Techno, Trance & House - Reborn (5 Viewers)

Greg

Oct 1, 2001
Jeeks said:
This is what is called Euro Trance, not at all my cup of tea.

I'll upload a song for you to see what I'm talking about.
Never heard this term "Euro trance", I hope it's not synonymous with 'Euro dance' - Cheesey Stuff like Gigi d'agostino and all that non-sense....

That Astrix - poison tune is pretty cool, i like the noises at the start, is that what you call psy trance?

Also i've just realised after 2 years of using dssdj that i've been doing it all wrong - no wonder so many of my mixes are a little off. I've allways mixed 'on the fly' so to speak - Which is, what I hear. is what the crowd hears, or in my case- what is getting recorded. I've always known dssdj has the feature where you can have master on the left channel and monitor on the right channel. I never liked doing this so never persevered with it. I just relyed on the beat counter and flashing lights. Now i see that the beat counter was never accurate and i was adjusting tunes to the wrong speed. Also in the past i always thought it was the thumping bass (kick) that u had to get in time, but really it's everything else, like hi-hat and snare.

Did that make sense lol, in my head it did....

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Jeeks I quite liked that track, once it got going, but it doesn't really compare to anything I listen to really. It sounds like a bit of a mix between techno and old hardcore styles to me but I'm no expert.

Greg its all in the software baby :D
If I were any good I'd be out of this boring job and on the road earning millions as a superstar dj! [/wakes up]

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
jeeks if you ever want a mix doing I'd be open to having a go - always like a new challenge.

Next mix should be up friday night by the way folks

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Jeeks said:
I listened to Goa lots long ago, now I am more into Psy and progressive, not much different to be honest.

goa and psy are interchangeable really... I was into that stuff when i was in HS, saw hallucinogen, infected shroom, yahel(this past year), DMT...
Have you ever grooved on salva or mesc. ?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Jeekster leave these up til tomorrow. By then Ill have the good ship Enron up and sailing. (my computer isnt hooked up to the DSL at my parents crib yet)

OP

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #818
    Haven't posted here in over a month - been busy with finals and all - but there's some solid activity here! And what's up with this new forum skin. Still liked the old better :shocked: haha that topic has probably been beaten to death by now for you guys.
    Anyways, great mixes Tom and Greg. Good to hear you guy's mixing and flowing a solid set together.

Greg said:
    When one speaks of progressive do you think of a set that 'progresses' into something, for example the set starts off quite mellow and perhaps dark, then gradually by the end its what i call 'euphoric, uplifting, melodic' trance?
    Don't confuse yourself. Progressive is just a term used with trance/house/most edm to signify that the genre has 'progressed' from what it was back in the day. This is evident in the way that trance and house in general sound somewhat different than what they were say 10 years ago. For this fact, genre elitists labelled them as progressive - though you're right in the way that progressive trance is much less 'epic' than general uplifiting trance. I myself am a sucker for that sometimes deep, sometimes dark, sometimes funky/electro, influenced progressive house - if that's even a genre... :oops: Guys like Danny Howells, Desyn Masiello, James Holden, Digweed etc.

Anyways, I've started a vinyl collection of my own - in anticipation of some technic 1200s soon. I had almost wrapped up a deal for 2 in september but it fell through. Here's my discogs account, have a look at my tunes:
    http://www.discogs.com/collection?user=arashk
    It's a fairly random collection 'edm' wise. I haven't bought much as of late. My first batch of 16 records were just the classic trancers I just had to get my hands on (all bought from one guy). Then after that, I've been paying the local record stores/online occasional visists to buy that tune here and there. Hope to have a really big shelf full of tunes soon :D

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
    PersianMafia said:
    My Review of Tiesto's new artist album. Track by track review:

01 - Forever Today - 4 Stars - A great opener with a nice orchestral introduction. The end of the song is amazing and is trance at its finest. The track is a little lengthy, so its gets a little boring after a few listens, but awsome production work by Tiesto.

02 - Love Comes Again (vocals by BT) - 3.5 Stars - One of the most anticipated songs of the album. Its a great vocal track and is already a huge hit and played by DJs worldwide. A little too monotoned for me, but great track.

03 - Traffic - 4 Stars - Great track. Get it if you dont have it. This track shows Tiesto's true hard style trance. Catchy yet simple melody.

04 - Sweet Misery (vocals by Joanne Lloyd) - 5 Stars - Amazing vocal/chill track. Awsome bassline with nice effects and great vocals. Get it if your a vocal fan. My favourite together with Nyana. many might disagree about my 5 stars, but I love this track!

05 - Nyana - 5 Stars - Great trance track. A little old for the Tiesto fans, but good thing he finallly released it. One of my fav tracks, hence 5 star.

06 - UR - 3 star - Weakest tarck on the album. More rock/popish, but good to know that Tiesto is exploring different genres. Dont get me wrong, its a great track, but kinda random considering this is a mostly trance album.

07 - Walking On Clouds - 4.5 Stars - Awsome vocal track with a very nice bassline.

08 - A Tear In The Open - 4 Stars - A nice classic trance track with a very classic sounding opening vocals.

09 - Just Be - 3.5 Stars - Good track, but a little too poppy/cheese trance.

10 - Adagio for Strings - 5 Stars - AMAZING!
    If those were "gazzetta rated remarks" the albums sux. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)