Terrorism (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Seven said:
You never heard of Ieper then? You really haven't got the slightest clue what Belgium stands for and what it has done in the past, have you? And why the nationalistic remark if I may ask? Did you just run away from an argument?

you obviously don't know MY countries history, and you've been taking shots at us all night long...

touche

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Vinman said:
thats my writing style, waffle eater
Yet another nationalistic remark. When are you going to start giving arguments? TBH not knowing what I'm referring to when I say you only reacted when you got attacked yourself does not look good. And the things Shadowfax said have all been acknowledged as facts a long time ago.

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
Shadowfax said:
Personally, I would have done exactly as america did... The implications of these things were not clear at that point,,, it was a different world then anyway... What was acceptable then may not be today, but that isnt the issue or does it make it wrong
that General reference, and question was made towards Seven

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'm sure every country besides the United States would just waltz into some War with guns in hand even if it nothing to do with them...like this is some sort of disgrace.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Shadowfax said:
It wasnt needed... no recognised historian will tell you that america was needed... Its jus not true...

Americas help was welcomed and europe was thankful for assistance which sped up the ending of the war... but thats it

You also forget how many times various allies asked america for help and were refused point blank... " its not our war"

Not untill its own people suffered were america willing to help... and even then, only because to take their revenge they had no choice but to take up full involvement
Perhaps they're joking around. They've been going on and on about how they saved our asses in WWII (at some point even Futurama had to ridicule that attitude), yet they never did and it wasn't their first intention either.

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
Seven said:
Yet another nationalistic remark. When are you going to start giving arguments? TBH not knowing what I'm referring to when I say you only reacted when you got attacked yourself does not look good. And the things Shadowfax said have all been acknowledged as facts a long time ago.
learn to read...I've been giving them all along

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Vinman said:
you obviously don't know MY countries history, and you've been taking shots at us all night long...

touche
How is that touché? How on earth is that touché? Just where do I call you a fat McDonald's American (or anything from the sort). All I see here is that you:

a) Don't have the slightest clue about Ieper.
b) Don't know what happened in the Ardennen.
c) Called me something with waffles again.
d) Didn't come up with an argument, except your uncle who got 7 pieces of shrapnel in his body. Send him my congrats, if you will btw.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
RochemBeck said:
I'm sure every country besides the United States would just waltz into some War with guns in hand even if it nothing to do with them...like this is some sort of disgrace.
Not saying they should... however if they are then gonna spout pony for the next 60 years how they saved the world... maybe they should have .. at least then they might actually have some basis for such claims

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
RochemBeck said:
No, but then claiming you did is.

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Vinman said:
if you feel that way, then STOP watching MTV, and eating fast food

wouldn't want to contribute to the takeover of the world by America
First of all thats irrelevant, the way I see it is that you are depicting a German conquered world is something bad. I as an Arab why would I care if Germany would've conquered this earth if it weren't for the US, where the USA IS conquering the world?? It was just a power struggle and the USA prevailed. Countries and empires come and go, its just how this world operate, but one standing firmly by his beliefs, values, tradition...etc is what matters, and no matter who is opressing you one should stand firmly. It was the Ottoman empire, British, French...etc all these empires fell, it is inevitable. All these empires fell because of a myriad of different reasons and finally fell because of a catalyst or a last nail in their coffin if you would. The same for Hitler's Germany. And sorry to say this but the same goes for the US....continuity is impossible.

Oh and I dont watch MTV, but would eat at a fastfood joint depending on the circumstances ;)

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
Seven said:
How is that touché? How on earth is that touché? Just where do I call you a fat McDonald's American (or anything from the sort). All I see here is that you:

a) Don't have the slightest clue about Ieper.
b) Don't know what happened in the Ardennen.
c) Called me something with waffles again.
d) Didn't come up with an argument, except your uncle who got 7 pieces of shrapnel in his body. Send him my congrats, if you will btw.

he's dead...but thanks for the congrats...little prick

you like to make things personal, which is fine

I dont pretend to know what happened in your country, but you pretend to know everything about everyone else !!

the bottom line is my countries troops battled in France, the Pacific, and stormed Berlin..meeting Russia head on in the center of the city.

Until 1989, my country was West Germany's army, and we did have a pretty significant role in stopping Hitler, and getting the Nazi's out of France....whether your history books say the same, I dont know, but we lost thousands upon thousands of soldiers to the Nazi's, while fighting in Europe

We used the Atomic bomb to END an already bloody war with Japan, and we hadnt even got to their mainland..fighting them on islands like Midway and Okinawa

and after we used the first atom bomb, the Japanese swore they would NEVER surrender...so we had to use a second...and lucky for us, they gave up

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
Shadowfax said:
No offence Vinni, But i'll take the word of the worlds accepted leading war historians over your friend...
again...what we learn in history class may be a little different than what you learn

I think the History Channel here in the USA has a pretty good grip as to what happened

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Vinman said:
he's dead...but thanks for the congrats...little prick

you like to make things personal, which is fine

I dont pretend to know what happened in your country, but you pretend to know everything about everyone else !!

the bottom line is my countries troops battled in France, the Pacific, and stormed Berlin..meeting Russia head on in the center of the city.

Until 1989, my country was West Germany's army, and we did have a pretty significant role in stopping Hitler, and getting the Nazi's out of France....whether your history books say the same, I dont know, but we lost thousands upon thousands of soldiers to the Nazi's, while fighting in Europe

We used the Atomic bomb to END an already bloody war with Japan, and we hadnt even got to their mainland..fighting them on islands like Midway and Okinawa

and after we used the first atom bomb, the Japanese swore they would NEVER surrender...so we had to use a second...and lucky for us, they gave up
I like to make things personal? I'm not the one who brings up emotional stories in order to win a discussion. Your uncle had nothing to do with the discussion and whether or not he had 7 pieces of shrapnel in his body couldn't matter less.

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
Rami said:
First of all thats irrelevant, the way I see it is that you are depicting a German conquered world is something bad. I as an Arab why would I care if Germany would've conquered this earth if it weren't for the US, where the USA IS conquering the world?? It was just a power struggle and the USA prevailed. Countries and empires come and go, its just how this world operate, but one standing firmly by his beliefs, values, tradition...etc is what matters, and no matter who is opressing you one should stand firmly. It was the Ottoman empire, British, French...etc all these empires fell, it is inevitable. All these empires fell because of a myriad of different reasons and finally fell because of a catalyst or a last nail in their coffin if you would. The same for Hitler's Germany. And sorry to say this but the same goes for the US....continuity is impossible.

Oh and I dont watch MTV, but would eat at a fastfood joint depending on the circumstances ;)
Hitler believed in the "super race"- blond hair, blue eyed people should rule the world, and the rest would be subservient, and or wiped off the earth

I'm sure you agree with his treatment of the Jews, however

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Vinman said:
again...what we learn in history class may be a little different than what you learn

I think the History Channel here in the USA has a pretty good grip as to what happened
Yeah, definitely. America never had a history of propaganda.

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
Seven said:
I like to make things personal? I'm not the one who brings up emotional stories in order to win a discussion. Your uncle had nothing to do with the discussion and whether or not he had 7 pieces of shrapnel in his body couldn't matter less.
are we keeping score, or something ???

you believe what you believe, and I'll do the same

My point is that our troops, including a family member of mine, gave their blood and lives trying to rid Europe of Hitler and the Nazi's

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Vinman said:
Hitler believed in the "super race"- blond hair, blue eyed people should rule the world, and the rest would be subservient, and or wiped off the earth

I'm sure you agree with his treatment of the Jews, however
Dear god, you don't even have a clue. Do you know why Jews were being slaughtered in huge numbers at the end of WWII? Let me tell you.

Hitler came to the conclusion the German people weren't as much übermensch as he would have liked. Therefore he tried to destroy every possible escape route for German soldiers and civilians. He wanted as many Germans dead as possible. However it was also clear that the Jews were below the Germans. Thus they had to go first. Hence the slaughter. As for your "super race", blond hair and blue eyes were far from the most important features. You shouldn't read those American history books, Vinni.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
This is worth mentioning. I've studed history both in Europe and the US. I must say, the depth and the overal teaching of the subject here is absolutely rediculous. It's a joke to be quite honest. I remember studying about it in Sweden, and I remember spending a lot of time on the subject and learned a lot about it. Kids here don't even know freaking geography. Also, the teaching couldn't be any more biased here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)