The Financial Situation (133 Viewers)

Top Goal

Dec 28, 2012
" Juventus announced some strong half-year results today. A loss of 34m euros turned into a 11.3m profit. Revenue up 75% to 149.4m euros. #FFP "

Looks like he was right about everything he said.

If after half a year our revenue is 149 mln why can't we expect at least about 300 mln revenue after the whole season? Usually teams earn even more money at second halves of seasons.

Buy on AliExpress.com

mondo1

May 14, 2006
" Juventus announced some strong half-year results today. A loss of 34m euros turned into a 11.3m profit. Revenue up 75% to 149.4m euros. #FFP "

Looks like he was right about everything he said.

If after half a year our revenue is 149 mln why can't we expect at least about 300 mln revenue after the whole season? Usually teams earn even more money at second halves of seasons.
guess we had more home games plus cl money is already counted in which makes most of our rise in profit. for the second part we only get cash for the quarterfinals plus less home games etc. guess it will be around 250 mil. it also depends on us reaching maybe semis winning scuedetto more merchandising etc. but they do a forecast so i think they counted it all in when they talked about a small lose.

btw i don't know when juves fiscal year ends but i guess its not exactly the same as the season. so half a year could mean 20-22 games where played in that period cause the season already ends in may.

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004

Looks like he was right at everything he said.

I think the board is being very conservative when estimating a loss. If we take the revenue results of the first half of 2012/2013 and add that to the revenue results of the second half of 2011/2012 we get:
149,4 million+128,4 million=277,8 million. Note the I am greatly underestimating the second half results of this year because I assume they are the same as last year's. The second half of this year will definitely produce higher revenue than last year's, the only question is, by how much? How much growth should we estimate? I think assuming a 75% growth rate (like the actual rate for the first half) is probably quite a stretch. I think we received already a huge fixed payment from UEFA for just participating in the CL and that won't happen again this financial year (although we will receive additional revenue for reaching the next round). Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if we managed to break the 300 million barrier this year (First time for an Italian club!). We will definitely be around there.

Top Goal

Dec 28, 2012
The 1st half of season ends on 31 December

mondo1, we had 16 home games in the first half including two friendlies and the Super Cup match(it was in Beijing, but technically we were the home side), of them 9 were in Serie A.
there are 13 games in the second half(not counting CL quarter-finals), including 10 matches in Serie A.

I think 300 mln of revenue is a realistic objective and the reason why we are expected to end the season with a loss could be big bonuses for winning scudetto or amortization deductions.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
The 1st half of season ends on 31 December

mondo1, we had 16 home games in the first half including two friendlies and the Super Cup match(it was in Beijing, but technically we were the home side), of them 9 were in Serie A.
there are 13 games in the second half(not counting CL quarter-finals), including 10 matches in Serie A.

I think 300 mln of revenue is a realistic objective and the reason why we are expected to end the season with a loss could be big bonuses for winning scudetto or amortization deductions.
We have already received money from CL pool for this year and it made u big part of our half year's results. To achieve 300M we would need another huge boost from somewhere. What we can assume is:
1. revenues from Serie a games 10 matches x 1.4M = 14M
2. revenues from CL games 1-3 x 2.5M = 2.5M-7.5M
3. revenues from Italian TV and media rights around 50M
4. revenues from sponsors around 30M (winning Serie a will affect this)
5. revenues from selling players registration rights between 10M-15M as I expect some departures this summer before 30.6.
6. other revenues (memberships, premiums and insurance, other stadium revenues...) around 10M

My prediction would be between 116M-126M and in total it could bring us 266M-276M revenues for this season.
Of course these are only predictions as we don't exactly know all the details till they publish their annual report. Also winning or being CL finalist would probably mean we would break even at least.

Socrates

Apr 2, 2012
You also need to count Champions League television money. Milan got 22million last year. I assume we will get about that much as well...maybe even more. Only question is...when is this paid out? I'd assume once your champions league campaign ends or the entire competition is concluded as it's a pool and not a fixed number.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
You also need to count Champions League television money. Milan got 22million last year. I assume we will get about that much as well...maybe even more. Only question is...when is this paid out? I'd assume once your champions league campaign ends or the entire competition is concluded as it's a pool and not a fixed number.
If I'm not wrong we already received that. Or is there additional income from CL? Can someone explain?

Socrates

Apr 2, 2012

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
There is prize money and tv money.

You can see it here: http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/uefaorg/Finance/01/84/05/87/1840587_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Milan made 39million. 23 million tv money and the rest was prize money. Not sure if we got paid the tv money already. Prize money I imagine we have since it's fixed.
We already got TV money. 43M we received from CL this season. And I assumed management included prize money till now in half year's reports. 1st page
http://www.juventus.com/wps/wcm/myc...&CACHEID=317fbe10-2c79-4d3f-8ac9-eec019aaba39

Socrates

Apr 2, 2012

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Advancing through CL rounds are fixed winnings, right?

So can anyone tell me the numbers for advancing first from the groups, passing the round of 16, and beating the QF opponent and advancing to the semi's.

Edit: Nvm found this, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Champions_League#Prize_money

I hope we make semis! That would be some great money and thats not even including TV money.
I already posted it in the CL thread.Excluding TV money and Ticket revenue ,we've made €21.5m purely in terms of prize money so far.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
We have already received money from CL pool for this year and it made u big part of our half year's results. To achieve 300M we would need another huge boost from somewhere. What we can assume is:
1. revenues from Serie a games 10 matches x 1.4M = 14M
2. revenues from CL games 1-3 x 2.5M = 2.5M-7.5M
3. revenues from Italian TV and media rights around 50M
4. revenues from sponsors around 30M (winning Serie a will affect this)
5. revenues from selling players registration rights between 10M-15M as I expect some departures this summer before 30.6.
6. other revenues (memberships, premiums and insurance, other stadium revenues...) around 10M

My prediction would be between 116M-126M and in total it could bring us 266M-276M revenues for this season.
Of course these are only predictions as we don't exactly know all the details till they publish their annual report. Also winning or being CL finalist would probably mean we would break even at least.
from 197 to 266/276 in one season ?

even considering Cl, thats an incredible number, certainly this is far to high

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 132)