The AFC Asian 2007 Cup (1 Viewer)

OP
Rami

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #241
    Malek is unbelievable player. I reckon there isnt a better forward than him in Asia. Yasser gets all the goals like Inzaghi, but IMO Malek is the one who possess the creativity, movement, to unlock the defence. The reason I feared Malek is that he is extremely difficult to pick up. You can't give him to much room because he can dribble at you, but if you stay too close to him, he simply moves deep into his own terriority, starts attack from there leaving defence totally shapeless. One thing for sure though, Malek and Yasser complement each other extremely well, espcially on the break.

What are the possibilities of those two to make it in Europe, in your opinion?

And really Yasser's style is like Pippo? I really don't see that, Yasser has much better dribbling skills, supports in building attacks, sometimes goes to the flanks, supports in defence, and actually a good leader...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002

And really Yasser's style is like Pippo? I really don't see that, Yasser has much better dribbling skills, supports in building attacks, sometimes goes to the flanks, supports in defence, and actually a good leader...
    First of all, I think you have to find European takers. From what I hear, your players get serious sums, probably much better than what they will be getting playing for lesser leagues in Europe such as France, Belgium, Holland, etc. That is the only way you can progressively establish yourself in the European game. That is just my 50cents observing various Asian players moving to Europe. Hence, I don't really see why your players will move and try out Europe. They get treated as kings I guess, gets handsome sum, and live in a country that fits their life style. The same thing is happening in Japan as well. J-League is starting to establish itself as a viable league, which means players are getting decent money, and publicly recognised figure. I wouldnt say the status has equalled or exceeded baseball players, but it is just matter of time. Hence, we are seeing less and less players testing their luck in Europe. They just don't want to bother themselves with the hardship of playing for Le Mans, Standard Liege, Treviso etc. Miyamoto Tsuneyoshi former captain of our NT had opportunity to join Treviso just before WC. But you know, when you are often voted as the sexiest sportsmen in Japan, as well as regularly popping up in top 20 or 30 list, the challenge of playing Treviso isnt too enticing, hence he decided to stay.

Having said that, I think Malek got more overall game than Yasser, which makes him extremely versatille, and more suitable for European leagues. I can imagine him playing as wingforward in Europe, and I think he will do well. The guy got serious skills, and you can see, technical wise, he is equal to Shunsuke who had decent years in Reggina and got player of the year in Scotland. I was just comparing Yasser to Pippo because they got that eye for goal inside the box. Neither of them are best of finishers adimittingly, but you know they are not scared to miss, and always looking for space to score goals. Obviously Yasser got more skills, but just I doubt he is going to be successful in Europe relying on skill, because there are far more skillful players there. But I definetely want to see him Europe. The goal he scored against us is the type which will get him bread and butter. His goal ratio is similar to Ali Daei, and you know Daei had pretty good career in Europe so I cant see why Yasser, whom I reckon is probably better, cant be successful in Europe.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    COME ON JAPAN!

LETS BEAT THOSE KOREANS

I DONT GIVE A F**K ABOUT WINNING THE CUP OR NOT. BEAT KOREANS AND EVERYTHING WILL BE FORGOTTEN!

Osim said he is going to leave out many stars for this game. The last time we played Korea neither of us fieled first team, with Zico deciding to use East Asia Cup to show "No men have rights to starting shirts". Ironically, Nakazawa coming on as a sub scored a winner in 81mins. This is a game where stars are made. Maki more or less won his spot in this team by making a corner from which Nakazawa scored a winner. Murai got two weeks of media exposure for playing well in Korean fixture. Mizuno show me what you got. We know you raped Korean U21 which won the hearts of all of us. Now make that step up in the senior level, as I believe you are the heart of future NT. And look out for Korean left winger, Kihun. I think this boy can play serious ball. He is in my books a best left winger in Asia with arguably sweetest left foot after Shunsuke. If we can keep him and Chunsoo under control we shoud win the match by the virtue of our superior midfield.

Only pity thing is that this isnt the final. God knows how much media exposure and hype would have gone in to this match if this was the final.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    I am totally drained after watching that match. I don't think I will have the energy to watch another game for a considerable time. Sato's two chances, Nakazawa's point blank shot, Hanyu's shot clearance, I never seen so many chances not being taken. Credit to Korea, I have been somewhat sceptical of their defence, especially since they are young, but my words, they are good. Right back, what machine. He could run marathon. Left-back, another machine. Problem for our strikers. Two machine pumping up and down all the time. And that substitute defender, he makes a goal clearance not even knowing the ball was going to hit him. Hanyu's mental breakdown after the miss, more or less sum up my mood. Congratulation to Korera. I can't say they deserved it but they definitely earnt it through hard work.

But I have to what man Suzuki. Only if he could be technical a bit better; he would be our best player easily.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003

they certainly have the quality to play in europe, i hope they get the chance to do so and they should aim to start small with some of the unknown league's just to gain the experience. Just like what Al Habsi from Oman did

OP
    Rami

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #252
    Oh well congrats to Iraq!

I think our fault was our GK, he is horrible with high balls, but Iraq fully deserved to win the final, and despite what lots of members over here fail to fathom, I am not even half gutted had the winner been a non-Arab team.

Our whole team was non-existent, defense as usual lacking, and our mid and forward weren't working in tandem at all, it was a disaster.

However, I think that there was a deserved penalty for Aziz, but maybe that's my bias talking.

In the end I also must say, that if we were to choose a team based on the whole tournament, I believe that the Saudis should take the honor. Scoring 12 goals in 6 matches, and playing superb free flowing football. But again that might be my bias also!

In the end, congrats to Iraq, and our boys did their job and more, I am looking forward for a strong 2010 team that would raise eyebrows like 94.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS...

Champinos of Asia :weee: :weee:

A great game from Irak, from tatctical and fighting point of view.. the dominated the whole game. I have never seen such a one sided final for such a long time. Saudis were shocked about the superiority of Irak.

And Rami that might have been a penalty. but Also Irak should have had a penalty after a foul from the keeper ;)

OP
    Rami

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #256
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS...

Champinos of Asia :weee: :weee:

A great game from Irak, from tatctical and fighting point of view.. the dominated the whole game. I have never seen such a one sided final for such a long time. Saudis were shocked about the superiority of Irak.

And Rami that might have been a penalty. but Also Irak should have had a penalty after a foul from the keeper ;)
    Na that wasn't a penalty, the Iraki player had pushed the ball way too hard to ever be able to regain control ;)

But again, refer to my previous post, if there is any fault with that logic :p

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
    Na that wasn't a penalty, the Iraki player had pushed the ball way too hard to ever be able to regain control ;)

But again, refer to my previous post, if there is any fault with that logic :p
    it is not important where the ball was, but the keeper did fouled him.. anyway also congratulations to KSA.. they did played a very good tourement with such a young team..:pint:

OP
    Rami

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #258
    it is not important where the ball was, but the keeper did fouled him.. anyway also congratulations to KSA.. they did played a very good tourement with such a young team..:pint:
    Yup they seem to have got the nation back to the NT, after the last decades failings, interest was at an all time low.

I for one used to swear that I will never follow them again after each failing, but when any cup comes around the corner, my heart fails me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)