the big match: Italy - Wales (2 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Sure, whatever, but this is a very crucial game. If we lose this then we can kiss our hopes of coming first in Group 9 goodbye.

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
ah man, i was soo excited in seeing the trio manifesto work together in an important situation... :( now im really pissed, sep 6 was a big highlight of next month.. along with sep 30 when scarface dvd comes out ;) :D

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Wales and Newcastle United striker Craig Bellamy could miss his country's crucial European Championship qualifying games next month due to a knee injury, his club said on Tuesday.

Bellamy has been ruled out of Newcastle's Champions League qualifying tie with Partizan Belgrade on Wednesday and his chances of featuring in the games against Italy and Finland are slim.

'I think it is a short-term injury,' Newcastle manager Bobby Robson told reporters.

'He won't play this week but after that there is a chance he will be fit next week.

'But his chances of playing for Wales, who I believe have a couple of important games coming up, have diminished. It is vital that he has the time to rest the knee properly now so that he is all right for the rest of the season.'

Wales, who remain top of Group Nine despite a 1-0 defeat by Serbia and Montenegro last week, face second-placed Italy in Milan on September 6 and Finland in Cardiff on September 10.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bellamy is one of the star performers along with Giggs and Davies .. he scored Wales' second goal against Italy, but the gigantic Hartson - who missed the last match against Serbia & Montenegro - is set to play ..

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
bellamy is more important to them then totti to us.. i think we will make do. we have get our act together these days as long as trap doesnt mess with it again we will win.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++

Bellamy is one of the star performers along with Giggs and Davies .. he scored Wales' second goal against Italy, but the gigantic Hartson - who missed the last match against Serbia & Montenegro - is set to play ..
Hartson doesn't scare me. I've seen alot of him and he's not that great. Cannavaro and Nesta can deal with him easily.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
TOTTI'S RACE AGAINST TIME

Francesco Totti is undergoing intensive physiotherapy in a desperate bid to be ready for the September 6 clash with Wales.

The Roma captain suffered heavy bruising to his back during Monday’s 2-2 friendly draw with Real Betis and an initial diagnosis ruled him out for two weeks.

That would force him to miss out on both Euro 2004 qualifiers against Wales at the San Siro and Serbia&Montenegro in Belgrade.

However, Roma doctors are now more confident that the situation could not be quite so serious.

“This type of injury is more painful than it is serious,” revealed Doctor Mario Brozzi. “We are hopeful he can recover in time for international duty.”

Totti shone as part of the ‘Golden Trio’ alongside Alessandro Del Piero and Christian Vieri during last week’s 1-0 win in Germany.

That was the first time all three had shared the field since the 2002 World Cup, but once again injury threatens to ruin Coach Giovanni Trapattoni’s plans.

The Azzurri need a victory against Wales in order to top the Group 9 standings and aim for an automatic qualifying spot.

Giallorossi medical staff have prescribed four days of absolute rest, coupled with massage to ease the bruising, before making a more accurate diagnosis on Totti’s condition.

Wales have their own injury worries for that game, as star striker Craig Bellamy is at risk with a knee problem.

Football Italia

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
guys i have a feeling he will play... man hes got like 10 days to recover. with all that massaging and therapy hes getting he will be fine. cant wait to watch that game...

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
++ [ originally posted by JuveTrueChamps ] ++
Del piero is not backup he is more important than Totti
To the Italian team? No way, Trap built the team around Totti and we all know how important he is.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
they are both important... trap actuaally make this tactic so that both can fit in it... noone is inferior nor superior to eachother... the system is there.. the only thing to do is to not gettin injured when the time come...

VIVI

Jan 26, 2003
i dont like totti, but i admit he is important to italy, and
delpiero-totti-vieri trio is so darn amazing...........
so i really hope totti will recover in time ............forza italy!!!!

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
With Miccoli's operation, there goes Totti's most natural substitute. I guess Trap will either keep the 4-2-3-1 with Camoranesi substituting Totti, or changing the formation to 4-3-1-2 with DP behind Vieri and Inzaghi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)