The causality approach (14 Viewers)

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
One more thing for atheist.

Since we all believe every effect is a reason of a cause... every single thing around us happen as a result of a reason, doesn't the idea of our existence being for no particular reason whatsoever sounds a lil bit inconsistent here.

"Everything happen for a reason expect our own existence it just happened for no particular reason"

Kinda sucks isn't it?
I'm fine not knowing the cause yet. I'm not fine inventing something that could not have cause to explain it.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Did everyone see this? This is what DelpieroForLife brings to the discussion. Nothing but insults this guy.

Oh, and YOU said you directed your lost post at me.

Twat.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
What Seven said. You're mixing words. Reason is not the same as cause.

Everything does not happen for a reason. It happens as a result of a cause. Within the chessboard.

Jun 26, 2007
One more thing for atheist.

Since we all believe every effect is a reason of a cause... every single thing around us happen as a result of a reason, doesn't the idea of our existence being for no particular reason whatsoever sounds a lil bit inconsistent here.

"Everything happen for a reason expect our own existence it just happened for no particular reason"

Kinda sucks isn't it?
Yeah you're mixing up reason and cause here.

Dec 26, 2004
I'm fine not knowing the cause yet. I'm not fine inventing something that could not have cause to explain it.
But there must be a cause right... at least this is an answer.

What Seven said. You're mixing words. Reason is not the same as cause.

Everything does not happen for a reason. It happens as a result of a cause. Within the chessboard.
Martin let me just put it this way "everything within chessboard happens as a result of a cause yet the chessboard itself existed for no particular cause whatsoever".

Does it make sense?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Did I?

And asking you to please fuck off is now insult:howler:
Of course it's an insult.

Jeez, you're really awful with words. Half the time you don't know what they mean. Last example was reason/cause. If you're that uncomfortable in a language (which is totally fine by the way, I don't care), use a dictionary.

And you did. "For atheist". It wasn't perfect English, but I'm sure you wanted to ask all atheists.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
And we come up with a cause that can't have cause of its own. We basically invent some new entity, which would leave us with the same problem where did it came from without knowing nothing about it, plus we will not be able toknow anything in the future about it. So I ask you, whats the point?

OP
Hist

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
  • Thread Starter #116

Martin let me just put it this way "everything within chessboard happens as a result of a cause yet the chessboard itself existed for no particular cause whatsoever".

Does it make sense?
    Here the analogy between the world and the chess board breaks down. Nothing exists outside the universe, its unimaginable. on the otherhand there is existence outside the chessboard.

We are arguing how existence came to be, this is the highest problem you can think of.

Dec 26, 2004
    Of course it's an insult.

Jeez, you're really awful with words. Half the time you don't know what they mean. Last example was reason/cause. If you're that uncomfortable in a language (which is totally fine by the way, I don't care), use a dictionary.

And you did. "For atheist". It wasn't perfect English, but I'm sure you wanted to ask all atheists.
    Who said I was directing my last post towards you?

Even if I asked atheist in general, you would be last one I would like to hear an answer from.
    Why don't you just read before you post Mr. Perfect English?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Why don't you just read before you post Mr. Perfect English?
    That's not the post I was talking about. And like I said, I don't care about your language skills. But if you want to communicate, you have to know what words mean.

You can't discuss about this and not know the difference between reason or cause. You'll say cause where you mean reason and vice versa. We won't know what you want to say.

Dec 26, 2004
    And we come up with a cause that can't have cause of its own. We basically invent some new entity, which would leave us with the same problem where did it came from without knowing nothing about it, plus we will not be able toknow anything in the future about it. So I ask you, whats the point?
    True that.... there would be no point whatsoever if it was invented.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)