The Financial Situation (42 Viewers)

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
For EPL though ,i think their market pool is higher than any league.It was 86m Euros in 2010-11 and in the same season Manure who reached the final earned more than Barca even though they won it and that was mainly because of TV money.

Do you have any idea how this market pool is allocated ? Is it based on popularity of the league or something ?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
For EPL though ,i think their market pool is higher than any league.It was 86m Euros in 2010-11 and in the same season Manure who reached the final earned more than Barca even though they won it and that was mainly because of TV money.

Do you have any idea how this market pool is allocated ? Is it based on popularity of the league or something ?
I think it's based on how much domestic televisions are willing to pay for broadcasting rights. I'll check it out for more.
Yes the size of your domestic market influences on this amount. English televisions generate more revenues so the clubs receive more money.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I think it's based on how much domestic televisions are willing to pay for broadcasting rights. I'll check it out for more.
Yes the size of your domestic market influences on this amount. English televisions generate more revenues so the clubs receive more money.
With EPL's new TV deal which is a humongous one really ,do you think their market pool will rise further ?

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I think that TV deal is for EPL games. But if you look at last couple of years it has definately the tendency to rise even further.
I know but in your earlier post you said Domestic TV deal influences on the CL market pool so thats why i posed this question.

Thanks anyways :tup:

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I know but in your earlier post you said Domestic TV deal influences on the CL market pool so thats why i posed this question.

Thanks anyways :tup:
I meant for broadcasting rights of the CL. Anyway market pool increased this year from 341M to 409M so I expect English clubs to get nice portion of that money.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I know it just sucks rooting for rival teams in Europe but this is what money has done unfortunately nowadays.The EPL is getting bigger and bigger.Soon you'll see the likes of Wolverhampton and West Brom earning more than a 3rd -4th place Serie A side.Doesnt it suck hearing that ? Then there's Barca and Madrid whose annual turnovers are like 500m ,even English sides fall short of them.And you have the emergence of PSG and cash rich Monaco who will try to buy just about any player in the world.

I am not just looking at the present ,i'm looking in the long term.It would be hard to compete with these entities imo.

Money buys success.It is the way it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and i literally vomited when i saw Chelsea winning the CL last year and City won the EPL.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I know it just sucks rooting for rival teams in Europe but this is what money has done unfortunately nowadays.The EPL is getting bigger and bigger.Soon you'll see the likes of Wolverhampton and West Brom earning more than a 3rd -4th place Serie A side.Doesnt it suck hearing that ? Then there's Barca and Madrid whose annual turnovers are like 500m ,even English sides fall short of them.And you have the emergence of PSG and cash rich Monaco who will try to buy just about any player in the world.

I am not just looking at the present ,i'm looking in the long term.It would be hard to compete with these entities imo.

Money buys success.It is the way it is.
Barca and Real are rather privileged in Spain as they receive the most money from TV rights. I think it was around 140M for each while the each of the other clubs from Spain don't receive the half of that amount. So it makes a big difference. Juventus last year netted 90M and you can see there is a huge gap. And I understand what you mean and also hate the fact that some English noob team will probably earn more money in CL because their televisions can cough up more money.
One of the solutions for PSG, City and the other clubs who spend rather excessively is to introduce salary cap and heavy penalties for breaching it.
Chelsea won last years CL but how much have they invested prior to that. Imagine where would we be with that kind of investments. And what will happen with them if someday Roman decides football is not his thing anymore or his business crumbles. I see all these clubs as too dependant of their owners. Our business model is the way to go.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
FFP is such a flawed concept ,infact i think of it as a fraud concept literally lol.

PSG found a loophole with some garbage sponsorship deal which will pay them 100m a year and suddenly they are safe for FFP.Its the same with City and Chelsea.

The thing is FFP is designed to cut the losses not to curb the spending.With several other rubbish deals like these we would continue to see these oil clubs' limitless spending unfortunately.Next we would see Monaco spend 200m euros in the market,strike some rubbish deal with some Russian company(which are not connected to them) and suddenly they're in line for FFP.

If anything only Italian sides got screwed over with FFP.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
FFP is such a flawed concept ,infact i think of it as a fraud concept literally lol.

PSG found a loophole with some garbage sponsorship deal which will pay them 100m a year and suddenly they are safe for FFP.Its the same with City and Chelsea.

The thing is FFP is designed to cut the losses not to curb the spending.With several other rubbish deals like these we would continue to see these oil clubs' limitless spending unfortunately.Next we would see Monaco spend 200m euros in the market,strike some rubbish deal with some Russian company(which are not connected to them) and suddenly they're in line for FFP.

If anything only Italian sides got screwed over with FFP.
The problem is that businesses today are interconnected. You can see one club's sponsor is also a sponsor of a competition the club is playing in or at least company which is greatly related with it for example most of it's revenues they gain from selling goods and services to them or they share some other channel. They can't do anything against it as it would endanger them economically. Gazprom is one example but there are others.
what exactly are FPS rules? and why only italian sides screwed over from it?
Basically clubs are not allowed to spend more than they earn but they found a way around it. Their sugar daddies and their companies become their main sponsors giving them ridiculous amounts in return. Not just to clubs but also to a competition as well.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Indeed.Its just way too money driven nowadays.

I know that Qatar Organized CL might not happen but just to even think of it makes me so sick.Like imagine a Barca and Juve for example playing in the final of this tournament with a 75m euro prize money for whoever wins it plus the player bonuses to go along with it.I'm sure clubs or players wont object to that since the monetary incentives it is going to bring.And no matter where they're playing in what tournament people will tune in.Not a single fuck is going to be given about league football with all eyes on that Qatar money.Even International tournaments would become kinda pointless.For example Messi would rather play for Barca in this tourney rather than representing Argentina in the Copa for instance.

I am not saying these situations would transpire ,but i wouldnt be surprised seeing the direction football is taking nowadays.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Indeed.Its just way too money driven nowadays.

I know that Qatar Organized CL might not happen but just to even think of it makes me so sick.Like imagine a Barca and Juve for example playing in the final of this tournament with a 75m euro prize money for whoever wins it plus the player bonuses to go along with it.I'm sure clubs or players wont object to that since the monetary incentives it is going to bring.And no matter where they're playing in what tournament people will tune in.Not a single fuck is going to be given about league football with all eyes on that Qatar money.Even International tournaments would become kinda pointless.For example Messi would rather play for Barca in this tourney rather than representing Argentina in the Copa for instance.

I am not saying these situations would transpire ,but i wouldnt be surprised seeing the direction football is taking nowadays.
Let's hope for the sake of the million fans that this won't happen. But the pattern in which things are developing is worrying at least. For me some transfers from last summer like Hulk going to Zenit for insane amount of money were sad day for football. His carrier instead of fluorishing in some major European club will now deteriorate. And all for the quick gains instead of long term improvement. Eto'o couple of years ago or Willian recently all bad decisions which they made. I see them as a football prostitutes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)