The Azzurrini (U21) Thread (6 Viewers)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
but but but calshio is back!!!! and made in Italy.... :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Cambiasso looking good for a few minute im watching, so does Miretti
Thank fuck they can ditch this nationalistic bullshit, return to Juve and get some rest in before we fight those figc fucks in the season ahead. Shame gravina will keep his job after another shit show

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Guys like Colombo, Cambiaghi, and Pellegri are absolute garbage, atrocious even at this level. I am not sold on Gnonto either, so Italy need to find/unearth better forwards and possibly wide players. I have no idea who's good enough in the U-19 and U-18 setups.

- - - Updated - - -

FIGC = Federazione Incompetente Del Geriatrico Calcio

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Guys like Colombo, Cambiaghi, and Pellegri are absolute garbage, atrocious even at this level. I am not sold on Gnonto either, so Italy need to find/unearth better forwards and possibly wide players. I have no idea who's good enough in the U-19 and U-18 setups.

- - - Updated - - -

FIGC = Federazione Incompetente Del Geriatrico Calcio
Gnonto is OK but he's not a real striker. It's a mystery who will step up, suddenly one will turn up but there is clearly an issue at the development stage.

I'd argue that it's a symptom of the overall decrease in quality in Italian football. Having more foreign players is a problem too and clubs take some blame but if those players were coming through they'd play instead.

Scoring goals is the hardest thing to do and hardest trait to teach into a player. The rest of the team can be competitive, and Italy have loads of good midfielders, but either end of the field decides games. Luckily Italy can fall back on its long tradition of goalkeeping, and will get by in defence for the same reasons, but the drop in elite forwards over the past 20 years is remarkable. There are no elite second strikers like Del Piero or Totti, not even a Zola or Chiesa. Italy didn't always have elite #9s, so that was always going to be a problem (Vieri was the last, and before that you had tournament specific guys like Rossi or Schillaci). Because there is no elite #10 it exacerbates the problem as they don't make the #9 look better.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
The balance of a busy summer.

U21 flop
U20 finalists
U19 champions

Great summer for the azzurrini, shame for the U21 performance in that last match. The U20s played some great football on the way to the final and the U19 (credit to the coach?) played very balanced and well interpreted matches to outplay Spain and Portugal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)