That Totti such a nasty person! (1 Viewer)

OP

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #121
    IF Totti had done nothing would any of you be complaining right now?

So why when he actually does something do you complain about hmi?

Face it, none of your players are doing anything, I cant see Moggi the multi-billionaire or whatever, I dont hear you complaining about them, oh while where at it, I dont see DP donationing 200,000, so why are you complain when Totti actually DOES something?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++

Face it, none of your players are doing anything, I cant see Moggi the multi-billionaire or whatever, I dont hear you complaining about them, oh while where at it, I dont see DP donationing 200,000, so why are you complain when Totti actually DOES something?

++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

Speaking of children, Juve raised and gave a lot of money to a children's hospital in Italy last year, as well as making a CD and video to help raise money. It was called "Il Mio Canto libero" IIRC.

Besides, as gray said, Appiah does a lot of work for children in Ghana, I'm pretty sure Pessotto gives charity to childrens hospitals. Just because you dont know about it doesnt mean it isnt happening.

gray

Apr 22, 2003

I think you're totally missing the point here Nicole. We're not criticising Totti for doing what he did, but you have to understand that it's gonna take more than some spare change out of Totti's pocket to convince anyone that he's such a kind, sweet person. I'm not saying that it matters what we think, but it's the truth, we're stubborn like that. Perhaps more importantly (in the public's eyes) than the amount of money though is Totti's motive for doing such a thing, which is also questionable.
    Face it, none of your players are doing anything.
    I cant see Moggi the multi-billionaire or whatever, I dont hear you complaining about them, oh while where at it, I dont see DP donationing 200,000, so why are you complain when Totti actually DOES something?
    As Zlatan said, just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. In fact that's exactly how I'd want my players to do their charity work: out of the public's eye

OP

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #124
    i dont believe that Juve's players are so much more kinder that they do it without publicity

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    i dont believe that Juve's players are so much more kinder that they do it without publicity
    I'm not even saying that they do, but in terms of character I'd prefer that they not give anything and shut up than toss some leftover shrapnel to the peasants and have all the newspapers rave about it.

That's only in terms of character though, and of course the money going to the children is what matters when the rubber meets the road, but I'm not convinced that Totti gives a rip about where his money went

OP

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #127
    Totti has done far more then this though, he has many times helped charities out, this is far from a one-off time, you know.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Still, doesnt make up for what he does on the pitch. If a player is a gentleman on the field, like for example Zidane, altho he's had a few bad incidents I must admit, or Pessotto, or Ferrara, or Maldini, etc, and gives to charities, because he wants to not because he needs it to improve his image, than fair play to him. But if someone like Totti does it just to look better, or to make people forget his spitting a player, stamping a player, etc, then that doesnt make him a good guy over night.

OP

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #129
    Did you know? A goodwill ambassador for UNICEF, Totti allowed two books to be published containing jokes made at his expense to raise money for the children's charity.

xziz

Aug 30, 2004
    Did you know? A goodwill ambassador for UNICEF, Totti allowed two books to be published containing jokes made at his expense to raise money for the children's charity.
    Yes I did. The media repeat this story over and over in Italy.

It looks like he put in the money for marketing consulting only within Italian media. Which makes sense, because the type of comicity is heavily based on verbal comicity and especially Rome regional Italian.

xziz :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)