The AFC Asian 2007 Cup (1 Viewer)

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Going to start on 7-7-7! I am especially excited because this is the first time the Aussies will part of this cup! More Info:

GROUPS

Group A
Australia-Iraq-Oman-Thailand

Group B
Japan-Qatar-UAE-Vietnam

Group C
China-Iran-Malaysia-Uzbekistan

Group D
Bahrain-Indonesia-South Korea-Saudi Arabia

Fixtures:

MatchDay 1
7/7/0719:35
ThailandvIraq
Rajamangala National Stadium, Bangkok, THA

8/7/0717:20
AustraliavOman

19:35
VietnamvUAE
My Dinh National Stadium, Hanoi, VIE

9/7/0717:20
JapanvQatar

10/7/0717:20
IndonesiavBahrain
Gelora Bung Karno Stadium, Jakarta, IDN

20:35
MalaysiavChina
National Stadium Bukit Jalil, Kuala Lumpur, MAS

11/7/0718:20
IranvUzbekistan

Korea RepublicvSaudi Arabia

MatchDay 2 12/7/0717:20
OmanvThailand

QatarvVietnam

13/7/0717:20
IraqvAustralia

UAEvJapan

14/7/0718:20
UzbekistanvMalaysia

Saudi ArabiavIndonesia

15/7/0718:20
ChinavIran

BahrainvKorea Republic

MatchDay 3 16/7/0717:20
QatarvUAE
Army Stadium, Ho Chi Minh City, VIE

17:20
VietnamvJapan

ThailandvAustralia

OmanvIraq
Supachalasai Stadium, Bangkok, THA

18/7/0717:20
IndonesiavKorea Republic

17:20
Saudi ArabiavBahrain
Jaka Baring Stadium, Palembang, IDN

MalaysiavIran

UzbekistanvChina
Shah Alam Stadium, Kuala Lumpur, MAS

MatchDay 4 21/7/0717:20Quarter-Final 3
B 1stvA 2nd

20:20Quarter-Final 1
A 1stvB 2nd

22/7/0718:20Quarter-Final 2
C 1stvD 2nd

20:20Quarter-Final 4
D 1stvC 2nd

MatchDay 5 25/7/0718:20Semi-Final 1
Winner QF1vWinner QF2

20:20Semi-Final 2

Winner QF3vWinner QF4

MatchDay 6 28/7/0719:353/4th Place
Jaka Baring Stadium, Palembang, IDN
Loser SF1vLoser SF2

MatchDay 7 29/7/0719:35Final
Winner SF1vWinner SF2

All match times are local to venue

Forza Saudi Arabia :weee::weee::weee:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Iraq has always been a major power in Asia, I don't know why you think they are underdogs (or at least I think you think:D)
well tbh i dont really follow asian football, always thought japan and china in particular were the main powers of asia, it wasnt till i saw the iraqi olympic side did i think that in the future they will be a very good team, on par with mexico to one day progress further than expected or even win a major international tourny like the wc.

OP
Rami

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #6
    well tbh i dont really follow asian football, always thought japan and china in particular were the main powers of asia, it wasnt till i saw the iraqi olympic side did i think that in the future they will be a very good team, on par with mexico to one day progress further than expected or even win a major international tourny like the wc.
    Well basically there are two camps over here, east and west.

East: Japan and South Korea lead, while North Korea and China kinda come second to them.

West:Saudi Arabia and Iran, while Iraq and UAE kinda trails a bit behind them. Recently we have seen the rise of Bahrain and Jordan.

We also recently saw the rise of the Uzbeks, which is kinda in between east and west.

But comon Iraq winning the WC? don't be so ridiculous.

/usr/bin

Excellent
    Mar 6, 2005

East: Japan and South Korea lead, while North Korea and China kinda come second to them.

West:Saudi Arabia and Iran, while Iraq and UAE kinda trails a bit behind them. Recently we have seen the rise of Bahrain and Jordan.

We also recently saw the rise of the Uzbeks, which is kinda in between east and west.

Ahem, please do not associate us with Jordan, ffs :D

If anything, my Bahrain can (and has done so more than enough times) whoop your Saudi Arabia's ass ;)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006

well y not? i bet u never imagined greece winning a european title and looking at iraq's olympic team and what u tell me its quite possible, but i still hold my bet that within the next 12 yrs mexico will win a wc

OP
    Rami

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #9
    Ahem, please do not associate us with Jordan, ffs :D

If anything, my Bahrain can (and has done so more than enough times) whoop your Saudi Arabia's ass ;)
    Well you two choked :D

And Juve failed to win against Spezia, Rimini, and Albino Leffe this year ;)

OP
    Rami

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #10
    well y not? i bet u never imagined greece winning a european title and looking at iraq's olympic team and what u tell me its quite possible, but i still hold my bet that within the next 12 yrs mexico will win a wc
    Well, the European Championship has always had surprise winners, just take a look at how the Danes won in 92. But the World Cup is kind of different, I don't think any WC winner was totally unexpected and pulled an upset over the rest as Greece did.

Not gonna happen, I know that for a fact ;) Unless the "liberators" could actually pull some major social changes in the country :p

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    Well, the European Championship has always had surprise winners, just take a look at how the Danes won in 92. But the World Cup is kind of different, I don't think any WC winner was totally unexpected and pulled an upset over the rest as Greece did.

Not gonna happen, I know that for a fact ;) Unless the "liberators" could actually pull some major social changes in the country :p
    well theres always a surprise package in any tournament, perhaps iraq wont win a wc but im confident they will bring great admiration from the footballing world 1 day

OP
    Rami

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #12
    well theres always a surprise package in any tournament, perhaps iraq wont win a wc but im confident they will bring great admiration from the footballing world 1 day
    Iraq was great in Athens, very true, I cheered for them from the top of my lungs. But I also wouldn't be surprised if a certain someone in Capitol Hill actually pulled some strings to give them a nudge ;)

Iraq already played in the WC back in 86, they did well (for Asian standards), but still Asian football has a very long way to go. Asia is even behind Africa. The continent that the so-called best player in the world expected a representative from it to win!

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    Iraq was great in Athens, very true, I cheered for them from the top of my lungs. But I also wouldn't be surprised if a certain someone in Capitol Hill actually pulled some strings to give them a nudge ;)

Iraq already played in the WC back in 86, they did well (for Asian standards), but still Asian football has a very long way to go. Asia is even behind Africa. The continent that the so-called best player in the world expected a representative from it to win!
    my dream is to see hong kong lift the wc 1 day :)

just like i did it on fm when i beat brazil 1-0 in the finals with a last min winner after brazil seiged my area, and the 1 counter attack i had lead to the winner

OP
    Rami

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #14
    my dream is to see hong kong lift the wc 1 day :)

just like i did it on fm when i beat brazil 1-0 in the finals with a last min winner after brazil seiged my area, and the 1 counter attack i had lead to the winner
    Wow thats a feat, I never tried to manage such a small country. Perhaps your great great great great grandson will see that :p

OP
    Rami

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #19
    How many Co-Hosts are there? 3,4?? Thats just stupid.
    4. This way it is feasible economically in these poorer countries, and since all 4 aren't really "powers" in Asia, it would boost the sport.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)