The Best British band Of The Last 10 years (3 Viewers)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
you are so lucky 'bringhomedavids' i was on holiday when the ticketsfor december's concerts went on sale and it sold out in record time, but at least i saw them in June.

have you heard the unreleased songs Cloudburst, Take me and the cover of Helter Skelter?

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
BIG DADDY!!!

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #22
    Yeah I just downloaded Take me the other day havent heard Cloudburst though.

I also downloaded noel doing a version of slades Merry Christmas it was excellent.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005
    Oasis peaked in 95/96, after that it was all downhill unfortunately; talking about thier unreleased song my personal favorite is "angel child". Libertines, kula shaker, and coldplay are one year sensations. As for radiohead, by far the most consistent in that span, well it's just not ecletic and tends to be a bit repetitive.
    So the best of the UK in the last 10 years, i say The Prodigy.

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
    radiohead :dontcare:
    :thumb:
    oasis were great and are finally getting their act together again but the last three albums were pretty shit,coldplay were excellent but new album is just re-hashed versions of previous songs,loving kasabian right now

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by bringhomedavids ] ++
    Quite easily Oasis there popularity has not been matched.

Even if you cant stand the Gallagher brothers you cant help but like at least one of their songs.

And their B-Sides are better than most bands A-Sides.

oasis are great

OP
    BIG DADDY!!!

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #31
    I always thought Blur were a good singles band never heard any of their albums.

Though I agree with radiohead I think their amazing.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by axlrose85 ] ++
    no one seems to be interested in blur.
    Like bringhomedavids said, they come across as a singles band without the repertoire of other bigger names...I do have Song 2 perpetually replaying in my head though, all the way from 8 years back.

OP
    BIG DADDY!!!

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #37
    What does everyone think about the new Oasis album then?

I've decided to breathe life back into this thread rather than create a new one because reading back over these posts is a breath of fresh air.

This was a time when we could have a decent debate on the forum and disagree and not worry about it.

These days posters either are ignorant and sarcastic of other posters comments or just post useless comments such as lets sign Diego and Zapata in January!... (It might happen) :wallbang:

Back on topic! I quite like the new album, its completly different from their past material but I think it stands up well.

Got tickets for both dates in Belfast so gonna get drunk and fuck about :D

What does the other posters in this thread think?... are you still fans?... Bez? Bozi? Boksic? :D

OP
    BIG DADDY!!!

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #40
    Fuck your quick on the button son.

Arctic Monkeys really?

Think their a bit overated to be honest.

Kinda like Bloc Partys, first album was good but the second disappointing.

The Darkness , Keane, Franz Ferdinand are other examples of English media over hyping their bands.

Although I think all of the above are shit and can stick their Brit awards up their hole!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)