Tattoos (2 Viewers)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
What do you guys think about tattooing? Do you have a tattoo, and would you ever consider getting one?

I personaly dont have any, but lately I've benn considering it. I would like the chinese symbol for intelligence on my left arm. If I liked it, maybe I would get some more, chinese symbols of parts, or features of my personality, balance, strenght, friendship, etc. I might do it, but not soon tho, I'll sit on it for a while.

How 'bout you?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I only have one question. Does it come off? Frankly I don't know cause I heard about some technique to remove it under some special conditions but I never cared enough to research it.

Assuming that it doesn't, I don't want to scar my body permanently. Whatever my perspective is today, I have no clue whatsoever about the future, I don't want to regret it. And frankly, if you do have a great body as a teen or young adult, let's face it, a lot of people see their body change with age. Just nature takings its toll. And the tattoo that looks great today may not look as hip in 40 years.

Not being a tattoo buff, I still think some look good. A lot don't but some are very cute. But for the above stated reason, I don't think I would ever consider it and I'm inclined to put that argument across very clearly when asked my opinion on the matter.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
I don't have any, but I am thinking about getting one sometimes.

If I do get one, it will be a BMW Logo somewhere on my back.

No point of doing a Juve logo- they're changing it too damn often.

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
Martin, the tattoo will never come off. The black coloer will fade, but it wil always be visible.

All that crap about tattos only lasting for some years, is bullshit. There is no such method. Its either a tattoo, or not a tattoo.

I my self have 2 tattoos, 1 on my right arm, and 1 on my upper back.

K10

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
What do you guys think about tattooing? Do you have a tattoo, and would you ever consider getting one?

I personaly dont have any, but lately I've benn considering it. I would like the chinese symbol for intelligence on my left arm. If I liked it, maybe I would get some more, chinese symbols of parts, or features of my personality, balance, strenght, friendship, etc. I might do it, but not soon tho, I'll sit on it for a while.

How 'bout you?
How about the "Z" for Zorro/Zlatan?

River

Jun 15, 2004
Ive always been against getting a Tattoo, but that dosent mean I wouldnt in future. If I did however it would be something important, more important than myself, like a dedication.

But yeah some Tattoos are cool. However Zee dont get a chinese symbol or a tribal tattoo, they are wayy overdone and just look cheesy. Have something unique that means something to you. Preferably get a unique design also.

Pendir the worst thing I can possibly imagine is having a brand name tattooed on my body.

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

what you think is "cool" now is not "cool" later
Then you got it all wrong. Tattoos is not a fashion, its not clothes you can take on and off. When you get a tattoo, then you have thought it throug very well. A tattoo is (or should be) something special, something private. Its wrongt just to get a tattoo to be "cool"

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Some tattoos look pretty cool, but I personally can't think of any one thing worth tattooing on my body permanently. I vaguely considered getting the Juve logo (probably on my ankle or sth), but didn't really think much into it... not because the logo changes or anything, but I decided that there's not really a point in tattooing it onto my body.

Z, if you do get a tat, seriously don't get a chinese symbol; as River said, it's cheesy and overdone, and to be honest I think it's a bit silly how people think that it's cool to get Chinese or Japanese characters because they're 'foreign'. Imagine how silly you'd look if you wrote in English "Intelligence" on your arm... to me there's no difference just because you get it in a language you don't understand :)

I remember reading a story about a disgruntled tattoo artist who was sick of people thinking it's trendy to get Kanji characters tattooed onto their bodies, and he started writing stuff like "Insert chicken here" on people's stomachs, and "I'm a dirty sl*t", and the people were none the wiser for a long time :LOL:

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
A tattoo doesnt have to be cool, there could also be a meaning behind a tattoo, like Z said about the chinese letter.

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
I remember reading a story about a disgruntled tattoo artist who was sick of people thinking it's trendy to get Kanji characters tattooed onto their bodies, and he started writing stuff like "Insert chicken here" on people's stomachs, and "I'm a dirty sl*t", and the people were none the wiser for a long time :LOL:
Thats horrible.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I've never been into the body art thing. I've always felt like tattoos are basically body graffiti. If it's your thing, fine. Personally, I think they're stupid -- the equivalent of carving your initials on the hood of your car. (And what's with those people with giant letters saying "Mustang" or whatnot as windshield stickers or as paint jobs on the side of their cars anyway -- did you forget what you were driving or something and needed it written down?? :confused: )

And women with tattoos? Sorry. Anti-sexy. Just get a big, fat tattoo of a tarantula on your face and get it over with.

The only tattoos I've even seen that I didn't find stupid or revolting were the traditional ones worn by some Pacific Islanders.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Art^ ] ++
Thats horrible.
Well I'm not lauding him as a hero or anything, but at least it makes people think a bit harder before trusting a stranger to put a permanent mark on their body

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #17
    ++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++

How about the "Z" for Zorro/Zlatan?
    Nah.

Martin, the tattoo will never come off. The black coloer will fade, but it wil always be visible.

All that crap about tattos only lasting for some years, is bullshit. There is no such method. Its either a tattoo, or not a tattoo.

I my self have 2 tattoos, 1 on my right arm, and 1 on my upper back.
    What about laser surgery?

What do you have BTW?

++ [ originally posted by River ] ++

But yeah some Tattoos are cool. However Zee dont get a chinese symbol or a tribal tattoo, they are wayy overdone and just look cheesy. Have something unique that means something to you. Preferably get a unique design also.
    Yeah, I know they are overused today, but it's different when it has meaning to you. Like I said, the only tattoo I'd ever get was a description of myself and my qualities, no girl's name, or brand or anything of the sort. Only things that describe me.

++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
    tattoos are stupid for the only reason that things change.
    Thats why you tattoo something that wont change.

A tattoo doesnt have to be cool, there could also be a meaning behind a tattoo, like Z said about the chinese letter.
    Exactly.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #18
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Well I'm not lauding him as a hero or anything, but at least it makes people think a bit harder before trusting a stranger to put a permanent mark on their body

Zhats why you check first ;)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    Like I said, the only tattoo I'd ever get was a description of myself and my qualities, no girl's name, or brand or anything of the sort. Only things that describe me.

Thats why you tattoo something that wont change.
    Ermm hangon, didn't you say you were getting "Intelligence"? :)

Okay, jokes aside, I think swag made a good point, I mean okay, even if you are intelligent and you find a Chinese character that means "Zlatan is intelligent", do you really need to emblazon it on your body to remind yourself? I may sound a bit harsh, and I'm not totally against the whole concept of tattooing, but you should really have a think about what people are gonna think when they see it. Again, I know it's not all about what other people think, you probably have personal reasons for it, but one of the reasons I wouldn't get such a tattoo is that I'd probably get laughed at for being arrogant/trying to be 'cool'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)