The fantastic three (3 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I don't see us selling Chiellini. He's one of the best young full backs in Italy and Moggi and Capello know this. I can understand him wanting to play first team football which is why he was hoping to remain in Florence but I don't think he has anything against Juve. He should be loaned out at the very most.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
I can understand Chiellini's woes as he wants 1st team play. Chiellini is promising and I don't Moggi would have bought him for no reason. The most yet risky move is to move Zambro to the right

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
I don't see us selling Chiellini. He's one of the best young full backs in Italy and Moggi and Capello know this. I can understand him wanting to play first team football which is why he was hoping to remain in Florence but I don't think he has anything against Juve. He should be loaned out at the very most.
But the same could arguably be said about Maresca, Brighi and Miccoli.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++
I can understand Chiellini's woes as he wants 1st team play. Chiellini is promising and I don't Moggi would have bought him for no reason. The most yet risky move is to move Zambro to the right
Why then cant you understand Miccoli and Maresca? The fact remains, they all have resonable potential, but by talking out loud and their unwillingness to play for Juve is not professional, especially if theyre going to stay on the pay roll.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++

Why then cant you understand Miccoli and Maresca? The fact remains, they all have resonable potential, but by talking out loud and their unwillingness to play for Juve is not professional, especially if theyre going to stay on the pay roll.
I never said I never understand both of them. I juz never mention their names. In fact I wish that Maresca would be the person to partner Emerson for the next season. If u were to look around, especially the posts about Maresca, I have defended him for quite a few times, including the time when he said that he doesn't want Juve to win anything b4 our game against Fiorentina. But since Mozart wil be coming here, I can see that he would be sold.

Speaking abot Miccoli, I got sick of him since he talks too much. It's all right to complain about 1 or 2 times, but not all the time. I got sick of Fiore as well as Miccoli, both for the same reason. Even though I still dislike Miccoli for his unprofessionalism, I think that he should be sold so that he can get 1st team play. U can't expect every1 to behave like Tudor.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Miccoli 'betrayed' by Fiorentina Saturday 2 July, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fabrizio Miccoli has broken his silence on the troubled return to Juve and has slammed Fiorentina for ‘betraying’ him.

“They say in my hometown Lecce that my mentor was director of sport Pantaleo Corvino, but as of Tuesday we are finished,” said the striker in a fiery interview with the ‘Corriere dello Sport’. “There’s no turning back now.”

Miccoli had said that being forced to come back to Juventus at the end of his co-ownership deal would be “a tragedy,” but the method of his dispatch was what hurt the most. The two clubs went into a blind auction – where each puts a figure into a sealed envelope and the highest bid wins the remaining 50 per cent of his contract – and the Viola offer was surprisingly low.

“Corvino rang me up one minute after the envelopes were opened and said, ‘We were unlucky.’ They offered £1m – that’s not unlucky, that’s just not even trying! Had they told me beforehand then I could’ve added another £1m from my own pocket to stay in Florence.”

Bianconeri transfer guru Luciano Moggi later crowed that he had signed the remaining half of both Miccoli and Enzo Maresca from Fiorentina for a combined £1.6m and the fans were furious.

“All our meetings about the future concerned my tactical position and how I was a key element to next season’s squad. It was all words,” continued Miccoli. “It was all going so well that I even asked if I could wear the captain’s armband. I’d have been so proud.”

The former Perugia player has put the blame for this situation squarely on director Corvino and was not shy about expressing that sentiment.

“This isn’t the first time that Corvino has treated me like this,” he slammed. “I recall when I first arrived that the Della Valle brothers told me, ‘In this club we value the man more than the player.’ In that respect, I don’t think I let them down.”

Fiorentina director of sport Corvino responded to the accusations. “The story that has been told is simply untrue. In our work, we must take into account the interests of the fans and the club.”

source: channel4.com

Pete

Nov 23, 2003
Can't help but feel sorry for the guy. He works his tiny heart out and deserved better at Juve..I still blame Lippi for his resentment towards our club.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
For once I feel very sorry for him. Even though he still has a big mouth, but to be treated like this is really bad. I juz wish that Moggi would sell him once and for all. This way Miccoli would not only get 1st team football, his resentment for Juve wouldn't be so deep as well.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++
U can't expect every1 to behave like Tudor.
Exactly my point. Even though Miccoli continues to lose respect everytime he opens his mouth, somewhere as a professional you can understand all he wants is a little more security and to just shut up and play. The same goes for Maresca and Chillieni. Only, they should conduct themselves in a manner which would help ease out the situation for all parties concerned. Look at the way Maresca has been treated, i feel his situation is even worse than Miccoli's. And jsut like you, id love him to be retained, but its too bad his future seems away from here. The only good thing about it is the fact that it will be a lot more certain than what it is now.

Sumo_Basho

Feb 20, 2004
We still have about 2 months of transfer window left...i wouldnt be suprised if we made them sweat about their future.
There is no real rush to sell them atm...unless we are offering them in player swap deals

As much as I like Miccoli (even tho he made those comments about Juve- he has been treated kind of sh!tty) + Maresca, i cant see them in Turin next year...which is a shame

Maresca is such a legend and will always be remembered for his stunning header + celebration against Torino a few years ago :touched:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Chiellini could still be loaned out for a while before we absolutely need him in our first team. I don't fault him for his feelings, as he's been pawned off a lot for a guy who has earned a few NT caps already.

Miccoli seems to think he is in the leagues of forwards that Chelsea is willing to play big bucks for, and yet he doesn't even rank as a Crespo-type for most big clubs. His denial of this is certainly hurting him all around.

And while I love the fact that he always seems to put 100% out there, he really has never had a breakthrough year. Arguably his best season professionally was about 4 years ago at Serie B Ternana, where he had some 15 goals in 34 games and put in almost 3000 minutes on the pitch. But for all the folks who fondly recall his performances briefly at Perugia before arriving at Juve, he still didn't bag 10 goals that season.

Maresca, on the other hand, has been hard-working and not overly full of himself -- and arguably Fiorentina's best player this past season (I'd give him an edge over Miccoli and Lupatelli). I think he's received the rawest treatment of them all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)