The Azzurrini (U21) Thread (13 Viewers)

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Any good young fullbacks that look promising?
Udogie, 18 year old and already starting for the U21 and for Udinese, at LB.

Then Calafiori of Roma, 19 year old left back, has an important role already for Roma. Handful of matches last season and already more with Mourinho.

At RB it's Bellanova, 21 yo right back, he played as a full starter last season in B for Pescara, this season he is in Cagliari's bench.

Udogie is the best one at this point imo, even as the youngest one. Can't say about his ceiling, haven't watched him enough, but he does look good.

Apr 9, 2015
I was about to write the same about Lovato, also Colombo.

Totally sold on him in these two matches.

The pass from Colombo (attacker) to release Rovella into the 1v1 is a pass that our midfielders haven't made in like 3 years. Would have been an incredible assist.
I rate Colombo more than Lucca. I said it already in winter mercato thread, people were talking about Lorenzo Lucca, but I think Colombo is the better target. Sad enough he is on loan from Milan. Lucca is more static Luca Toni type of striker, Colombo is the complete package and don't underestimate his finishing. He also has a few minutes in Serie A (100) and in the Europa League (100 aswell). That means Milan rate him highly. Tacopina from SPAL said he is one of Italy's biggest prospects.

Esposito from Inter is another player I really like, he is a magician on the ball with South-American flair. Would love to have such an player in our squad. Dybala-esque.

I said this earlier and every week he confirms it.
"I rate Milan's Colombo as a greater talent. He is playing very well for SPAL. Great finish, good movement and technique."

- - - Updated - - -

Any good young fullbacks that look promising?
Shit backs, maybe Udogie who is still very young.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
I rate Colombo more than Lucca. I said it already in winter mercato thread, people were talking about Lorenzo Lucca, but I think Colombo is the better target. Sad enough he is on loan from Milan. Lucca is more static Luca Toni type of striker, Colombo is the complete package and don't underestimate his finishing. He also has a few minutes in Serie A (100) and in the Europa League (100 aswell). That means Milan rate him highly. Tacopina from SPAL said he is one of Italy's biggest prospects.

Esposito from Inter is another player I really like, he is a magician on the ball with South-American flair. Would love to have such an player in our squad. Dybala-esque.

I said this earlier and every week he confirms it.
"I rate Milan's Colombo as a greater talent. He is playing very well for SPAL. Great finish, good movement and technique."
Esposito is my favorite of the three, can't see Inter selling him to us anytime soon though. Very jealous of Inter as imo he has potential to become huge, already doing wonders for basel.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Esposito has the most natural skill but it's only part of being a top player. But considering his age he just needs to keep growing, he didn't quite turn out to be the epic wonderkid many expected but he could still be a top player given 2 or 3 years.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Vignato with the early 0-1 in an extremely comfortable game vs Luxembourg.

Rovella-Miretti pair in a 4231

Was hoping Seb Esposito would start. Rovella, Miretti, Vignato, Gaetano, Cambiaghi is the opposite of Nicolato's last tournament team. All technical players looking to dribble and play fast.

- - - Updated - - -

Cambiaso assisted a fantastic goal from Pellegri

Wish we had a stringer opponent for these kids.

Jun 16, 2020
Vignato with the early 0-1 in an extremely comfortable game vs Luxembourg.

Rovella-Miretti pair in a 4231

Was hoping Seb Esposito would start. Rovella, Miretti, Vignato, Gaetano, Cambiaghi is the opposite of Nicolato's last tournament team. All technical players looking to dribble and play fast.

- - - Updated - - -

Cambiaso assisted a fantastic goal from Pellegri

Wish we had a stringer opponent for these kids.
How did they do? I didn’t bother watching, Luxembourg is probably the weakest opponent in Europe

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
How did they do? I didn’t bother watching, Luxembourg is probably the weakest opponent in Europe
They looked like they were playing people 6 levels below them so they were all playing like world beaters.

Its Luxembourg, can't draw too many conclusions except that they are clearly talented and that they like to play with each other, the team was enjoying playing fast football, doing 1-2s dribbling their way around the box. Its very different than the industrious 3-5-2 that Nicolato used in the last euros, he really adapts well to his squad.

Rovella and Miretti controlled the mid. Quagliata and Cambiaso were always pushing up and combining well, particularly Cambiaso. The front 4 all had fun, Pellegri looked good, Gaetano and Vignato looked best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)