The Azzurrini (U21) Thread (15 Viewers)

metalhead

Sep 23, 2005
I think the Azzurrini should've won but its not a bad display for a friendly.

Italy's defence was great after Chellini was taken off. He had a terrible game after he got kicked in the head. The attacking display was great and they could've scored more goals.

Buy on AliExpress.com

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
cahill hit chiellini

@rebel: i think they meant it was large, since it was wrapped around his head, thus they meant impressive as in size
:boxing: Cahill :ferocious :boxing: :boxing: :skull:

Yes the bandage was large; it looked as if someone had started to mummify him, but he escaped them.

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
Super Pazzini pinching himself Saturday 24 March, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Azzurrini starlet Giampaolo Pazzini can’t quite believe he has scored an historic hat-trick in the new Wembley Stadium.

“I certainly never even dreamed this would happen,” he said after Italy’s 3-3 draw with the England Under-21 side.

“Just yesterday I didn’t expect to score one goal here, let alone three with the first after less than 30 seconds. I am feeling incredible joy right now.”

The Fiorentina striker wrote his name in several different pages of the history books with this match.

He became the first player ever to score at the new Wembley in this inaugural competitive match, an Under-21 friendly.

He netted within 29 seconds, the fastest ever international goal here, shattering the record of 38 seconds set by Bryan Robson against Yugoslavia in 1989.

Pazzini also joins the short list of foreigners to have netted a hat-trick at Wembley, although he is by no means the first Italian.

Gennaro Ruotolo achieved the feat for Genoa in the 5-2 Anglo-Italian Cup Final win over Port Vale.

Roberto Di Matteo also scored three goals under the towers, but in different games. He was on target for Chelsea in the 2-0 Cup win over Middlesbrough on May 17, 1998, again a year later against the same team and in May 2000 to beat Aston Villa.

The first ever foreign hat-trick at Wembley was scored by Nandor Hidegkuti in Hungary’s legendary 6-3 victory over England on November 25, 1953.

channel4

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Pazzini was brilliant.Not just with his finishin,but with his overall game.The commentator was right when he said that we'd hear a lot more of him in the next decade.I think its only a matter of time before Europ's elite are linked with him.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #88
    Chiellini, Palladino, Mantovani, Nocerino & Criscito are called up again to the trainings during the period 7-10 May in order to leave to Holland on the 10th of June...

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006
    mantovani was a special case, we were supposed to sign him from a team but he went to chievo and i dont know what else. I thought he was ours, but after we were linked to signing him, i never heard about him again(with Juve).

Juve should keep an eye on Andreolli of Inter, that guy is a great defender and can play in the centre and on the right.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
    Dec 27, 2005
    Did anyone noticed that there is no youth's from Milan, Inter, Roma or any other "big" club. Just us :)

JuveGER

Mar 10, 2006
    Squad for Albania – Goalkeepers: Consigli (Sambenedettese :D ), Sirigu (Palermo)

Defenders: Belmonte (Bari), Bocchetti (Frosinone), Criscito (Genoa), Marzoratti (Empoli), Motta (Udinese), Rickler (Chievo), M. Rossi (Modena)

Midfielders: Cigarini (Parma), Candreva (Ternana), De Ceglie (Juventus), De Martino (Udinese), Dessena (Parma), Marchisio (Juventus), Paonessa (Vicenza), Russotto (Treviso)

Forwards: Acquafresca (Treviso), Giovinco (Juventus), Lupoli (Derby County), G. Rossi (Parma)

Giovinco and Rossi upfront. :eyebrows:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)