The Dreamers' religious discussion thread. (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Anyway, it's not a fairy tale, it's the exact opposite. To me the fairytale would be the ability to live life freely. If I was an atheist like you, I would really be enjoying life. I'd have sex non stop and always be drunk and on drugs. I wouldn't care about people's feelings and I wouldn't care about anything in general. After all, nothing matters, so why bother? I could do whatever the hell I want and have the perfect life.
No, you'd go to jail.

My thoughts on religion; it's a man made concept.

Jun 13, 2007
Yeah but I always thought smokers and drinkers were the coolest guys around? :alen:

You might not isolate yourself from the whole world, but you have a freedom that you don't quite know it's worth. You could let go of a lot of your morals, these old ones holding you back, just because there is no one to judge you. It's your life and your decisions, and in the end it's all the same results, so might as well have some fun!
That's actually very true. If God doesn't exist, people could commit obscene crimes and as long as they don't get caught, they will never suffer for them. But what I've realized is that even though it's very frightening thought indeed; it would be erroneous to have faith in God because you can't accept the world as it is.

Just because life might be harsh and brutal and meaningless, it doesn't mean it cannot be real . If you were to have faith in God because somehow a belief in a higher power provides comfort to you that there will be an ultimate justice or purpose if you will, then you need to reassess the connotations underlying your entire belief system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)