The Financial Situation (177 Viewers)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
http://www.football-italia.net/34993/now-even-more-juventus-fans…

Now even more Juventus fans… (the writer of the article obviously pleased with that fact :lol:)

Juventus are the best supported club in Italy and the seventh most popular in Europe, writes Sport Mediaset.

The Old Lady, fresh from winning their second consecutive Scudetto, have 11.2m followers in Italy – that’s a 29 per cent share and an increase of 0.3 per cent over the last year.

Milan follow on 16.3 per cent, Inter recorded 16 per cent, Napoli have an 11.6 per cent stake, while Roma are fifth in the standings with 7.7 per cent.

In Europe, the report alleges that Juve have 38m tifosi behind Barcelona [70m], Real Madrid [62m], Bayern Munich [53m], Manchester United [52m], Arsenal [45m] and Chelsea [43m].

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Do you guys know where Marotta studied and what kind of degree he got? Also, has he worked outside of football? I don't know anything about him pre-Samp.

- - - Updated - - -

You are crazy bro. There are some very well paid and experienced people who run the finances of a major football club like Juventus.

Marotta is the CEO of Juventus

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I think people dont understand how stuff like that really works in a corporate management.

Its like politics with competent people.

You got a manager, who has a team that carry out tasks about analyics and such, to provide him a very good image of how things are, and could go.
THEN, the CEO makes decisions, based on his knowledge and experience.

So yeah, Marotta is the man behind the big decisions, as is a manager and more importantly, a CEO's task.

Is he responsible for the increased revenue ? For a big part yes. His team analyses certain issue's he orders them, and he takes the decisions in what we do and invest in.

A medium part goes to conte's winning team. Lets not be dicks. we are juventus, we are expecting to be winning most of the time.

And a small part goes to Agnelli, who works on leverage of all sorts, and profiling around. A business PR guy you could say

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007

Inter €18.1m :sergio: and Juve €13.1; we are stuck to it till 2016. Not to mention the mearge €12m that Jeep pays us till 2015:sergio: when top 5 in the Premier League make €24m or higher. If we don't start competing financially soon, we would struggle to hold on to our success. The difference will get larger with United, Arsenal and other negotiating new deals plus increased tv revenue for PL clubs.

BBC reported today: Premier League revenues to rise by 25%, says Deloitte

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Just accept the fact we cant compete financially with the European Power-house teams. We have to be smart with our money. Bayern are the perfect example i know we dont own Serie A and get any player we want for bargain prices like Bayern do in Germany. They spend sesnsibly and dont over pay. We were trying to follow the path of the Premiership but Bayern's model is much much better imo to follow.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Just accept the fact we cant compete financially with the European Power-house teams. We have to be smart with our money. Bayern are the perfect example i know we dont own Serie A and get any player we want for bargain prices like Bayern do in Germany. They spend sesnsibly and dont over pay. We were trying to follow the path of the Premiership but Bayern's model is much much better imo to follow.
:agree: The Bayern model is the way forward.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
This might sound selfish/stupid, but while Liverpool are getting a fuck load of money, I would rather get less and not have my team play in those poor excuses for a kit

mondo1

May 14, 2006
Add the fact that 2016 is Not that far away and we can renew maybe in a Year or so.... Its important for us to stay in the cl. So we can get a much better sponsership deal with Nike and co

If you See only ManU has an deal older than ours from 2002....

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Another post from a forum on our financial situation:

I said a while back I would make a post covering Juventus' finances when the annual report comes out, but that won't be for some time and I felt with all the talk of not 1 but 2 stars coming to Turin this summer I looked into the financial projections of Juventus but most importantly the projected capital expenditure because it will be wages/investments/taxes/running costs that decide what the transfer budget is, and how possible it is to bring in high earning players such as Higuain etc.
There has been a lot of talk about what Juventus will do this summer and I'll admit even I have started to dream of the glory days once again, and with articles such as this one discussing how Juventus' revenue will increase massively(I do have some question marks over the accuracy) I took some time to look into the plans of the club going forward and how those plans will effect the transfer budget not just this season but for years to come.
By far the project with the biggest impact on Juventus finances this summer will be the Continassa redevelopment, now this was the project to redevelop the area surrounding Juventus stadium and move the Juventus HQ and training facilities to this location, but that is not all it will include the construction of spa/housing/Cinema/Hotel and a medical centre. The agreement in place with Turin's city council is that Juventus pay €1 million for a 10 year lease of the site on the grounds that no less than €60 million is invested during this time period. Now it is a massive property that Juventus are getting for next to nothing, so Turin council must be commended for their long term thinking in the age of austerity. Now the plan is of course to invest more (Quick estimate would be closer to €80million) and have the entire site work 7 days a week to bring in additional funding, as is commonly cited by Marotta Real Madrid receive €15 million per year giving stadium tours and the goal is for the site to earn at least that when finished.
How does this have a specific impact on this summer you may ask, well as you can see here the agreement was made in October of last year and the plan is to begin work as soon as possible, so one could speculate this summer. Now for obvious reasons the club will have to pay for a lot of things upfront as is often the case in construction, the biggest cost of course will be down to making the site ready for construction, as the site is basically lying unused filled with old debris, trees and garbage. How much of a budget is being assigned this summer, well its impossible to know until Juve make an announcement but it would appear as if it will be a substantial amount given the considerable debate between Conte and the management of the club over what finances can be made available this summer.
Picture of the planned development
The reason this is of such importance as some would think, why not get a loan? well Juventus have stated on numerous occasions that they do not wish to seek further financing(There is already bank debt of over €100million that only extends to 2023), and the plan for the short term is to only use available cash to cover costs. Now long run this is of huge benefit to the club and will ensure stability but short term it means that barring Juventus making money through selling of players, there may not be much more than €30 million available to spend, and Marotta is unlikely to spend it all on one player, and given his horrible track record on the sale of players I am not overly confident of his ability to sell players for enough money to finance a Higuain type signing and the increased depth Conte wants, and has always been the case depth will take precedence, and this could be the reason that rumored targets have moved from Sanchez etc to Diamanti
So basically as Juventus will be fronting most of the cash needed for this development and the plan is to finish construction as quickly as possible in order to be able to quickly generate additional revenue the entire €60-80 million may be spent over the next 2 years, meaning that the transfer budget will be taking a hit by that much over the next 3 seasons. So creates a situation financially that will take immense cunning to resolve, if we are looking to make purchases and split the cost over 2-3 years it creates a very tight squeeze on the development budget and wage costs and adds to an already massive player amortization bill, which is not an ideal situation, and should we decide to purchase players in a single upfront installment it means we have a lot less money than predicted to spend. And personally I think this is the reasoning behind the share price taking a hit over the past month.
So not entirely sure if anyone really has an interest in this kind of post, but financial analysis is my job and I was looking through the plans and I figured posting it here would add diversity to the current flood of transfer rumor posts.
What do you make of this @Zacheryah, do you thinking we only have a 30M Budget?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I think its fantasic. But the mentionned consequence, will be a lower mercato budged.

Probably the main reason why we are wanting Higuain in installments, and why marotta is so carefull about every penny he spends currently.

But after that thing is build, the long term loan costs a certain monthly number, but the revenue per month is massively higher.

So we could really start reaping the benefits from this in 4 years time. And no one in serie a has even close to such a project. VERY good for us

Also the broader aspect, creating new interest, more local fans. Torino fans are dying out, we'll be getting more and more fanbase in turin itself

As cost efficient manager like marotta is perfect for this. If we can get Higuain, we'll be set for the next years in terms of big expenses on a single player

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Gian reads Goallegacy.net i see :D

I read this article quite a while back actually right here in the Marotta thread.
Even an member (used to post on Goal.com too) :D, that forum is filled with trolls and RM fans though.

I really wonder what our budget is like, if it's around 30M then say bye bye to Higuain.

Also do we need to deduct Asamoah's half and Isla's half of this year too? Or are they part of last year's budget? I don't get the financial aspects, are we broke or doing well?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 175)