Terrorism (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Seven said:
It's kind of like what the US did in Afghanistan:
a relatively small atack by some Afghans leads to US army unleashing the most modern weapons on several hundreds wooden houses. And if some guy dares to pick up a stone and throw it towards a US tank, they'll make sure the town's hospital is the next military target.

No, Andy, I won't discuss about America much on this forum anymore, but acting as if you have a history of clean warfare is ridiculous to say the least.
Christ...don't pull a Tony Montana and make up notions I never posted. Where did I say we had a clean history of warfare? I never did, so move on Seven.

The military involvement in Afghanistan was neccesary because the Taliban were acting hand in hand with Al Qaeda...giving members protection and refuge under the wings of their protection. While the war on Iraq was a mistake, the actions we took against the Taliban were neccessary as those people were the real enemy we faced after September 11th. And I'm sorry but after the attacks a retaliation was neccessary...especially against the terrorists themselves and their protectors.

And as for the hospital target...you know very well we never pick out civilian locations and say "fire away." We are not that barbaric..

And yes, please do refrain from talking about America...it certainly helps you keep more face on this forum.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Vinman said:
now thats what we all like to hear
Yeah, but saying we would be speaking German if it wasn't for almighty America to step in and save our asses is one bridge too far, Vinni. Like Rami said, what's so different now? The only difference I see is that Hitler actually had a theory and still pretty much did what he though was best.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Seven said:
Yeah, but saying we would be speaking German if it wasn't for almighty America to step in and save our asses is one bridge too far, Vinni. Like Rami said, what's so different now? The only difference I see is that Hitler actually had a theory and still pretty much did what he though was best.
I would say we had a pretty big hand in that...and one of my uncle's had 7 pieces of shrapnel stuck in his body...fighting the Germans in France...to prove it

ever hear of Normandy, Seven ???

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
RochemBeck said:
Christ...don't pull a Tony Montana and make up notions I never posted. Where did I say we had a clean history of warfare? I never did, so move on Seven.

The military involvement in Afghanistan was neccesary because the Taliban were acting hand in hand with Al Qaeda...giving members protection and refuge under the wings of their protection. While the war on Iraq was a mistake, the actions we took against the Taliban were neccessary as those people were the real enemy we faced after September 11th. And I'm sorry but after the attacks a retaliation was neccessary...especially against the terrorists themselves and their protectors.

And as for the hospital target...you know very well we never pick out civilian locations and say "fire away." We are not that barbaric..

And yes, please do refrain from talking about America...it certainly helps you keep more face on this forum.
What I meant is that the A-bombs were hardly as neccessary and civil as you make them seem, Andy. No one should still be bearing the consequences after 50 year.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Seven said:
What I meant is that the A-bombs were hardly as neccessary and civil as you make them seem, Andy. No one should still be bearing the consequences after 50 year.
How do you know that? Fact is you don't...nobody does. That is where the discussion ends.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Seven said:
I'd argue against that. I can certainly understand the preference of dropping some new doo-hicky superweapon they didn't understand the long term consequences of (the scientists may have, but I doubt the people making those decisions did) over losing an estimated couple of million troops invading mainland Japan.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Vinman said:
I would say we had a pretty big hand in that...and one of my uncle's had 7 pieces of shrapnel stuck in his body...fighting the Germans in France...to prove it

ever hear of Normandy, Seven ???
So what if your fvcking uncle had 7 pieces of shrapnel stuck in his body? Who the hell cares? What's the relevance of your uncle's heroic deed of having 7 pieces of shrapnel stuck in his body to WWII as a whole? How the hell are you going to prove the US had a big hand in the victory by saying your uncle had 7 pieces of shrapnel stuck in his body? Stop being so tragic. It's nice to play with emotions, but they have no place here and could never be used as arguments.

Am I saying everything would have looked the same if the US never interfered? No. But I am saying that it's not a certainty we would be speaking German, that Germany wasn't as strong as before and that maybe it wouldn't be so much worse having to speak German all the time instead of English.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
Vinman said:
who'd have stopped them, France ???!!!
Im not gonna argue with you on this vinni, but i truely wonder if anyone that comes out with comments the likes of yours have any idea at all about the war... Its a ludicrous and completely unfounded statement... Any historian will tell you the same...

America helped to speed up the ending of the war, they did not win it and were not needed... To say anything different is either baseless flagwaving propaganda or simple plain ignorance...

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
Seven said:

who is bearing the consequences ??

life is back to naormal in Japan

we would have had to go into Japan to get them to surrender, and MILLIONS would have lost their lives

if you're going to make comments about a subject, make sure you know what you're talking about !!!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Seven said:
Am I saying everything would have looked the same if the US never interfered? No. But I am saying that it's not a certainty we would be speaking German, that Germany wasn't as strong as before and that maybe it wouldn't be so much worse having to speak German all the time instead of English.
Yes, because the Holocaust is nothing worse than what is witnessed today..

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
mikhail said:
I'd argue against that. I can certainly understand the preference of dropping some new doo-hicky superweapon they didn't understand the long term consequences of (the scientists may have, but I doubt the people making those decisions did) over losing an estimated couple of million troops invading mainland Japan.
Please, I don't believe they didn't know what those A-bombs were going to cause. Every scientist would want to know the material he's working with and it's effects, including long term consequences. And if those scientists knew I doubt they didn't inforum their military leaders. So in the end they knew what they were doing.

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
Seven said:
So what if your fvcking uncle had 7 pieces of shrapnel stuck in his body? Who the hell cares? What's the relevance of your uncle's heroic deed of having 7 pieces of shrapnel stuck in his body to WWII as a whole? How the hell are you going to prove the US had a big hand in the victory by saying your uncle had 7 pieces of shrapnel stuck in his body? Stop being so tragic. It's nice to play with emotions, but they have no place here and could never be used as arguments.

show a little respect and couth, you fucking prick !!

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Shadowfax said:
Im not gonna argue with you on this vinni, but i truely wonder if anyone that comes out with comments the likes of yours have any idea at all about the war... Its a ludicrous and completely unfounded statement... Any historian will tell you the same...

America helped to speed up the ending of the war, they did not win it and were not needed... To say anything different is either baseless flagwaving propaganda or simple plain ignorance...
I always believed this was a well known fact.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Seven said:
Please, I don't believe they didn't know what those A-bombs were going to cause. Every scientist would want to know the material he's working with and it's effects, including long term consequences. And if those scientists knew I doubt they didn't inforum their military leaders. So in the end they knew what they were doing.
Probably somewhat true. Details like that tend to be played down the further up the chain of command you go, but I'll concede the point. Still looks like a good option for them methinks.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Vinman said:
show a little respect and couth, you fucking prick !!
Again, playing with emotions, yet no argument. Your uncle had nothing to do with this and you shouldn't have brought him up. You might get anywhere with that tactic because people will be scared and sorry for your uncle and will therefore take on a more vulnerable positon. I, however, won't let blatantly patriotic and biased comments filled with ignorance go by, simply because you mention the fact your uncle had 7 pieces of shrapnel in his body.

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
Shadowfax said:

Paul, we were needed...England had its hands full, with Germany on its doorstep, and France was in complete surrender...so our help was needed

I'm not saying we won the war, it was the Allies who won the war, but we were needed

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
mikhail said:
Probably somewhat true. Details like that tend to be played down the further up the chain of command you go, but I'll concede the point. Still looks like a good option for them methinks.
You could accept A-bombs as a weapon I guess. But were they really necessary in Japan? That's pretty doubtful. And using A-bombs while they're not the last thing you can resort to isn't acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)