the big match: Italy - Wales (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Aragorn ] ++

That will be the main reason the Azzurri won't be winning any championship :(

God, I wish Fabio Capello to take Over, and start a new Era of endless victories.
Well, although I don't like Trap's tactics, I'm not going to be too harsh on him since we've won our last six games...

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stevie11 ] ++
If italy had a real left winger then they wud be complete.
Italy don't really need a real left winger because Del Piero is doing very well on the left and Zambrotta gets forward alot to help him out. We haven't needed a real left winger up to now so I don't see why we should.

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++

Well, although I don't like Trap's tactics, I'm not going to be too harsh on him since we've won our last six games...
Most of the last six games were just friendlies, so these victories are really useless. may be i 'll start believing in him IF we win the next game against wales.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
DAMN!!!!!!!! Totti got injured during training and he's gonna miss this match :( I'm guessing either Miccoli or Fiore will substitute him, unless Trap plays another striker along Vieri (Inzaghi maybe) with DP behind them.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Yeah cos Roma had their official team presentation for 2003/04 with the friendly against Betis following the presentation.

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
Damn it, why does it always happen to us. Totti gets injured every year at the same time :(

Totti out for crucial matches

--------------------------------------

Francesco Totti will miss Italy’s crucial Euro 2004 qualifiers against Wales on September 6 and Serbia & Montenegro four days later.

According to preliminary reports the Roma forward will be out for approximately two weeks after injuring his hip in the 2-2 draw with Real Betis at the Stadio Olimpico on Monday. Already suspended for Roma’s first match of the season against Udinese this Sunday, Totti will now miss both internationals as well.

Italy have been in fine form recently and have won their last six games. After Wales’ shock defeat to Serbia & Montenegro, the Azzurri are now looking to secure top spot in Group 9. Giovanni Trapattoni looks set to use Juventus new boy Fabrizio Miccoli as an able deputy for the injured Totti.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
DAMN!!!!!!!! Totti got injured during training and he's gonna miss this match :( I'm guessing either Miccoli or Fiore will substitute him, unless Trap plays another striker along Vieri (Inzaghi maybe) with DP behind them.
Oh no!! How could this happen, I'm so depressed! :down:

*crocodile tears* :rolleyes:;)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by dj juve ] ++
del piero doesnt seem like he's up to it..i dunno..maybe some1 else can do a better job
Well, I saw him play on the left wing against Man Utd in New York just a month or so back and he was very good. He also combined very well with Totti and Vieri for Italy against Germany, and there's no-one that can do a better job anyways.

About Totti's injury, I knew that something like this was bound to happen, and although we have capable back-ups like Miccoli and co this is a huge loss for us. Fabrizio may have the talent but he can't lead like how Totti does. We'll definitely miss Francesco but I think that Del Piero, Vieri and somebody else will step up to the plate and take us to victory.

Forza Italia!!!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Though the loss of Totti is a massive one, I can't see Trap changing tactics just because of it. He'll probably go with DP-Micco-Camo (all Juventini :D) or DV-DP-Micco behind Vieri.

Oh and Glenn, Nesta and Zanetti missed the Germany friendly due to injuries, do you know if they will be fit for this game (Wales)?

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
They should cos they were just minor injuries and were left out just for precaution. I wouldn't mind them getting injured again after Italy's match ;)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
No, that wouldn't be a problem at all :D I was actually hoping that Totti would miss the Juve-Roma clash in round 3 but... ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)