The 4-yr. old Preacher (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Are you serious? You can tell gravity is the one doing it. You falling from the chair is the same thing as feeling it.

That's another way to put it.
I disagree but you're over thinking my analogy anyway.

E, I don't believe you actually feel the lack of gravity...it's more like you feel the difference from when you're on land.

Buy on AliExpress.com

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
The biggest problems with non-believers is that they want the service before they do business. Like I'd fly you to Paris and then expect to be paid. Makes total sense :rolleyes: That doesn't work in our world and it certainly almost never works with faith.
Whilst, you theists expect people to believe something which ostensibly isn't a real thing. Like you telling me to jump from the plane because I've an invisible parachute. That's not how the real world works :blah: you actively engage in the service without any evidence that the 'business' will ever take place.

You can't say, the hand of god in our lives is fact, but you can't know until you've felt it. That's like something a 7 year old would say.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Never said it was a fact, it's a belief. And I don't expect you to believe anything...my maker will judge me & me alone. You do your thang, I don't care ;)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I disagree but you're over thinking my analogy anyway.

E, I don't believe you actually feel the lack of gravity...it's more like you feel the difference from when you're on land.
I guess it's your right to believe in gravity or not believe in gravity.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
The biggest problems with non-believers is that they want the service before they do business. Like I'd fly you to Paris and then expect to be paid. Makes total sense :rolleyes: That doesn't work in our world and it certainly almost never works with faith.
Some of us just don't care how we get to Paris.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Never said it was a fact, it's a belief. And I don't expect you to believe anything...my maker will judge me & me alone. You do your thang, I don't care ;)
That's fine and I'd never tell you to stop believing what you want, but when you say that something is 'real' In my mind, you've opened it up to challenge by brining it into the observable universe, if you get what I mean.

Some of us just don't care how we get to Paris.
Some of us thinks Paris is a shithole.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Tell me, Andrea, I read one of your posts in this thread where you said something along the lines of 'hell is the absense of god'. By this, do you mean to suggest that hell, and its opposite, heaven, actually exist or are just a state of mind? I.e., do you think there actually exists a place called heaven and hell, or are they a metaphor for state of mind?
No its a state of being and a place on a different astral plane.

Sep 1, 2002
These gods can't lose can they: if they answer your prayers then they are mighty, if not it is for your own good but you don't realise it yet.
If you win the lottery of life it is god's gift, but if you are tortured, downtrodden, starved, or cancer ridden your reward awaits in the afterlife.

If in one of the thousand pages of scripture a vague (Nostradamus like) reference is made about the wonder of the world, scientific evidence will be used to show just how prophetic the scriptures are and how god's magisty is at the heart of creation.

Més que un Dios.

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
These gods can't lose can they: if they answer your prayers then they are mighty, if not it is for your own good but you don't realise it yet.
If you win the lottery of life it is god's gift, but if you are tortured, downtrodden, starved, or cancer ridden your reward awaits in the afterlife.

If in one of the thousand pages of scripture a vague (Nostradamus like) reference is made about the wonder of the world, scientific evidence will be used to show just how prophetic the scriptures are and how god's magisty is at the heart of creation.

Més que un Dios.
Your a very angry sad little man.

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
Cut it out or this thread won't last.
Listen man I spent hours yesterday trying to talk to him I'm a nice calm and friendly manner. All he did was mock, whine yell, curse and berate my beliefs. I even offered my prayers as I said goodnight and he told me off. There is no reason for him to he antagonistic. We are discussing things here and he adds nothing to the discussion just btterness and angst

Sep 1, 2002
If God could lose you'd ask why. Make up your mind :lol2:

Something happen in your life recently bianconero? All this came out of left field :confused:
No, I asked these questions when I was 6 and still do whenthee mood takes me there, but to be honest, if there were to be a god I would face him at the end of my life and ask the same god damn questions, and if the answers weren't good enough I would gather like minds and kick god out of heaven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)