Techno, Trance & House - Reborn (3 Viewers)

Vicky

Jan 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by polaris ] ++
Vicky, I like Carl Cox. Im more into techno than trance, and Cox is also like that. Sounds like you will like that list I suggested :)
well i don't think i'd like him as much if i never saw him live
but i got lucky to see him for about 4 hours straight b/c whoever was supposed to show up after him didn't show up .... and he had to spin for extra 2 hours.
at the time i didn't really know who he was
but i know for sure that everyone in there including myself went just insane when he was on

so that's my little story about carl cox

and i'll have to check your list when i get my computer back, i don't have kazaa on this one
thx

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
I need the name of a song

Its by Benny Benassi and the music is just almost like Satisfaction, and its sung by a woman. It isnt "No Matter What Thing You Do"
Anyone know?

OP

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #69
    ++ [ originally posted by polaris ] ++
    a good sharing program for electronic music is soulseek
    http://www.slsknet.org/
    It used to be about 6 months ago. Its gone mainstream now. Type in Tiesto Just Be and Usher Confessions and you will see what I mean. Around a year ago, it was completely opposite. I remember when i typed in Tiesto Nyana, I had limitless options of users to download off of.

polaris

Aug 6, 2003
    I did that, and

the Tiesto search came up with about 50 hits, and the Usher search came up with about 100. Isnt that to be expected tho? A lot Hiphop is 'underground' just as much as dance music and some people will have the pop hits too ;)

so what is good for downloading now? I have trouble finding techno now, so I know what you mean about soulseek not being what it used to be like a year ago.

Also I think people have resorted to only allowing people on their user list to download from them, which rather sucks.

OP

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #71
    yeah, but what I do is I trade a lot with people. I share will people in my list and then find someone who has good music in their folder (trance) then we share with each other and I get what I want. But the best way to get newer techno albums is to use BitTorrent. Yet better, buy them :D Where in van city are you?

polaris

Aug 6, 2003
    well I prefer live Dj sets so those are not usually for sale, as they are all bootlegs most of the time ;)

I live in south east Van, near 41st and Victoria.

Amr

Dec 25, 2003
    I need the name of a song

Its by Benny Benassi and the music is just almost like Satisfaction, and its sung by a woman. It isnt "No Matter What Thing You Do"
    Anyone know
    u mean "Get loose" by benny benassi?

OP

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #74
    Svenson & Gielen Feat. Jan Johnston - Beachbreeze (Remember The Summer)

Get that song! It's a little old, but is slowly becoming my summer tune.

OP

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #76
    Yeah, I started liking it after I heard it on Ferry Corstens Spundae Mix in Los Angeles. It's cheesy, but catchy ;)

Jan Johnston - Calling Your Name

Good song, I dont know how old it is, Ive heard it on a number of mixes but I just lately started listening to it as a single.

Mark Otten - Tranquility :eek: any mix of this song will do ;)

OP

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #77
    Swayzak - State Of Grace

Dont know if I have posted that song before, by when I heard it on Sanders NuBreed mix it was insanely chilled! Dont know who the heck Swayzak is, but their song State of Grace is one hell of a chilled tune.

OP

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #78
    Go run to your nearest music store and buy the album: Sasha - Global Underground - Involver

When you get it, hit play on track 1 and be amazed. The first track is one of the best house songs I've heard in a while.

Just a side note, Sasha did not mix the tracks manually, instead he remixed every track individually and then digitally mixed all the 10 tracks together. Thats a hella lot of work.

Sasha once again showing his world-class talent.

OP

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #80
    Grand National - Talk Amongst Yourselves

It's actually a rock/alternative song with a great bassline, that Sasha masterfully transformed into an amazing house song. You might be able to find Sashas version of it probably.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)