The Azzurrini (U21) Thread (4 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The team looks nice again, but a bit less than a few years ago. That generation was nice with Zaniolo, Lorenzo Pellegrini, etc. Ive seen a few games of Plizzari and he impressed me aswel
I think that's always the case when a new cycle starts. These players are 19, 20 and 21 and just starting their pro careers either in Serie A, B or on loan in those divisions. We don't have the benefit of hindsight to see how these players will turn out another couple of seasons down the line. Some will greatly improve, others possibly stagnate, and a couple will come through out of nowhere or through the younger age groups.

Looking at the selection of U21 players from 3 years ago: https://www.worldfootball.net/teams/italien-u21-h-team/u21-h-freundschaft-2018/2/

You've got some who have excelled and are starters like Bastoni, Meret, Barella, Audero, Locatelli, Calabria, Zaniolo, Pessina etc, but others I had hopes for in there have faded away. Actually it's quite an impressive list there to see how many of those players are now having very good careers, they are doing good work with the youth sector in Italy, and this is a necessity with the financial position of the league.

Buy on AliExpress.com

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Yeah, I don’t know a lot about him, but tonight is a nice opportunity to see him against us.

My brains can’t comprehend the fact that we own 50% of the Azzurrini midfield and none of them will have a chance of playing with us this season.

The team looks nice again, but a bit less than a few years ago. That generation was nice with Zaniolo, Lorenzo Pellegrini, etc. Ive seen a few games of Plizzari and he impressed me aswel
I watch Lazio vs Empoli and he play pretty good, composed for his age

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
For ECQU21 with Montenegro and Luxembourg.

GK: Marco Carnesecchi (Cremonese), Alessandro Plizzari (Milan), Alessandro Russo (Alessandria)

D: Raoul Bellanova (Girondins de Bordeaux), Riccardo Calafiori (Roma), Andrea Carboni (Cagliari), Gabriele Ferrarini (Perugia), Antonino Gallo (Lecce), Matteo Lovato (Atalanta), Caleb Okoli (Cremonese), Andrea Papetti (Brescia), Lorenzo Pirola (Monza), Iyenoma Destiny Udogie (Udinese)

M: Marco Brescianini (Monza), Jacopo Da Riva (Spal), Nicolò Fagioli (Juventus), Filippo Ranocchia (Juventus), Samuele Ricci (Empoli), Nicolò Rovella (Genoa), Sandro Tonali (Milan)

F: Matteo Cancellieri (Hellas Verona), Lorenzo Colombo (Spal), Sebastiano Esposito (Basilea 1893), Roberto Piccoli (Atalanta), Emanuel Vignato (Bologna), Kelvin Yeboah (Sportklub Sturm Graz)

=========================================

Strong goalkeepers. Some interesting prospects in defence, especially Lovato, Calafiori, Pirola and Udogie. Naturally, the future Azzurri midfield there with Ranocchia, Fagioli and Rovella @DanielSz Tonali on the bench.

Vignato stands out up front but there are a couple of eternal wonderkids there too. I've no idea who the hell Kelvin Yeboah is.
Stacked midfield, good defenders and GKs, weak attack.

Let's see if someone like Vignato steps up.

Its a downgrade from Scamacca, Raspadori, Kean, Cutrone, Zaniolo of the previous class.

The midfield does look great. Pobega and Frattesi graduated, yet Tonali and Rovella stay and are joined by Ricci and the Juve players. Really excited to see Ricci in Serie A this season.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
How the two (Luca and Rovella) are playing? assist and goal aside
Only the second time I've seen Lucca play but he has impressed me in a way I wasn't expecting. He fights hard for every ball, there were passes were normally a striker wouldn't get to, or would immediately lose the ball, that he handled unexpectedly well. He is popping up and trying to get on every ball played forward.

In front of goal he messed up some chances, two particularly bad shots from very difficult angles towards the first post that he didn't get close to on target.

Did well on the goal, awareness and finishing like a proper goalscorer there.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Impressed by Lovato

- - - Updated - - -

Rovella just missed a 1v1, should’ve been 2-0
I was about to write the same about Lovato, also Colombo.

Totally sold on him in these two matches.

The pass from Colombo (attacker) to release Rovella into the 1v1 is a pass that our midfielders haven't made in like 3 years. Would have been an incredible assist.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)