The Azzurrini (U21) Thread (46 Viewers)

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Watched the whole game, was disappointed with Insigne. Probably that injury is still bugging him.
Having said that, we lost the game 100% because the defense was all over not able to contain Morata thus allowing space for Isco and Thiago to move in.

First two goals, mistakes by the CB. Third by RB and fourth by LB. If Florenzi did better in the his chance that would have put the game differently.
Missing Marrone in the midfield is huge, that guy is a mainstay for the U-21. We have talents like Balo, El-Sha and De Sciglio who went with NT.
Spain was aiming for this tournament and everyone eligible was pulled in. None were spared for their NT.
Germany would have been awesome if they called up their NT players as well. They could easily make a midfield of Gundogan, Draxler,Kroos and Goetze.
The difference between us and them isn't that big. I feel we lost the game in defense and had we had a midfield anchor it would have been closer.
Verrati didn't really perform in this tournament.

Players to watch out :- Isco, Morata, Thiago and Donati.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Nov 17, 2012
Insinge, Immobile and Florenzi impressed me quite a bit. Verrati is a huge talent but didn't shine in this tornament from what I have seen and read. Gallant effort by the Azzurrini, can't wait for someone (us, or Germany) to dethrone these pretenders..

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Insinge, Immobile and Florenzi impressed me quite a bit. Verrati is a huge talent but didn't shine in this tornament from what I have seen and read. Gallant effort by the Azzurrini, can't wait for someone (us, or Germany) to dethrone these pretenders..
He played well. He's just too yellow card prone. He needs to calm down a bit.

He's still very far off from being a Pirlo.

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
Said it many times before and will say it again:

Isco >>> Verratti :pado:
CAM, regista :shocked:

But yeah since the very first time you look at Isco you can tell that he will be sotmething amazing in one or two years. While Verratti still needs to learn a lot to master the regista position.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
In a couple of days u20 WC starts and Spain will be there with such players as Deulofeu or Jese..
Italy didn't even qualified :/
To put it into perspective in the Elite qualifying round for that tournament there are several groups of four, and only 1 team from each group qualifies. Italy were put in a group with Spain.....

In the game the teams played Spain won 2-1.

Still, I think Italy have a pretty poor U20 record. When you compare that with their U21 record it maybe says a lot.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
I think on youth level U21 is the main focus. The rest isn't and even then we can see Germany who sends out a B team for the U21 tourney.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
U21: Italy hit four in Slovakia

By Football Italia staff

Italy earned an impressive 4-1 victory away to 10-man Slovakia on Gigi Di Biagio’s Under-21 debut.

The former Under-20 Coach took over from Devis Mangia after the European Championships and many of his players made the step up to Under-21 level with him.

It took just four minutes to get off to the best possible start, as Matteo Politano was sent clear and brought down by goalkeeper Dobrivoj Rusov for a penalty. Inter-owned Lorenzo Crisetig stepped up and converted into the bottom corner.

Francesco Bardi needed a great save to palm a Milan Lalkovic free kick out of the top corner, but could do nothing when Lukas Pauschek got behind defenders to meet a Lalkovic cross.

Bardi almost gifted Slovakia a goal soon after when he completely missed a clearance, but nobody was on hand to take advantage of the howler.

Watford’s Cristian Battocchio set up a good chance, though Leonardo Gatto was unable to make the most of it.

Gatto was more dangerous when sent clear by Andrea Belotti and brough down by Teixeira. It was a clear scoring opportunity, so resulted in another Italy penalty and a red card for the Slovakian defender. Crisetig again took the responsibility and converted his second spot-kick of the evening.

Andrea Belotti should’ve made it 3-1 with a half-volley ballooned over from seven yards, while Samuele Longo and Marco Fossati also had good opportunities.

Italy added their third goal as 19-year-old Belotti ran on to Fossati’s through ball and his angled drive squirmed under goalkeeper Rusov.

Chievo’s Riccardo Improta took the scoreline to 4-1 with an almost identical goal, finishing with his right foot at the near post.

Slovakia 1-4 Italy

Scorers: Crisetig pens 4, 41 (I), Pauscheck 14 (S), Belotti 65 (I), Improta 78 (I)

Slovakia U21: Rusov; Pauschek, Teixeira, Gyömber, Mazan; Lasik, Paur (Hrsosvsky 68); Schranz (Malec 74), Skvarka (Ambra 46), Lalkovic (Meszaros 46); Zrelak (Rusnac 85)

Italy U21: Bardi (Pigliacelli 81); Piccini, Bianchetti (Di Lorenzo 46) (Masi 89), Antei, Biraghi (Frascatore 63); Crisetig (Longo 46), Baselli (Benassi 72); Politano (Improta 63), Battocchio (Piscitella 81), Gatto (Fossati 46); Belotti (Comi 72)

Sent off: Teixeira 40 (S)

----------------------------------------

New team, but pretty difficult to judge the performance or result because of their red card.

Marciano

May 21, 2009
U21: New faces for Belgium and Cyprus
By Football Italia staff

Gigi Di Biagio has called five new faces for the Italy Under-21 games against Cyprus and Belgium, including Kingsley Boateng.

The Coach named his squad for the European Under-21 Championship qualifiers with Matteo Liviero, Davide Zappacosta, Massimiliano Busellato, Salvatore Molina and Boateng receiving their debut calls.

Boateng is owned by Milan, but joined Catania on loan this month. He was born in Ghana, but has already represented Italy at Under-20 level.

They face Belgium in Rieti on September 5 and visit Cyprus on September 9, which will represent Di Biagio’s first competitive games in charge.

GK: Bardi (Livorno), Leali (Spezia), Pigliacelli (Pescara);
D: Antei (Sassuolo), Bianchetti (Verona), Di Lorenzo (Reggina), Frascatore (Pescara), Liviero (Carpi), Masi (Ternana), Sabelli (Bari), Zappacosta (Avellino);
M: Baselli (Atalanta), Battocchio (Watford), Busellato (Cittadella), Crisetig (Crotone), Fossati (Bari), Molina (Modena);
F: Belotti (Albinoleffe), Boateng (Catania), Fedato (Bari), Gatto (Virtus Lanciano), Improta (Chievo Verona), Longo (Verona), Piscitella (Pescara)
Do anyone know why Berradi didn't get the call-up? Is he still in the Under-20 squad?

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Today 21:00 Italy U21 ? - ? Belgium U21

Portieri: Bardi (Livorno), Leali (Spezia), Pigliacelli (Pescara);
Difensori: Antei (Sassuolo), Bianchetti (Verona), Di Lorenzo (Reggina), Frascatore (Pescara), Liviero (Carpi), Masi (Ternana), Sabelli (Bari), Zappacosta (Avellino);
Centrocampisti: Baselli (Atalanta), Battocchio (Watford), Benassi( Livorno), Crisetig (Crotone), Fossati (Bari), Molina (Modena);
Attaccanti: Belotti (Albinoleffe), Boateng (Catania), Fedato (Bari), Gatto (Virtus Lanciano), Improta (Chievo Verona), Longo (Verona), Piscitella (Pescara).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)