The Best British band Of The Last 10 years (1 Viewer)

Joaco

the cronopio
Dec 11, 2005
Fuck your quick on the button son.

Arctic Monkeys really?

Think their a bit overated to be honest.

Kinda like Bloc Partys, first album was good but the second disappointing.

The Darkness , Keane, Franz Ferdinand are other examples of English media over hyping their bands.

Although I think all of the above are shit and can stick their Brit awards up their hole!!
Franz Ferdinand aren't that bad.

Arctic Monkeys are good. Actually, talking about british press and british bands; they have kind an aggressive attitude to the media. I remember in a interview they started to lie about the origin of their name just to "make fun" of them or something like that.

Kinda like Bloc Partys, first album was good but the second disappointing.!
I'm a Bloc Party fan (and a big one), so I'm not agree with this. We all now that Silent Alarm was a kick to our hears; pure post punk with amazing riffs, and lyrics. A Weekend in the City is different, it's another history. It's like the Godfather I and Godfather II, is not a sequel, it's a complete different point of view. I like the turn they have been doing (Radiohead, anyone?); first with A weekend... and then with their virtual album, Intimacy. I saw many complaining about Coldplay that the do the same thing but with different lyrics. Bloc Party is pure poiesis . They changed from post-punk-teenage-rage from a electronic danceable beats. They are chaining all the time, and that is what I like about them.

i enjoy the upbeat tone of arctic monkeys, especially when walking and i have been walking quite a bit this past summer
We enjoy the same thing :tup:

OP
BIG DADDY!!!

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #45
    Your cool :pint:

Arctic Monkeys are good. Actually, talking about british press and british bands; they have kind an aggressive attitude to the media. I remember in a interview they started to lie about the origin of their name just to "make fun" of them or something like that.
    Noel Gallagher admitted he was a big fan but I couldn't agree.

Maybe it was because I put so much trust in bands like the Coral of being the saviour or British rock music.

I'm a Bloc Party fan (and a big one), so I'm not agree with this. We all now that Silent Alarm was a kick to our hears; pure post punk with amazing riffs, and lyrics. A Weekend in the City is different, it's another history. It's like the Godfather I and Godfather II, is not a sequel, it's a complete different point of view. I like the turn they have been doing (Radiohead, anyone?); first with A weekend... and then with their virtual album, Intimacy. I saw many complaining about Coldplay that the do the same thing but with different lyrics. Bloc Party is pure poiesis . They changed from post-punk-teenage-rage from a electronic danceable beats. They are chaining all the time, and that is what I like about them.
    I stumbled acoss Bloc Party by accident, me and my friend were supposed to be heading to a club untill a girl he knew pulled up drunk in a taxi with 2 Bloc Party tickets and begged him to go with her (Bloc Party didn't have an album out yet and were pretty unheard of) she more or less fucked up our plans !

So he apolgised says he'll buy me a ticket to see them and buy me drink all night to make it up to me. :D

They came on and rocked the place, So I waited for the album to come out and the rest is history :D

But I havn't really give the 2nd album a chance because some of the lyrics are dreadful.. BUT if you are recommending it to me il give it another listen and get back to you :)

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    to answer your first question,there are many great british bands that do not get the media coverage they deserve-the enemy,futureheads,maximo park.... while groups like oasis sell millions on the back of albums made 10 years ago. for me oasis have struggled to find the right formula "since whats the story.." but they are at least now trying to find their own definitive sound instead of flirting with beatles and rolling stones backcatalogue.

as for the best bands in the alst 10 years,groups like arctic monkeys are leading the way in a new wave of british guitar based groups,but if you wanna look at the best 2 examples of progressive musicians tehn you should look no further than Ian Brown (who's current album is tremendous) and Primal Scream(who have never made 2 albums that sound the same)

though i do admit a soft spot for Stereophonics,"word get around" and "performance and cocktails" were fantastic "JEEP" was shite (apart from Mr Writer) "you gotta go there to come back" was far less commercial and laced with 70's nostalgia "language,violence,sex,other" was again a bit of a disappointment but at least showed their experimental side,current album"pull the pin" sits up there with their early work and is well worth a listen

For me are: Blur, Arctic Monkeys and Bloc Party. Between those three is the best one, IMO.
    all great bands Joaquin

Fuck your quick on the button son.

Arctic Monkeys really?

Think their a bit overated to be honest.

Kinda like Bloc Partys, first album was good but the second disappointing.

The Darkness , Keane, Franz Ferdinand are other examples of English media over hyping their bands.

Although I think all of the above are shit and can stick their Brit awards up their hole!!
    darkness were a joke of a band,keane are terrible(like james blunt terrible) but Franz Ferdinand are actually a very good band,i see them as a modern day talking heads

Franz Ferdinand aren't that bad.

We enjoy the same thing :tup:
    Bloc Party are indeed a wonderful band and the intensity their frontman brings to his sets is incredible,however they are not gonna be everyones cuppa tea.,i am sure they polarize opinion quite a lot.

OP
    BIG DADDY!!!

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #47
    What do you think of your fellow countrymen The fratellis Boz?

Im currently downloading the recent radiohead album, havn't read any reviews of yet so don't know if it was hyped.

Can't beat OK Computer and Kid A though.

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    What do you think of your fellow countrymen The fratellis Boz?

Im currently downloading the recent radiohead album, havn't read any reviews of yet so don't know if it was hyped.

Can't beat OK Computer and Kid A though.
    the fratelli's are Ok,chelsea dagger was a great song but they seem like a marc bolan T-Rex tribute band

radiohead are fantastic! you like Supergrass? very underrated band IMO

OP
    BIG DADDY!!!

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #57
    the fratelli's are Ok,chelsea dagger was a great song but they seem like a marc bolan T-Rex tribute band

radiohead are fantastic! you like Supergrass? very underrated band IMO
    Yeah seen them live a couple of times, cool band.

What primal Scream album do you recommend?

I've also been listening to Massive Attack recently, Mezzanine is a great album

Sep 26, 2007
    Has anyone actually listened to the new Oasis CD? Because I have it on my iPod but I have yet to get through more than two songs. What are the tracks that everyone here likes?

OP
    BIG DADDY!!!

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #60
    Has anyone actually listened to the new Oasis CD? Because I have it on my iPod but I have yet to get through more than two songs. What are the tracks that everyone here likes?
    Out Of Time is the obvious choice. Liam wrote it and it sounds like a Beatles rip off, apparently its the next single.

Soldier on and falling down are other favorates of mine

Most of the songs aren't really radio friendly but I like the album.

Im a big fan but I havn't had any high expectations for an Oasis album for years so I was pleasntly suprised with this one.

I personally think the single the Shock Of Lightning is the weakest song on the album.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)