That Totti such a nasty person! (2 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Oh of course, we shouldn't judge the severity of this incident according to Ramelow's injuries, because Totti's intentions were clear.

I' m with you Martin, and I mentioned earlier in another thread that the authorities seem to have gone soft recently. First Mutu's ridiculously lenient ban, now this absence of justice in the fact of one of the most malicious actions I've seen on a football pitch in a long time... doesn't exactly send out a resounding message to players that this kind of crap will not be tolerated :(

Buy on AliExpress.com

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
worst of all he was shown a mere yellow card for an offence that should have given him a couple of months on the sidelines.

the problem is not just with the authorities but the refs as well.

but on the other hand,if he was sent off uefa might have settled for the automatic 3 match suspension and not looked into the matter in the first place.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I don't get it. 7 months for cocaine, for all we know that could have been just a single instance too. In contrast, a yellow card for stamping on a player who's down with all your weight.. :rolleyes: FFS, for elbowing you'd already get a few matches in the stands, why shouldn't this deserve a lot more?

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
and at about the same time in the san siro,adriano got his marching orders for a justified(albeit over the top) reaction to a foul.:rolleyes:

what fifa needs to enforce here is consistency.i know it's hard cos football constantly churns out unprecedented events that officials have to deal with within seconds of their happening but what happened this week has set a very bad standard for refereeing imo.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
I don't get it. 7 months for cocaine, for all we know that could have been just a single instance too.
and didn't ferdinand get 8 months for missing a test?:wth:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
and didn't ferdinand get 8 months for missing a test?:wth:
Again, it's about consistency.

So because he missed a test, they assume he's more guilty than a player who tested positive for cocaine? I don't really see the logic in that.

Imagine if players started to say "Hey, I might get a 2 year ban for using ____, so I'll just miss the test and get away with the 8 months" :wallbang:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
and at about the same time in the san siro,adriano got his marching orders for a justified(albeit over the top) reaction to a foul .:rolleyes:

what fifa needs to enforce here is consistency.i know it's hard cos football constantly churns out unprecedented events that officials have to deal with within seconds of their happening but what happened this week has set a very bad standard for refereeing imo.
If it was up to me, i wouldn't Ban Adriano or anything, because he was defending himself like any other, I agree with the red card he took , but the ref should send off also the Valencia asshole

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Again, it's about consistency.

So because he missed a test, they assume he's more guilty than a player who tested positive for cocaine? I don't really see the logic in that.

Imagine if players started to say "Hey, I might get a 2 year ban for using ____, so I'll just miss the test and get away with the 8 months" :wallbang:
yeah, that's stupid

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
it's more along the lines of:

"If I admit i took them drugs,i get 7 months.If I miss the test,I get 8.Might as well give it a miss and spend the time snorting some coke."

:rolleyes:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
it's more along the lines of:

"If I admit i took them drugs,i get 7 months.If I miss the test,I get 8.Might as well give it a miss and spend the time snorting some coke."

:rolleyes:
:wallbang: it gets worse

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
I don't mean to take anything away from Ramelow's injuries at all, but to me it looks like they spread some of that stuff around on purpose to make it look worse than it was . Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it hurt like hell and he took some serious damage, but the staining's a bit overboard IMO.

Of course if the 'substance' is blood , I take it all back and Totti should be shot
The doctor may have applied antisepctic lotion and rubbed it on Ramelow's back which it leads to that colour when dried.

That could be dried blood stains. But they r yellow? Cannot say for sure bout this 1.

Only a yellow card for Totti's disgusting action? UEFA is now taking a look at the video and r thinking appropriate action on Totti's misconduct. Hope that UEFA will implement the riteful ban for Totti.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
I actually think Mutu's ban was about right. Rio's was completely ridiculous, he should not have even been banned. Totti should get sent to a firing squad for that, I'm sure we'd all have no objections

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
i think what led to the length of rio's ban is that he was suspected of using performance enhancing drugs,not recreational ones.that'd explain why mutu's ban is shorter.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Yeah but "suspected" is one thing, actually using them is another. He just forgot, he missed a drugs test, ffs!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
Yeah but "suspected" is one thing, actually using them is another. He just forgot, he missed a drugs test, ffs!
Well that could make people suspect that he intentially missed the drugs test, which was the basis of the case for the FA.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
fine but he still shouldn't have been banned, just immediately re-tested, and perhaps warned or fined

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)