The AFC Asian 2007 Cup (1 Viewer)

alex74

Oct 1, 2006
@Alex74

Hoesini has impressed me in the tournament. I didnt know him prior to the tournament, but I thought he has a game that could suit European style. He is physical, doesn't play fancy stuff, and just downright solid. Nekonam is good defensive mid no doubt. But you know, I was more impressed by Teymourian. His movement, and tacticial awareness makes him smashing player for Asian standard. But WHERE IS REAL ALI KARIMI?!!
Teymouriani is exceptional in the squad, and doin very well in bolton too. about karimi, ihave no idea! what a shame :cry: :cry: hopefully now that hes back to the middle east clubs with more playing time he'll find his damn form.

anyway goodluck to all the teams! feels like japan will win it but i want to see a saudi-iraq final :eyebrows:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Teymouriani is exceptional in the squad, and doin very well in bolton too. about karimi, ihave no idea! what a shame :cry: :cry: hopefully now that hes back to the middle east clubs with more playing time he'll find his damn form.

anyway goodluck to all the teams! feels like japan will win it but i want to see a saudi-iraq final :eyebrows:
Come on Korea.

Make this Japan vs Korea final. You can just imagine TV Asahi producers praying in front of some kind of mythical doll saying, "30-40% Ratings".

Either way, I think Japan vs Korea, or Iraq vs Saudi are both outstanding fixture for AFC. If former you can imagine a big revenue boost for the host of final and AFC through gate and TV money, whereas the latter will get unprecedented media attention around the world I suspect.

alex74

Oct 1, 2006
the iraq coach (viera?) almost brought me to tears, and i dont even follow the iraqi team, that bit where he teared up n pushed away the camera was so emotional:oops: :p

OP
Rami

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #228
    hahaha in teh v-bookie i bet on south korea and saudi as winners........

at 16/1 i want saudi to win
    And you got your wish my friend!!:toast:

3-2 to Saudi, and Malik running rings around the Japs! What an amazing match from both sides!

I guess Jun-Hide fascination with the Yasser-Malik duo is justified, and he go to taste their fury!

Forza Saudi Arabia!!

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002

3-2 to Saudi, and Malik running rings around the Japs! What an amazing match from both sides!

I guess Jun-Hide fascination with the Yasser-Malik duo is justified, and he go to taste their fury!

Forza Saudi Arabia!!

I have to say sorry to Saudi Arabia after I severely under-estimated having beaten them 3-0 in the qualifying round. I think it is a classic case of having 9 better players, but two striker is so good, that those 9 really doesnt matter at all.

I am extremely disappointed to say the least that my dream final Japan vs Korea didnt materialize, but my word, Malek, I think Abe Yuki, Kaji Akira, and Nakazawa Yuji will be having some sleepless night after this one. I need to get some beer. Congratulations to Saudi and Iraq. May be the best team win.

I need to get some beer.

OP
    Rami

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #230
    جاكم الإعصار ما شيء إعيقه.....منتخبنا اليوم وخر عن طريقه

Woooohooo!!

Translation available on demand :D

Hardluck, Jun-Hide....But why would you underestimate the Saudis? You should know better, since your Asian! The Saudi performance in the WC is something, and in Asia totally another thing...which is a shame, but you should've known that man!!

alex74

Oct 1, 2006

Woooohooo!!

Hardluck, Jun-Hide....But why would you underestimate the Saudis? You should know better, since your Asian! The Saudi performance in the WC is something, and in Asia totally another thing...which is a shame, but you should've known that man!!
    mabrook Rami... yalla inshala u win it :p
    i was so excited for a saudi-iraq final

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002

Woooohooo!!

Sorry Atropos. You know I havent been too impressed by Saudi over last 7-8 years or so. I mean, last tournament you guys were knocked out in the Group Stage, not winning Gulf Cup, and as well as WC. And I thought you team performance was dire in that 3-0 defeat in the qualifiers. I know there is double over Koreans, but you know those Koreans will never beat you guys even if you fielded your youth team.

That is why I have to eat huge humble pie. I underestimated Saudi's, and how emphatically I was proved wrong. Our media too more or less expected us to go through, and most of the attention was about presumed final with Korea many stating that this was our "Real" final in the Asian Cup for the first time.

I really like your team man. Defence still looks suspect but those two forwards my word you guys can flat out play. Malek, Yasser Top class. Al Mousa, you got a jewel in him if he is young. No 11, got potential to be a screamer, you dont find chances that easily like him without any talent. After somewhat inauspicious start against Koreans you guys came alive since then, and never looked back, and Saudi win the tournament, you are worthy winners in every way. More frightening thing is, you guys can only get better.

Just get a keeper who can effectively deal crosses, enforcer in the Center Mid and a towering CB, then you guys can make noise in the World Cup as well. Only reason why you guys not doing well in the World Cup is because those European take advantage your weakness in the air with crosses. In Asia, nobody can really expose your weakness that well, so your strenght of individual skill, agility, and invention shines brightly.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    mabrook Rami... yalla inshala u win it :p
    i was so excited for a saudi-iraq final
    Can anyone give me some info on rivarly between Iraq and Saudi.

My heart says Iraq, but I feel Saudi probably deserved more to win this tournament with string of impressive performances.

Suhail

An The Inter Fu**er
    Dec 3, 2006
    Iraq vs saudi in the final should be a great game !!!

Im supportin iraq our neighbours .... :oops: what a achievement it would be for a war-torn country to win the asian cup ... :cool: :D

Stunning .... cant believe we went out to the koreans now watching iraq beat them ...

:p team melli for life .... but hey

COME ON IRAQ

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005

Forza Saudi Arabia!!
    Man it was a fantastic game.. I still cannot beleive the result.. We played like Eagles.. We played with pride. Definately the best game in the tornament till now. All 5 goals were nice. Especially, Malik's final goal.. He ran circles are the Japs defenders.
    Very competitive National Team Japan has. They might have played the best football in this tornament. I am glad our national team finally decided to win against Japan. Its been a while..

Rami, I was watching the game with a group of friends at Casper (I wanted to to go to Mucho's but it was fully booked). Still Casper was good enough. We were like 12. And there was another table with 12 people in it. Both of the tables put the place upside down.. Amazing atmosphere, especially after the 3rd goal.

Yallah 3ogbal al final yoom al a7ad.. :)

I hope our players don't get over the heads and concetrate on Sundays game.

Forza Saudi Arabia.

ararossi

Jun 6, 2007
    This tournament is turning out to be a fairy tale for Iraq well done, The team has shown great character and determination to get this far actually Iraq and japan are two teams that have impressed me the most, hats off to S Korea for bringing a young team and doing well and also for Saudi Arabia with a young team(Great Forward Play) for some how matching and beating Japan although they rode their luck a couple of times but in this game u make your own luck.Good Luck to Both teams in the final but somehow get the feeling if it pans out like the World cup than Iraq will win it somehow for their beleagured nation.

lavenderguy

Feb 28, 2005
    man, that no 9 saudi guy Malek is damn quick...i can;t believe he will shoot for the 3rd goal from that position, but excellent goal, credit to him!!
    One thing i was very furious was the attitude of saudi keeper...he fell down and rolled over and over again as if he has shot in his chest by ak47...it was not a sportsman behaviour and it was a big SHAME to the greatest AFC game so far...
    i hope the best team wins..=)
    Sad to see Japan out, they played wonderfully, bear in the mind, this is not the strongest J team, Takahara was too isolated, he should have a better, stronger striking partner...but i am sure Japan will come back again, in terms of team overall performance, Japan still come out on top..

Omair

Herticity
    Sep 27, 2006
    Saudis here and there .. Congrats ... The boys yesterday were absolutely brilliant ...

the game was also amazing .. a very competitive Japanese team and a willing Saudi team .. The best team won in the end ... :D ...

OK guys one step to go .. I'm satisfied though with your performance up until now ... If you lose to Iraq I will congratulate both of you with a smile :) .. But hey I know you can win it :D ...

هذا اﻷخضر جاكم اشتعل .. خلوا البطولة للبطل

and that could go either way :p

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    man, that no 9 saudi guy Malek is damn quick...i can;t believe he will shoot for the 3rd goal from that position, but excellent goal, credit to him!!
    Malek is unbelievable player. I reckon there isnt a better forward than him in Asia. Yasser gets all the goals like Inzaghi, but IMO Malek is the one who possess the creativity, movement, to unlock the defence. The reason I feared Malek is that he is extremely difficult to pick up. You can't give him to much room because he can dribble at you, but if you stay too close to him, he simply moves deep into his own terriority, starts attack from there leaving defence totally shapeless. One thing for sure though, Malek and Yasser complement each other extremely well, espcially on the break.

One thing i was very furious was the attitude of saudi keeper...he fell down and rolled over and over again as if he has shot in his chest by ak47...it was not a sportsman behaviour and it was a big SHAME to the greatest AFC game so far...
    I agree. I thought Saudi keeper played a bit of gamesmanship out there. Fair enough to him, he wasnt half as bad as Iraqi keeper, who went down like he was shot everytime he made a save or tow.

Sad to see Japan out, they played wonderfully, bear in the mind, this is not the strongest J team, Takahara was too isolated, he should have a better, stronger striking partner...but i am sure Japan will come back again, in terms of team overall performance, Japan still come out on top..
    Good mention on Takahara my friend. I have expressed my doubts on Maki. As a matter of fact, I have never been impressed with him eversince he made his debut under Zico with East-Asia Cup. Maki is a real good boy. I guarantee you that. He recently got married so that he can concentrate on his game and make himself fully available for Asia Cup and World Cup. That alone makes him coaches' favorite. Add to that Osim coached Maki for many years under Chiba JEF Utd. you know Maki was bound to be given a lot of minutes in this competition. The problem is that coming into competition his goal ration was 5 goals in 20 games. Choi Jae-Jin who is currently top scorer in J-League and has a slightly better strike ratio than Maki career wise, can't get a goal in this competition, the chances of Maki scoring is pretty much zero (bar Vietnam of course). Maki works his socks off for teammates, but at this level of competition, you got to have a bit of edge, and beside, his movement overlaps too much with Takahara. Pity Sato isnt too much upgrade either.

If this team is to improve we got find a quality segunda punta like Saudi's. Oguro, Tanaka, Tamada, Suzuki, Yanigisawa, Kubo are some of the strikers that played over the years, but none of them really impressed. My bet is on Morimoto Takayuki. The kid can be a real phenom even for a European standards. I mean how many Asian players will dare to meg Carlos when he was just 16. And look out for Mizuno. I secretly hoped he will be given chance in his competition, but believe me, once he matures as a player, you want find a better playmaker in Asia than Mizuno. With his looks, he got potential to take up the mantle left by Nakata as a heart throb.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)