The Best British band Of The Last 10 years (5 Viewers)

Sep 26, 2007
Out Of Time is the obvious choice. Liam wrote it and it sounds like a Beatles rip off, apparently its the next single.

Soldier on and falling down are other favorates of mine

Most of the songs aren't really radio friendly but I like the album.

Im a big fan but I havn't had any high expectations for an Oasis album for years so I was pleasntly suprised with this one.

I personally think the single the Shock Of Lightning is the weakest song on the album.
Outta Time is my song so far off the album actually. I have been listening to that and The Turning.

I didn't expect the CD to be good. I just happened to see it on iTunes and remembered how much I love Oasis so I DLed it. I'm going to make sure to listen to the songs Soldier On and Falling Down. I know I'll love the CD I just need to get it to grow on me.

OP
BIG DADDY!!!

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #63
    Outta Time is my song so far off the album actually. I have been listening to that and The Turning.

I didn't expect the CD to be good. I just happened to see it on iTunes and remembered how much I love Oasis so I DLed it. I'm going to make sure to listen to the songs Soldier On and Falling Down. I know I'll love the CD I just need to get it to grow on me.
    It does get better after a few listens, I actually think liam is becoming the better song writer in the group.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    It's only to be expected that Noel will be running out of ideas after 15 years of writing songs.

I saw an interview in which Noel said that if Oasis were to get back to their former glory, it would be due to Liam's songwriting and not his.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    i'd have to go with oasis, but i also rate snow patrol i think they have great songs. feeder is another cool band.

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    Yeah seen them live a couple of times, cool band.

What primal Scream album do you recommend?

I've also been listening to Massive Attack recently, Mezzanine is a great album
    depends on your musical tastes tbh........
    oh and massive attack are awesome:tup:

i'd have to go with oasis, but i also rate snow patrol i think they have great songs. feeder is another cool band.
    feeder are an excellent band,catchy tunes from a rock and. their current album is also every good,too long though,a few songs on there that feel like filler which is a shame as it could be 12 superb tracks

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    Oasis then Coldplay without a doubt.
    seriously andy mate by missus moved here from germany and had never heard of most of teh bands i am into but she loves them all. the british music scene is full of excellent bands that don't make a ripple over in america,and more's the pity as most are far superior to the output of commercially popular bands

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    seriously andy mate by missus moved here from germany and had never heard of most of teh bands i am into but she loves them all. the british music scene is full of excellent bands that don't make a ripple over in america,and more's the pity as most are far superior to the output of commercially popular bands
    I'll give you that. I'm in no ways versed in the British scene, and stuff Oasis puts out isn't even in my favorite genre of music.

Aug 1, 2003
    My personal favourites from the uk of the last 10 years

Arctic Monkeys
    Ash
    Bloc Party
    Coldplay
    The Cranberries
    .. does Duran Duran count?
    Kaiser Chiefs.. to an extent
    KEANE
    The Kooks
    Little Man Tate
    Manic Street Preachers
    Mansun!!
    Muse
    Oasis
    PLACEBO HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Radiohead
    Razorlight
    Snow Patrol
    Starsailor
    Stereophonics
    SUEDE
    Travis
    U2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)