The 4-yr. old Preacher (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
So you think science has proved this as impossible or do you believe science just cant speak.to these things? There are alot if things science cant speak to. Does that make them impossible?
Yes, of course. Those things are factually impossible, people can not do these things - fact. Not today, and certainly not 2000 years ago. Now if you want to believe that divine people achieved these things then it goes back to the issue of faith again, there is no evidence.

It's 99.9% more likely that these events are figurative rather than literal. And so it removes authenticity for these people as miracle workers.

Buy on AliExpress.com

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Yes, of course. Those things are factually impossible, people can not do these things - fact. Not today, and certainly not 2000 years ago. Now if you want to believe that divine people achieved these things then it goes back to the issue of faith again, there is no evidence.

It's 99.9% more likely that these events are figurative rather than literal. And so it removes authenticity for these people as miracle workers.
So the ressurection is figurative and all those people who went to their death for that belief died for a figurative ressurectiom. I see. Once again all.you non believers try using more than your five senses. You guys are.so commited .to your proof that if you saw something with your own eyes you would dismiss it.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
It is you that have to provide the proof that it is real not us, a man cannot die for three days and come back to life. So far that is proven.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
So the ressurection is figurative and all those people who went to their death for that belief died for a figurative ressurectiom. I see. Once again all.you non believers try using more than your five senses. You guys are.so commited .to your proof that if you saw something with your own eyes you would dismiss it.
I was responding to a post about how we should use evidence to debate....

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
It is you that have to provide the proof that it is real not us, a man cannot die for three days and come back to life. So far that is proven.
In my eyes I listed the proof multiple times in this thread but.no one wants to.admit that these cowards at the time of crucifixion went on and died for their belief in a ressurected Christ never denouncing that belief. They saw a ressurected Christ they died.for that belief as courageous lions not cowardly sheep

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Wait, wait, wait.

Are people now saying that walking on water, ressurecting the dead, turning water into wine, etc are actually possible if you really believe in it? Like, for realz?

OP
Sheik Yerbouti
Apr 15, 2006
  • Thread Starter #829
    Look up padre pio as one such miracle worker. Their are but you wouldnt know because that isn't something that matters to you
    While some of the "miracles" I read just now are questionable, I'll indulge you for a bit. Let's say he did perform these miracles as he claims, what is the ratio of believers who were able to perform miracles against those who could not? What does that tell about the probability of having faith and being able to perform miracles?

If the Pope, someone who you'd imagine has utmost faith in Jesus, cannot perform miracles, then what reason do you have to think you or anyone else can? If the Pope could perform miracles, then why wouldn't he heal AIDS victims in Africa instead of telling them not to use condoms?

It simply does not make sense.

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
    While some of the "miracles" I read just now are questionable, I'll indulge you for a bit. Let's say he did perform these miracles as he claims, what is the ratio of believers who were able to perform miracles against those who could not? What does that tell about the probability of having faith and being able to perform miracles?

If the Pope, someone who you'd imagine has utmost faith in Jesus, cannot perform miracles, then what reason do you have to think you or anyone else can? If the Pope could perform miracles, then why wouldn't he heal AIDS victims in Africa instead of telling them not to use condoms?

It simply does not make sense.
    Just because one is pope or priest or pastor.that does not infer more faith nor does it infer complete faith

OP
    Sheik Yerbouti
    Apr 15, 2006
  • Thread Starter #831
    In that case, we'll also dismiss it if we cannot see something with our own eyes. Fair enough? :D

OP
    Sheik Yerbouti
    Apr 15, 2006
  • Thread Starter #834
    Just because one is pope or priest or pastor.that does not infer more faith nor does it infer complete faith
    The head of a faith organization does not have utmost and complete faith. Well isn't that just freakin' dandy!

Hang on a minute... IIRC, didn't you say it yourself that mankind nowadays can never have the same level of faith as before? In essence, no matter how much faith you have, you cannot perform the miracles, right?

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
    The head of a faith organization does not have utmost and complete faith. Well isn't that just freakin' dandy!

Hang on a minute... IIRC, didn't you say it yourself that mankind nowadays can never have the same level of faith as before? In essence, no matter how much faith you have, you cannot perform the miracles, right?
    Well someone somewhere might have that faith no one knows. An example of the above my priest does not have more faith than me maybe more devotion or dedication but nit faith. Then again only God knows our hearts

OP
    Sheik Yerbouti
    Apr 15, 2006
  • Thread Starter #836
    I dont think that I believe in miracles still to this day, i have actually experienced some in my short life. I just believe that people dont believe like they used to and faith even in the faithful is weak. Jesus said" If you have faith the size of a mustard seed and say to a mountain move the mountain will move" and he said " If you have faith in me as I in you then you can also do these things " in reference to his miracles. I believe in this day and age when the mystery about alot has been removed the wonder and faith is harder to hold onto or keep. I also believe that it is on purpose to test our faith
    AHAA! So in conclusion, we can never have enough faith to perform miracles. So god is the only one that can perform miracles.

Sheik 1 - Andrea 0

OP
    Sheik Yerbouti
    Apr 15, 2006
  • Thread Starter #837
    Well someone somewhere might have that faith no one knows. An example of the above my priest does not have more faith than me maybe more devotion or dedication but nit faith. Then again only God knows our hearts
    Faith is not even quantifiable. Not measurable. How can you say that a priest does not have more or less faith than you or anyone?

OP
    Sheik Yerbouti
    Apr 15, 2006
  • Thread Starter #840
    I was using it as an example just because his position is that of priest or pope doesnt make his faith greater than any believer.
    What constitutes greater faith? Blind belief in more illogical non-sense that your holy book claims?
    Nope saints prophets etc can

Its sad how you treat this as a game
    It's sad how you treat this as reality.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)