Techno, Trance & House - Reborn (3 Viewers)

Rushy

The Poet
Jul 3, 2004
++ [ originally posted by PersianMafia ] ++
I'm too lazy to look for the old Techno, Trance & House thread, so ill just start a new one.

Lots of good compilations and albums are out. Here are the ones I've got and my number of stars for them.

Armin van Buuren - A State of Trance 2004 (2CD) **** MUST BUY! First disk kicks ass. So far, the best trance compilation of the year.

Markus Schulz - Coldharbour Sessions 2004 (2CD) **** Great compilation with some awsome tracks.

Trance Energy 2004 (2CD) ** Bad mixing, but great tracks put together sloppily.

Airwave - I Want to Believe (2CD) *** Lots of awsome tunes. Lady Blue :thumb: Awsome track.

Those are the latest albums that I've bought. If you want the tracklistings, just ask me.

I can't wait for Tiesto's second artist album to be released in mid-may. Its going to be awsome. I've already heard Love Comes Again, Adaigo for Strings, Nyana, Traffic and they're all AWSOME! Download some of the those singles and tell me what you think.

Tunes of the week:

Solid Globe - Sahara
Airwave - Lady Blue
Oceanlab - Satellite (Original Above And Beyond Remix)
Robert Nickson - Spiral

;) Those are all from Armin's ASOT 2004 :D Awsome album, get it NOW!

I'm not agree.... I still love culture beat, mr vain......

Rushy

The Poet
Jul 3, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Pendir_E65 ] ++
It's hard to believe that "Mr Vain" was released in 1993, 11 years ago!
Yeah, I loove techno and trance... but the one I still love the most came from 1993 :eek: Weird

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
Dance music was very different back in 1993. Techno was not mainstream, progressive trance was not even born yet.

But there were great eurodance performers like Two Unlimited, Jam & Spoon, East 17, Haddaway, Capella, etc.

Every decade has its great music, and it is great to observe how dance music is evolving.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Yeah, I still listen to the old skool dance stuff from the early 90's now and again..made a compilation of the best, pretty cool with the likes of snap, 2 unlimited, corona etc

nothing beats (the original - I love you baby) though - sheer quality old skool at its finest :cool:

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
I agree with that, Paolo. But some may argue that disco has been the original.

When I started listening to music in 1992 eurodance was the first type of music I got exposed to. That's why to me also this music is the finest. Brings up sweet memories of my adolescence...

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
I wouldn't go as far as disco to say that started things, to me it was a completel;y different ball park to either the dance we have today or the old skool from the early 90's. If you look at a song from the late 80's when it was remixed

new order- blue monday

this for me is the song that started electronic dance and led to the birth of all the old skool stuff, which in turn leads you all the way to house, trance techno etc that we know and love today.

I've also got some good memories of the old skool, more so than any other music, since it was relly the first type of music I ever listened to - must have been about from the ages 6-10 and its probably the main reason i still love dance today!

OP

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #94
    I thought so, becuase no matter what I did I could not find it...

So do old larger threads get deleted here to save up server space?

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    I don't really know to be honest, since there are still quite a few large threads in the music forum that haven't been deleted. I reckon its probably been deleted because this one has replaced it - so there was no need for the old one anymore.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    drum and bass? i only justh eard that for the first time a few months ago, some mix cd, i have afew of them. "pendulum" is the only one i rememebr off my head

swag that zlad thing, um, ill stop here

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    I saw Anthony Pappa on saturday, does anyone know who he is?

I had no clue who he was until I saw him, and he does play some dark stuff!

OP

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #98
    Tiësto to perform at the Opening Ceremony of the Olympic Games in Athens, Greece
    Tiësto, twice voted the #1 DJ in the world by DJ Magazine, will make Olympic history on Friday, August 13, when he becomes the first DJ ever to perform in an Opening Ceremony of the Olympic Games.
    Some four billion people will be watching the planet's premier sport event, when the 28th Olympiad of the modern era opens in Greece, the land where the Olympics were born, and the City where they were revived 108 years ago.

No DJ has ever performed at the Olympic Games.

The President of the ATHENS 2004 Organizing Committee, Mrs. Gianna Angelopoulos-Daskalaki, heralded the announcement of Tiësto’s participation, saying: “Our Ceremonies will include unique Greek artistic elements along with modern and international perspectives. While it is path-breaking, it is also natural, that a modern artist like Tiësto will contribute to the celebration we’re planning on our opening night. We welcome him to Athens.”

In October 2003, Tiësto was approached by the Athens Organizing Committee for the Olympic Games (ATHOC) for a DJ-performance of 90 minutes during the parade of the athletes, a part of the Opening Ceremony of the Olympic Games.

During this parade, all participating nations introduce their athletes, over 10,000 in total. ATHOC has shown it values art and innovation by asking the most popular DJ on Earth to produce the music for the parade.

Tiësto will perform his DJ-set live in the Olympic Stadium in Athens. This will include new tracks produced especially for the Opening Ceremony and songs that have been tailored to compliment the spirit of the Ceremony.

In connection with this announcement, Tiësto said, “I am honored to be to be part of the biggest sports event in the world. The fact that the Games are returning to their birthplace and to the city where they were revived makes Athens 2004 very special. The opportunity to perform my music for billions of people around the globe will be the greatest highlight of my life.”

www.tiesto.com

---------------------------------------------------------

:D Believe that! TIESTO and trance djs finally getting the respect they deserve! Man I'm soo God damn happy and proud :cool: :cool: :D :D

OP

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #99
    ++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
    I saw Anthony Pappa on saturday, does anyone know who he is?

I had no clue who he was until I saw him, and he does play some dark stuff!
    He's a pretty big DJ actually. Haven't heard any of this stuff though, but he has played on Global Underground which is pretty prestigious.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)