generated high amounts of cash trough their stadium and various income, and started spending it on domestic players.
SO much money, flew from united-pool-arse-chelsi down to the lower teams, and flowed further to the lower positions on the table. This is what made EPL rich

However, they imploded on it. City was added. Lower teams utilised the money received better. EPL started to be to competitive for to many teams, wich resulted in more, but lesser quality top teams. And today we see the result

The EPL has to much top teams. Bayern, Dortmund, Real and Barcelona are far superior over EPL teams. PSG aswel.

When the EPL stopped beeing so far ahead, and Madrid and Barcelona took the gab in earnings, the league significantly worsened. Because it has a to wide range of competitive teams.

This problem doesnt excist in germany or spain

In germany, compare the massive monopoly of tv money for the top 2, to the massive monopoly in marketting revenue bayeren and partially dortmund have. Same idea, there us a monopoly of two teams. And in both competitions, their spending in the domestic league improves the top team, the lower teams gets a significant fee, and the top player doesnt leaves the league. AKA, new quality gets imported by the lower team spending its received fee.
But the lower teams, will never race high for to long, as unlike the EPL, they dont have a high enough income to sustain it. they are bound to sell their stars at some point.

This is the idea we need in italy. Create a 2/3 team domminance (like just before calciopoli tbh), and make those very rich. Their purchases will boost the rest of the league
not sure what youre refering to here but the BL has, together with the EPL, the "fairest" TV money sharing of the top 5 leagues. they earn significantly less than the EPL however.

http://bundesligafanatic.com/the-bundesliga-tv-rights-and-their-place-in-europe/

i mostly agree on the other stuff especially the 2/3 dominance :tup:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
not sure what youre refering to here but the BL has, together with the EPL, the "fairest" TV money sharing of the top 5 leagues. they earn significantly less than the EPL however.

http://bundesligafanatic.com/the-bundesliga-tv-rights-and-their-place-in-europe/

i mostly agree on the other stuff especially the 2/3 dominance :tup:
The BL is fair in sharing Tvmoney, but Bayeren and to a (much) lesser extend Dortmund have a huge lead considering marketting and sponserships

LL has somewhat linear marketting and sponsership deals, but a huge lead in tv cash

Same situations, different path. But look how BL and LL have improved, where the EPL has decayed.

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
BL benefits so much of being in Germany. Germans are rich, can buy real gear (instead of cheap fakes), fill the stadiums and benefit for having an excellent youth program.

As for the PL, they benefit for being in England. English people are in general richer than Italians, both because of real economics and the over valuation of the pound. And like someone mentioned here before they speak the international language, English. Therefore they have had excellent success in marketing their product. Also you need to give them credit for being excellent business men and for having a lot simpler bureaucracy than Italy.

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
Definitely. All the deals Barca, Real, Bayern, and other top teams have, will end in 2-3 years and with the Man u-Chevrolet deal paving the way, you can bet the new deals those teams will land, is gonna be on the upper side of 80-90mil per year.
So basically for the last 4-5 years of this contract, we'll be getting 20mil a year while with the inflation those new deals would cause, we could easily get a +40mil deal. That's like nearly 100mil loss. :sergio:

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Just wanna remember you that the likes of Juventus,Milan or Inter don't make separate deals with Tv owners (like in Spain as you mentioned) cause of LAW. There is a stupid law that Tv deals are one shared thing between everyone.
So it's not possible.
Else if i were in Juventus Shoes i'd make my own Tv channel on cable tv and sell season tv tickets. Nowdays Sky cost (to see football+sport) 29-39€ per month (depending if you take up offerts or if you stupidly go with the normal stuff they propouse). Most of people get sky or Mediaset Premium just to see their team (i honestly don't watch other league games, if it's not juventus it's boring) and some CL games. So immagine Juventus made its own channel for 10€/month (and 8€ on youtube payperview channel). Millions would join. Immagine if 5m people out of the 15m that roots for Juventus in Italy would subscribe such thing? 50m gained per Month! It would be madness!

Anyway lot of things don't or work badly in Italy. Changes to be made are so many that i dunno where to start.
About politics i'd say as italian living in Turin that i'd quit euro in 1sec if i were given the choice. You know what happened in Italy inn 2002?? Before 1 bottle of water would cost 200£ (lire) and 20cents. What before had a cost of 1000lire it was not translated into 0,4xxx cents but simply switched to 1€. It was a huge problem so much that at a point government had to send some agents to check that shoppers translated it correctly! What more they put a law that obligued shoppers to shaw Lire price and Euro price. But still didn't change much cause shoppers upped their price as they pleased (all of them).
And ofc i agree with what you wrote The only country benefitting from Euro is Germany. Before euro Germany economy was far behind Italy or France one now their dominating and want to keep stuff that way.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
this 2021 is some retarded shit. so basically we are just a marketing device for exor
Definitely. All the deals Barca, Real, Bayern, and other top teams have, will end in 2-3 years and with the Man u-Chevrolet deal paving the way, you can bet the new deals those teams will land, is gonna be on the upper side of 80-90mil per year.
So basically for the last 4-5 years of this contract, we'll be getting 20mil a year while with the inflation those new deals would cause, we could easily get a +40mil deal. That's like nearly 100mil loss. :sergio:
these are the worst things about this deal.

Juve should feel used

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
We can't complain much about this deal. It's better than the previous one and with bonuses we are looking to net 23-25m. That's a nice increase imho. I understand people that are furious as a fans and would have liked more favorable deal, but try to look at it from other perspective. We cannot always ask for favors without giving something in return. This deal has compromise written all over it. But how many people complained when Exor increased our equity by 100m, or when they give us 30-40m loans per year, and without these we wouldn't be able to afford players that we currently have.

As for the TV deal, Bayern earns 25-30m from BuLiga TV rights, while Juve atm is on 100m and in the next few years the figure will reach 110-120m per season. What we could complain about is stadium and that might be detrimental for our further growth. With 40k capacity we will always find ourselves in inferior position to the likes of United, Barca, Real, etc... United last year earned more than 100m from tickets, Real 120m, Barca, Chelsea, etc... plenty of big clubs have stadiums of 50-60k capacity or more and that enables them to maximize this stream of revenues to acceptable levels. Juventus with the best effort (read pricey tickets), won't be able to surpass 50-60m in the following years. But it could have been worse, as Giraudo initially had planned to build 32k stadium.
Where did you find the bonus info?

22/23M is a decent to good deal for us, but I haven't read it anywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, my view exactly. Small teams need to understand this. If we are rich, then we can spend on their players, buy better players in general, and stall better youths with them.

In the long run it will benefit the entire competition in many ways. For example sponsership
This will never happen in Italy.

B teams don't exist because FIGC refuses to take space away from small Italian teams in Series C1 and C2.

- - - Updated - - -

And yes, the robbery in this deal is its excessive duration. By 2021 these values will be ridiculous among European top teams.

Jul 13, 2010
Yup is practically a compromise to return the favor, apart from being paying back that favor :D.

Avout the stadium....since it already has been said that it cannot be expanded.... i think they will have to up the cost of the tickets right?-
please link me to the statement. I heard it is expandable because of infrastructure, 55k is possible

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Jul 20, 2012

Juventus Football Club and 24option.com, the leading binary options broker, can today confirm the start of an initial two-year partnership which will run until the end of the 2015/16 season.

“Juventus continues to work with strategic partners who share the club’s principles both on and off the pitch,” said Francesco Calvo, the Bianconeri’s Chief Revenue Officer.

“As such we are delighted to attract a company which in such a short space of time has become a leader in its field. We look forward to a long and mutually beneficial partnership.”

24option will become the club’s exclusive partner on a global level, acquiring offline and marketing rights.

“We’re proud of the partnership agreement which binds us to Juventus. We are both leaders in our respective fields on a global scale,” added 24option.

“Our partnership emphasises the synergies between football and trading where preparation and execution are keys to success. 24option is enthusiastic about the opportunity to work with Juventus.”
Does anyone know how much we will get from this sponsorship?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 65)