Techno, Trance & House - Reborn (39 Viewers)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Guetta has lost it IMO, he has concentrated too much on getting chart success at the expense of club tracks.

Unfortunately I see the Swedish House Mafia going in the same direction.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Guetta has lost it IMO, he has concentrated too much on getting chart success at the expense of club tracks.

Unfortunately I see the Swedish House Mafia going in the same direction.
agreed, and you know its not a good sign when they are coming up with flashy gimmicks (LOL from the roof they lowered a dude dressed up as a robot :sergio:)

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
I think he's been wanting to enter the American markets and that's why he's been featuring so many popular artists in the US (Akon, the girl from Destiny's Child, Kid Cudi) (plus he produced "I Gotta Feeling") so he changed his beats to try to appeal to the American markets

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Guetta is a massive sell out when it comes to his producing but his live sets are still pretty good. I saw him recently he played a pretty hard set. Either way I can't stand to hear any of his songs. His best recent work was a collaboration with Afrojack anyway.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
What didn't you like?

The guy hit the jackpot with the BEP and I Gotta Feeling though
his album tracks are still good, though nowhere near as good as his last album, but he did not play a great set at all...took too long to build up the beat, and when it did come, was really :sick:

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
David Guetta is a terrible dj. Regardless of (dis)liking his own productions, the guy just can't build up a set & has an awful track selection.*

* Based on the two times I heard him play live, already more than 5 years ago though :D

Jul 15, 2006
David Guetta is a terrible dj. Regardless of (dis)liking his own productions, the guy just can't build up a set & has an awful track selection.*

* Based on the two times I heard him play live, already more than 5 years ago though :D
It's a lot different now. Nowadays he's just getting paid a lot to produce beats for 'Urban' artists he made Akon, Kelis, Estelle's singles... meh.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Yeah, I know his own productions have come a long way since the days of Just A Little More Love & Distortion.
But I assume his qualities as a dj are still quite similar, no?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)