Techno, Trance & House - Reborn (7 Viewers)

OP

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #821
    Holygr4le said:
    If those were "gazzetta rated remarks" the albums sux. :D
    It's a solid effort - he's definately talented. But it's difficult to release a good, flowing trance artist album. Trance was made to be mixed - on stage or on mix cds. Trance artist albums are more a collection of smash tunes, plus some fillers, rather than a full journey the producer was intending for the listener. Artist albums thrive better in the more obscure corners of edm, where one tune is not trying to battle out the other. Genres like idm, downtempo, minimal techno, some proggy stuff, etc have really intricate, delicate and detailed artist albums that literally tell stories.

Looking back on Just Be, I'd say Nyana has probably best stood the test of time for me personally. The rest of the stuff sounds pretty average Tiesto - that gets a little old after listening to his sets (tunes like Traffic, Love Comes Again, etc have simply been beaten to death). Tiesto's artist albums have got nothing on his mix compilations. His In Search of Sunrise series from 1 to 3 are the definition of trance for me, and hold soo much nostalgia its not even funny. I've always like Tiesto's mix CDs better than his albums. His alias productions (ala stray dog, allure, gouryella, kamaya painters etc) back in the day are slightly more interesting than his more recent stuff too. Actually most people don't know, but there is a high probability that either Tiesto and/or Ferry Corsten are behind that classic trance track from back in the day with that wierd artist name that only released one or two tunes...
    ;)

btw, these new winks lick balls...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    PersianMafia said:
    Actually most people don't know, but there is a high probability that either Tiesto and/or Ferry Corsten are behind that classic trance track from back in the day with that wierd artist name that only released one or two tunes...
    Hmm.. I have half a mind as to what you're referring to here - who exactly are you on about?

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    yeah I knew corsten was behind gouryella, didn't know about tiesto there though. There's also some rumour that tiesto and pvd worked together in the poduction for "members of mayday" not sure how true that is either

OP

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #825
    Tom said:
    yeah I knew corsten was behind gouryella, didn't know about tiesto there though. There's also some rumour that tiesto and pvd worked together in the poduction for "members of mayday" not sure how true that is either
    Never heard of that one :shocked:

But yeah man, what do you have to say about the explosion of the "swedish house mafia" ala Sebastian Ingrosso, Eric Prydz, Steve Angello, etc. They're pumping out some solid ch00ns. I'm actually drifting very much into commercial house these days. Those commercial house ministry of sound compilations are rocking my playlists these days. :weee: They work well for the 'hit play and start dancing' kinda thing. I also have a fetish for funky stuff these days... :weee:

ooo, I like that smilely :weee: works well with this thread... :weee:

:weee:

ok. enough.

Eddy

The Maestro
    Aug 20, 2005
    barkuss said:
    Hy,long time no-hear in this thread.

Just to say that I attended Tiesto's party yesterday here in Zagreb,and sorry,but this guy sucks big-time
    lool how come ?
    what were things that turned you off ?

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    PersianMafia said:
    Never heard of that one :shocked:

But yeah man, what do you have to say about the explosion of the "swedish house mafia" ala Sebastian Ingrosso, Eric Prydz, Steve Angello, etc. They're pumping out some solid ch00ns. I'm actually drifting very much into commercial house these days. Those commercial house ministry of sound compilations are rocking my playlists these days. :weee: They work well for the 'hit play and start dancing' kinda thing. I also have a fetish for funky stuff these days... :weee:

ooo, I like that smilely :weee: works well with this thread... :weee:

:weee:

ok. enough.
    Hmm.. like I said don't know if its true or not but there you go - its always interesting to see the list of aliases and think - damn! It was him all along!

The swedish house mafia as you put it are certainly taking the whole genre in a new direction and freshening up the whole scene a hell of a lot. They're actually one of the main reasons I'm going more into house than ever before - particularly soulful, funky house - its the hottest thing around atm.

Speaking of which if you have any sort of recommendations for this type of music please share, commercial or otherwise I'll be happy to give them a try and incorporate into the next mix cd I make for my car.

And yeah that smilie is cool, probably the only new one that is any good though :weee:

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    barkuss - well said mate, I expected more from him as well when I saw him in July. PvD is THE MAN in trance, end of story!!

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    I almost saw him as well this year but decided instead to drink a few more cans :D

Was pretty good apparently but what did I care, I saw Tiest, AvB, Andy Farley, PvD and Eddie Haliwell in the same night :weee:

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    http://s42.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1GJUB8G9A64YH12VQFUN2B32W4

My new house mix is up and running, 53m 34s

Tracklist:
    1) Bob Sinclair - I Feel For You (Erick Morillo Remix Edit)
    2) David Guetta - A Little More love (Wally Lopez Remix)
    3) Deep Dish - Say Hello (Steve Agnello vs Sebastian Ingrosso Remix)
    4) Gadjo f/Alexandra Prince - So Many Times
    5) Jamiroquai - Space Cowboy (David Morales Classic Club Mix)
    6) Robbie Rivera f/Laura Vane - One Eye Shut (Steve Agnello & Sebastian Ingrosso Remix)
    7) Tom Novy - Your Body (Andy Van Remix)
    8) Bob Sinclair f/Gary Pine - Love Generation

Enjoy ;)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    Tom said:

Tracklist:
    6) Robbie Rivera f/Laura Vane - One Eye Shut (Steve Agnello & Sebastian Ingrosso Remix)

Enjoy ;)
    Tom...and Greg too,

I downloaded both of your house mixes- thanks very much !!:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

you guys have good taste- the mixes are great !!

btw- does anyone else think of the movie "Ghostbusters" when they hear "one eye shut" ??

I swear, I think they use the beat from their theme song

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    Tom said:

Tracklist:

Enjoy ;)

I liked it a LOT!! Thank you very much, excellent choice of songs

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    vinni thats EXACTLY what I thought when first heard heard it mate, you're very perceptive :D

cheers for the compliments :)

Greg

Oct 1, 2001
    Tom said:
    vinni thats EXACTLY what I thought when first heard heard it mate,
    me too!, i even once put in a ghostbusters sample on the quiet part of the track after the build up, "who u gonna call?...Ghostbusters!!!"

Quality mix tom, sublime mixing!!

Im makin my new mix now, the beat matching will be better than my previous work i hope.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)