Terrorism (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Rami said:
lol what can I say?? I am stumped....really!

Its you now will not tolerate?

Anyways no body said you are racial, but that comment was. It's OK everybody can say something wrong now and then;)

thats fine

I am not a racist, and have respect for ppl's religions (or lack of), regardless of what it might be

except satanism

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Did you know that jews have a pilgrimage to jerusalem called "hagg", that aashora is aramaic for yom kippur, and the conclusion is abrahmic religions have so much in common that it would be ridiculous to be so passionate about the differences. And ultimately; ignorance, intolerance, and lack of constructive dialogue demonize the other side and perpetuate the misunderstanding.

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
aashora is a recognized day also in Islam. It is the day that Moses split the sea and crossed it, and Pharoah drowned...it is favorable or "mosta7ab" to fast on it.

Chrisianity, Judasim, and Islam all have very similar aspects. But still there a lot of differences. Thats a whole different subject and the discussion would be lengthy actually...

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Rami said:
aashora is a recognized day also in Islam. It is the day that Moses split the sea and crossed it, and Pharoah drowned...it is favorable or "mosta7ab" to fast on it.
Is it coincidence?

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Jeeks said:
Is it coincidence?
Of course not, all three religions come from the same source....

This might come out offensive but, Jews refused Christianity as a successor, and both refused Islam as a successor. But in essence they are all the same except for minor issues.

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Altair said:
before it was moustahab it was actually mandatory ;) again man before you talk difference talk similarities ;)
It is mantadory for Jews not for Islam, again these are minor differences. But in essence ,like in my previous post, its the same message. worship Only one God, who is the creator.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Rami said:
Of course not, all three religions come from the same source....

This might come out offensive but, Jews refused Christianity as a successor, and both refused Islam as a successor. But in essence they are all the same except for minor issues.
I don't understand the non-coincidence. Isn't ashoora the incident of Al Hasan wal Housayn? and what does this have to do with Moses?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Rami said:
It is mantadory for Jews not for Islam, again these are minor differences. But in essence ,like in my previous post, its the same message. worship Only one God, who is the creator.

Well in case you knew it or not, but before ramadan was prescribed as the mandatory month of fasting; Ashura was the mandatory three day fasting.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Jeeks said:
I don't understand the non-coincidence. Isn't ashoora the incident of Al Hasan wal Housayn? and what does this have to do with Moses?

it's actually only al hussayn( his death), but before it was that it was celebrated in islamic tradition as the emancipation of Moses and the israelites from their bondage in egypt.

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Jeeks said:
You got it mixed up Jack.

Aashoura is originally the day that moses crossed the sea. And the prophet fasted it soley for that reason, Al Hussain was killed in the battle of Karbalaa, maybe after the prophet's death by 30 years, which coincently was on Aashura. Which is the 10th of Muharram.

It has this added significance to Shiite. But I as a Sunni didn't make the connection from your post.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Rami said:
You got it mixed up Jack.

Aashoura is originally the day that moses crossed the sea. And the prophet fasted it soley for that reason, Al Hussain was killed in the battle of Karbalaa, maybe after the prophet's death by 30 years, which coincently was on Aashura. Which is the 10th of Muharram.

It has this added significance to Shiite. But I as a Sunni didn't make the connection from your post.
That was my question, so the coincidence happened back then.

By the way, do Sunnis fast these ten days or is just the Shiites? I knew it was on the 10th of Muharram.

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Altair said:
Well in case you knew it or not, but before ramadan was prescribed as the mandatory month of fasting; Ashura was the mandatory three day fasting.
I didn't know that.

But are you sure it was three? Because I am also pretty sure it was only one day....

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Jeeks said:
That was my question, so the coincidence happened back then.

By the way, do Sunnis fast these ten days or is just the Shiites? I knew it was on the 10th of Muharram.
The mantadory month is Ramadhan only. And no, not all the 10 days.

But there are a lot of "mustahab" or favourable days:

1-the first 9 days from Dhu Al-Hijja especially the 9th
2-13, 14,15 th of every Hijri month
3-Aashura (10th of Muhharam), but you have to fast a day before or after if you are gonna fast the 10th
4-6 days from shawal
5-every monday and thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)