Terrorism (20 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Vinman said:
you'd be part of Germany right now if it wasnt for us...
I seriously doubt so, Vinni. You shouldn't take all the glory for defeating Germany. Whereas I don't know whether or not we could have done so without you, I do know that's it's definitely not a certainty we'd be part of Germany if you hadn't been there.

And like Rami said it's questionable that Hitler's empire would still exist. I don't think it was up to the challenge of keeping whole of Europe.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Vinman said:
break the spirit AND end the war...which it did !!!

I'm not here to compare "traditions" but the warrior code of the samurai is pretty long and intense

I never brought Muslims into this...so I think we should let that go
I'm not bringing religion into it. I'm saying is that warrior code of japan isn't unique. This exists in Afghanistan and also somewhat in Iraq as well. Afghans are infact famous for it.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
offtopic..kinda. British playwriter Harold Pinter recently accepted the Nobel Prize and had a pretty interesting speech. Most recently he said this :

"We have brought torture, cluster bombs, depleted uranium, innumerable acts of random murder, misery and degradation to the Iraqi people and call it 'bringing freedom and democracy to the Middle East'," he said in a speech in March.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Layce Erayce said:
How much do you credit the Soviets, Vinman?

:coffee:
as my friend Yezkimov would say "DA !!"

they did their part attacking Germany from the east, but we battled them all the way from France, pushing towards Germany

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Rami said:
ermmmmmmmmm....

6th August 1945, Hiroshima, Japan and 9th of August 1945 Nagasaki, Japan...
No offense, however that was completely neccesary in my opinion. The Japanese should not have attacked us in the first place and brought us into the whole debacle...the blame is entirely on them.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Zé Tahir said:
yea, Germany was never going to give up either, but they did, didn't they? And no, that area is not back to normal. The definition of normal would have to be significantly be changed for it to be used to describe that area.
Right, because Japan had a mad leader who had suicidal thoughts..

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Rami said:
So what if they were atomic? Its still a WMD isnt it?

And trust me neither you or me would be speaking German. Don't act like if the US saved humanity, if it wasn't the US it wouldve been someone else, and if no one then Hitlers empire would've collapsed from within. USA was just a catalyst.
Both statements are unfair to be honest...we would not be speaking German and the US was not just a simple catalyst. Since when do catalytic converters save the enviornment totally on their own?

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Layce Erayce said:
How much do you credit the Soviets, Vinman?

:coffee:
Personally, I reckon we owe the Japanese some kudos. If they hadn't attacked the US, and if Hitler hadn't joined them in their declaration of war, we'd have had to have seen just how tough the Russians really were.

Truth was, Britain had held off the Germans before the US joined the party and would have continued to do so until Russia fell at least.

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Vinman said:
break the spirit AND end the war...which it did !!!

I'm not here to compare "traditions" but the warrior code of the samurai is pretty long and intense

I never brought Muslims into this...so I think we should let that go

Who else, your country ????

We were just a catalyst ??? We defeated Japan, and had a pretty big hand in defeating the Germans...but we were just a catalyst !!!

get your history right, man
Funny how you totally ignored the "collapse within" comment I made.

Just like what seven said the world doesn't owe America anything! And quite frankly I don't see any difference have America did not win the war, we might be speaking German...But hey I am speaking English! The world is speaking English, watching MTV, eating fastfood...etc. So its pretty much the same for me who isn't American or German, I would be just living in a different world speaking German and has strong German influence on it. And don't go saying that Germany would have conquered the world by military! The US is currently conquering the world by the same means but in a more subtle and shrewd way. It is also conquering the world via the more unconventional but much more influential media.

Apr 12, 2004
mikhail said:
Personally, I reckon we owe the Japanese some kudos. If they hadn't attacked the US, and if Hitler hadn't joined them in their declaration of war, we'd have had to have seen just how tough the Russians really were.

Truth was, Britain had held off the Germans before the US joined the party and would have continued to do so until Russia fell at least.
Russia wouldn't have fell, the Russians were too tough, hell, they took a whole T-72 factory from somewhere like Staligrad and moved it to the Ural Mountains.

Plus, Hitler killed himself by starting the war in July, if he had started the war a couple months later, the German military would have been outfitted with winter gear, and the war may have ended differently.

Although, when Diesel fuel is freezing, and soldiers are making fires under the crankcases of their jeeps so the oil doesn't freeze, I think it might be just a little chilly. The Russians were used to this, the Germans were not.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Rami said:
Funny how you totally ignored the "collapse within" comment I made.

Just like what seven said the world doesn't owe America anything! And quite frankly I don't see any difference have America did not win the war, we might be speaking German...But hey I am speaking English! The world is speaking English, watching MTV, eating fastfood...etc. So its pretty much the same for me who isn't American or German, I would be just living in a different world speaking German and has strong German influence on it. And don't go saying that Germany would have conquered the world by military! The US is currently conquering the world by the same means but in a more subtle and shrewd way. It is also conquering the world via the more unconventional but much more influential media.
if you feel that way, then STOP watching MTV, and eating fast food

wouldn't want to contribute to the takeover of the world by America

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
ßömßärdiër said:
Russia wouldn't have fell, the Russians were too tough, hell, they took a whole T-72 factory from somewhere like Staligrad and moved it to the Ural Mountains.
Quite plausible. On the other hand, with just one front, maybe Germany would have gotten as far as the Urals? I don't know enough to judge.

Plus, Hitler killed himself by starting the war in July, if he had started the war a couple months later, the German military would have been outfitted with winter gear, and the war may have ended differently.

Although, when Diesel fuel is freezing, and soldiers are making fires under the crankcases of their jeeps so the oil doesn't freeze, I think it might be just a little chilly. The Russians were used to this, the Germans were not.
Similar to the one front problem - very hard to speculate. The Russians were arming fast. A few extra months would have made a lot of things different.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
RochemBeck said:
Both statements are unfair to be honest...we would not be speaking German and the US was not just a simple catalyst. Since when do catalytic converters save the enviornment totally on their own?

What an arrogant and unjust statement.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
RochemBeck said:
No offense, however that was completely neccesary in my opinion. The Japanese should not have attacked us in the first place and brought us into the whole debacle...the blame is entirely on them.
It's kind of like what the US did in Afghanistan:
a relatively small atack by some Afghans leads to US army unleashing the most modern weapons on several hundreds wooden houses. And if some guy dares to pick up a stone and throw it towards a US tank, they'll make sure the town's hospital is the next military target.

No, Andy, I won't discuss about America much on this forum anymore, but acting as if you have a history of clean warfare is ridiculous to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)